PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe Jango?

tgr3328
03-05-2003, 01:01 PM
I appologize if this has already been said, but I don't get by here often.....

I recently got the deluxe Jango Fett. Fortunately, I only paid $1 for him at auction, so I am still glad I got him.

What exactly makeshim deluxe? Ok, he has snap-on armor (but not on his legs). He has some kind of rocket launcher gun, but it wasn't in the movie. His poses are limited and he has that big, huge hole in his back to accommodate the oversized jet pack.

If he was really deluxe, then he might have some of the following:

All snap-on armor including a removable helmet.
Lots of articulation.
real holsters.
If you want sound effects, put it in a base or free-standing accessory if battery size is an issue.
Other weapons such as smart rope, flame thrower, serrated wrist knife, or maybe the knives we see tucked in Boba's shin-guards.
Maybe even a vehicle like a swoop (ok, not in the movie, but it would be cool!).

But wait, that would pretty much make him Kamino Escape of Final Battle Jango and they were just basic figures.

LTBasker
03-05-2003, 01:37 PM
I don't get how anybody could find the sounds on Deluxe Jango entertaining, even if they were a tiny kid. It's just two sounds that are very short and very boring, I know any kid would get bored quick.

I don't get though why they had to make the friggin rocketpack so big, I mean it was just two basic sounds. I've seen that type of work done smaller than that, heck even with more complex sounds. Yeah it would've still had to of been bloated, but double the size would've have hurt as much as that. Plus they could've found a better way to attach it, so he could possibly have slip-on torso armor set with both front and back plates.

Theres so much stuff that could've made this figure sell, but they went with just a simplistic feature because they thought kids would eat it up as if they were starved of action features. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
03-05-2003, 01:57 PM
I thought this was gonna be about the NEW Deluxe Jango. Either way... I think the deluxe figures ahve been largely disappointing in the Saga line. They have either no real play value (force flippers) or are uninterestingly EU as this Jango was (the super-soaker) or just painfully designed.

The Nexu, Threepio, Yoda and Clone Trooper w/Speeder were by FAR the best sets so far.

JangoFart
03-05-2003, 02:21 PM
I agree with everything you said, tgr3328. The enormous jetpack was uncalled for and a base with sound effects would have been a much better choice.

I also a agree w/ JEDIpartnr and his opinions of what was horrible and what was great. It seems Hasbro either does a TERRIBLE job, ala force flippers and Jango, or an INCREDIBLE job, ala Nexu, Clone and Yoda. Heck, I'd like to just see something in between for a change!

I'm enthusiastic, probably overly so, about the Jango and Kenobi Kamino-throwdown deluxes, but I'm sure they'll find some way to screw those up too.

J

tgr3328
03-05-2003, 02:35 PM
I forgot about the new deluxe Jango. I haven't even seen most of the good deluxe figures. My local Walmart has had nothing but the force-flippers warming the pegs since April.

El Chuxter
03-05-2003, 03:05 PM
I think Deluxe means "stupid feature that's a little more involved than the stupid features on Collection 1 figures." In this case, the electronic backpack. :D

I actually sort of like Deluxe Jango, but only for display. Of course, I use him as Generic Mandalorean Warrior Barney Fife and not Jango, so maybe that influences my opinion a tad.

tgr3328
03-05-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I use him as Generic Mandalorean Warrior Barney Fife

So he says something like, "Can I put the power-pack in my blaster now, Andy?" :p

JEDIpartner
03-06-2003, 08:59 AM
OR... you can take off the backpack and flip him on his stomach and put the Acklay's guts coming out of his back and have the Nexu standing over him and... and... and...

Ehhhh... he's still useless. :crazed:

Jayspawn
03-06-2003, 09:46 AM
The best part about the Deluxe Jango was the removable armor. I guess some of his oversized accessories make him Deluxe.

mrmiller
03-07-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
I thought this was gonna be about the NEW Deluxe Jango. Either way... I think the deluxe figures ahve been largely disappointing in the Saga line. They have either no real play value (force flippers) or are uninterestingly EU as this Jango was (the super-soaker) or just painfully designed.

The Nexu, Threepio, Yoda and Clone Trooper w/Speeder were by FAR the best sets so far.

Funny- I cal this figure Super-Soaker Jango myself. :D

Most of the Deluxe are lame, some are nice just bacause they are 2 packs with some extra accessory (Mace/BDroid, Yoda/SBDroid, 3PO/BDriod). But with the invent of "action features" in every other regular Saga figure, the "Deluxe" term has no real meaining anymore.

=MATT=