PDA

View Full Version : Yet another gimmick laden E2 Obi-Wan....

Glitch
03-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Enjoy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3119497980&category=2476

Nice leg articulation... :(

Beast
03-05-2003, 03:45 PM
The only gimmick he has, is a small tube that connects to a hole in the back of his arm. You press down on the pump, and he can force push over objects. He's actually a very nice sculpt, and quite nice for Kamino Rain Battle dioramas. The lack of leg articulation doesn't bug me, we already have various Obi-Wan's that can sit. If a couple small holes bug ya, fill them with sculpy and paint over them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
03-05-2003, 03:59 PM
"LAME" action feature. Thank God they are coming to an end and will be no more.

Fulit
03-05-2003, 04:41 PM
I hate arm hinges.

Glitch
03-05-2003, 04:59 PM
That arm hinge is the lame action feature I was refering to. It looks just like the sloppy screamin' Mace arm. Like all other action features, it cuts down on articulation, ruins the aesthetics of the figure, and dooms it to a single pose.

YUCK!

LTBasker
03-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Well I think the arm is supposed to be manually moveable because the shoulder is tightly molded. However, the joint is way too big to the point of making it ugly and unrealistic looking.

I guess there is a chance it could have a gimmick, otherwise Hasbro would take away the articulation. If it's there for articulation, then good try but that just shows they're not thinking about it. The joint for TA Anakin's knee is perfect, mainly because they actually molded over the joint therefore not revealing the pin ends.

OC47150
03-05-2003, 05:16 PM
Personally, I'd like to see a basic Obi Wan figure, just like when he and Anakin visits Padme for the first time. No fancy fighting pose or action feature, just a simple pose. Is that asking too much.

Fulit
03-05-2003, 05:49 PM
I vana plotz every time I see an arm hinge.

Patient Zero
03-05-2003, 05:52 PM
MEDIC!!!

Someone get a doctor, his arm is about to pull an excorsist and vomit pea soup! :crazed:

OzOtter
03-05-2003, 05:53 PM
I always wanted a rain drenched Obi Wan to square off against sneak peek Jango. How obtrusive will the pump be, and is it removable?

Beast
03-05-2003, 06:54 PM
The arm isn't supposed to have a gimmick, it's just jointed so that it can turn as well as bend. I don't think the joint looks all that bad. And the bend has to be out there a bit, due to the cloak and how the elbow on humans work. Note also that the arm that has the force push air pump action is ball-jointed. Not sure about the other arm. As for the pump, it's made to look like one of the Kamino landing platform towers. :)

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?showlg=191

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
03-05-2003, 10:39 PM
I kind've like the inclusion of the air pump and find it genius that they disguised it as one of the pillars from the landing platform. In an age where we don't have enough playsets, it's nice they're starting to at least give us pieces of some.

RooJay
03-06-2003, 06:09 PM
I kind OF like this action feature too. The guy who designed it must've been a genius.;)