PDA

View Full Version : When did we see Anikin's first indication of darkness.

scruffziller
03-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Do you think it was the "uncertain if they were actually arguing" at the meeting of Padme. Or was it the shouting at Zam Wessell the first indication?

Fulit
03-05-2003, 12:58 PM
Nah, when he shoots Mace Windu that "go to hell" look in E1. Little Sith booger.

2-1B
03-05-2003, 02:46 PM
Nah, when he slaps the hell out of Greedo. :crazed:

stillakid
03-05-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
When did we see Anikin's first indication of darkness.

When he laid out too long in the Tatooine suns. :cool:

El Chuxter
03-05-2003, 03:02 PM
Fulit beat me to my personal choice. I think of the two you presented, I'd say his badgering Zam Wessel. Everything before that in AOTC could be construed as merely an independent streak.

If you buy that Ani used the Force to sabotage Sebulba's podracer (which I don't), that would be the first time.

OC47150
03-05-2003, 05:24 PM
I agree with El Chuxter. Anakin's interrogation of Zam is the first indication. His and Obi-Wan's first meeting with Padme is more of an independent streak. Anakin is very protective of Padme at that point. Maybe over protective??

Darkross
03-06-2003, 11:44 AM
I would agree with the Shouting at Zam scene...since it displays his impatience and anger. Had Padme not been the subject to the attack...maybe he wouldn't have cared so much who Zam was hired by.

scruffziller
03-07-2003, 10:48 AM
But you know, they way that they did that with Anikin saying "WHY?" and then just finishing the sentence. They had me rung for a loop!!:D They were really teasing us. But I was still questioning if it was the first or not. And how about when he yells at Zam. That was so unexpected. Did anyone else not see it coming?:crazed:

Anakin2121
03-07-2003, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
If you buy that Ani used the Force to sabotage Sebulba's podracer (which I don't), that would be the first time.

Are you serious? Who said that? I've never heard that.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2003, 03:22 PM
I'm with the "shouting at Zam" contingent.

PoggleTheGreater
03-07-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm with Frulit and El Chuxter on the look Anakin gave Mace.

TheDarthVader
03-11-2003, 07:49 PM
I say it was when he began to disagree with most everything obi-wan was saying at the beginning of aotc. This showed that he was not "put into his proper place" because of his darkness.

mini-rock
03-12-2003, 12:55 AM
I don't think Anakin's first indication of darkness was so subtle. I wonder if anyone would consider either of those his first sign of darkness if we didn't already know his fate?

Jedi Clint
03-12-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
I don't think Anakin's first indication of darkness was so subtle. I wonder if anyone would consider either of those his first sign of darkness if we didn't already know his fate?

Excellent question!

stillakid
03-13-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock

And, with the Prequels anyway, Lucas's idea of subtlety is like driving a steamroller over somebody's house. I agree with the above, look for the gigantic SWATHS of PLOT spilled haphazardly onto the screen for any indications of character development. The smaller internal moments that built the great personalities of the OT are gone.

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 03:21 PM
With that question in mind, I would have to agree with everyone and say when he yelled at Zam. (This is acting as though we don't know his fate). Temper, temper.