PDA

View Full Version : Saga TIE Fighter w/ TIE Pilot

mm74md
03-06-2003, 11:01 AM
I've seen on several other sites that Hasbro will be putting out a new Saga TIE Fighter with Pilot this year.

How much truth is there in this rumor? I'd like to know 'cause I need 2 TIE Fighters to hang up along side my spiffy new Imperial Shuttle & don't feel like getting the POTF2 off of eBay.

JEDIpartner
03-06-2003, 11:59 AM
I'd LOVE to see the TIE redone with properly scaled solar panels. It would be nice piece to have next to my TRU X-Wing. I always wanted the TIE and the X-Wing as a kid. I have the X-Wing... still waiting for the TIE! I hope this beomes a reality this year or next year.

mark2d2
03-06-2003, 02:10 PM
As far as I know --- A TIE is coming out. Whether or not it is resculpted at all or what not at this point remains to be seen. I'd wait a while before buying the POTF2 versions ---- we may all be pleasently surprised . . .

mtriv73
03-06-2003, 02:10 PM
I hope hasbro releases their definitive list for 2003 soon. I REALLY hope the TIE fighter and an R5 are on the list.

Beast
03-06-2003, 04:22 PM
Yep, the TIE Fighter is supposedly on it's way. It's scheduled to be an exclusive to KB Toy Store. And it will presumably feature newly sculpted to scale wings. Hopefully a retooled cockpit section as well, to remove the useless and inaccurate handle/battery compartment. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-06-2003, 04:37 PM
I disagree, sorry but the trend so far indicates minor changes and mostly old molds re-utilised. A new TIE fighter would be nice but surely following all the re-releases so far it'll just be the same old same old cockpit with the possibility of larger wings being the major change if any. hasbro would have us believe that the re-releases are to gewt the more familiar vehicles into the hands of new collectors and those who didn't manage to collect them when the previous releases were around.
I'd be incredibly surprised and I have to say pleased, if they released an all new version. but as I say, indications are to the contrary.
I suppose the only way we'll find out is when hasbro holds their own trade show in April. Presumably after that the definitive list will appear.

Beast
03-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Jargo, the Saga Landspeeder was an all new mold. And the TRU X-Wing used the more accurate Power FX mold as a base. And Hasbro has said for quite a while now, that they want to do a newly sculpted TIE Fighter with accurate wings. They just needed to find a store intrested in taking it. Apperantly they have, so the likelyhood that it will be retooled signifigantly, if not an entirely new sculpt is very high. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Ever the optimist. I'm not convinced seeing the re-release of the naboo fighter and the a-wing, the republic gunship, the republic swoop bike, the jedi starfighter, trade federation tank, tie bomber, imperial shuttle..... I will conced that their may be new wings if this is released but I so doubt that it's going to have a totally new sculpt if its released. I just have to say agree to disagree on this one. As i said above only time and a trade show will tell, Or a pre-release picture on some fansite that appears to have insider information. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-06-2003, 05:06 PM
I never got the old one, if they make a new one, I'll buy several. Bring 'em on!!!!!!

Jerjerrod
03-06-2003, 06:22 PM
Yes, a new Saga TIE would be a nice addition to my ceiling. Hopefully the box will have a clear bubble so I can keep 1 boxed and 1 opened. Bring on a resculpted TIE and I'll be loyal to Hasbro for another 15 years!

Oh wait, they have the licence until 2018 anyway. :D

TIE! Hasbro, TIE!!!! :p

fourtwo
03-06-2003, 06:26 PM
i'm down for this, too bad it will be an exclusive that canadians will never see unless they sell and arm and a leg.

jad
03-06-2003, 10:12 PM
I have always wanted a more accurate tie figher, even when I was a kid I noticed how the wings were too small.

I suppose even if Hasbro just released the same cockpit section with more accurate wings that would make me happy, but a accurate cockpit would really be awsome. I couldn't help but buy atleast two of those :)

TheDarthVader
03-06-2003, 10:13 PM
I would buy 1 maybe 2 tie fighters. I am trying to get all of the imperial ships from the new line...

JangoFart
03-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I agree w/ Jargo. (Except for that "orange" stuff. I'm lost there :) )

J

Jerjerrod
03-07-2003, 02:18 AM
In speaking of Saga re-releases, the TIE Fighter seems to be one of the most anticipated. But there is another one that I would like to emphasize, the Millenium Falcon. This is probably THE ship of the OT, the most recognized, and the coolest. This might be an old question, but are there any rumors for Hasbro to resculpt this one? And I do mean resculpt: Bigger, more detailed, more weathered and dirtier, and more realistic.

They should elevate the the Falcon to Shuttle or TIE Bomber status as the most notorious ships of the Star Wars 3 3/4" world.

mark2d2
03-07-2003, 03:56 AM
Okay, I'm totally running out of room, man. But a much improved Falcon --- sized up to where it has an accurate cockpit --- with room for all the heros, just like in the movies --- would be very hard to resist . . . . . .

Yeah, I'd totally have to grab one. No doubt about it.

JEDIpartner
03-07-2003, 08:20 AM
I would say that a larger Falcon would, most likely, never happen. The reason I say this is that it would HAVE to be an exclusive as the cost of a "better" one would push the price up to at least $150. $150 kinda smacks of "hell no," when it comes to toys. Look at how many people griped about the price of the Imperial Shuttle. Cool, yes. Affordable, no. I think Hasblah was pushing the upper limits of price points with the Shuttle. After all... that price point was where the Naboo Royal Starship started and look how much they ended up selling that for!

I think it would be great, but the reality is... it would be too big to be considered a toy and (generally) not easy to store in MOST houses and also far too expensive to design a new one to produce in such few numbers.

Darkross
03-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Tie Yes...it's coming...June I think...and a new Falcon would definitely be a welcomed addition. I agree with JediPartnr...in that it will cost a fortune to own one...but I think that Hasbro will surprise us this year by announcing a new Bigger Falcon for 2004 release.

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-07-2003, 11:03 AM
I would love having a release (even if it a re-release) of it becuase I don't have one period and would prolly buy 2 if I had the chance!

Bent Wookie
03-07-2003, 09:57 PM
Why wait? Just buy one on Ebay! They're not selling for much more than a new one would be in box anyway. And it's totally worth it! Only problem might be the shipping since it's a huge box (I think about as long as the Imperial Shuttle is tall)
I love mine! :)

stad
03-11-2003, 10:32 AM
There is already a scale Falcon, or at least close to it-the TRU one from a few years ago! While monstrous, it is probably pretty close to how big this ship really should be, compared to the figures. Of course, every other Star Wars vehicle would look ridiculous next to it.

JEDIpartner
03-11-2003, 11:35 AM
you're right about that! That was a pretty impressive display piece! Can you imagine someone with the talent to customise that into a perfectly functioning toy?? Zounds!

Like I said, though... WAY too big to be a toy.

Jerjerrod
03-11-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by stad
There is already a scale Falcon, or at least close to it-the TRU one from a few years ago! While monstrous, it is probably pretty close to how big this ship really should be, compared to the figures. Of course, every other Star Wars vehicle would look ridiculous next to it.

Would that one be different from the POTF Electronic Millenium Falcon? Or are you talking about the same one?

JEDIpartner
03-11-2003, 01:49 PM
No... this ship was one that was suspended from the ceiling for promotions during the rerelease of the OT in 1997. It was pretty amazing, actually.

Jerjerrod
03-11-2003, 01:55 PM
Really? I didn't even know about this one. Does anyone have any pictures of it? How do I get one? :crazed:

Jerjerrod
03-11-2003, 01:59 PM
Never mind... I seem to have found it on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2164257444&category=37887

Jargo
03-11-2003, 02:06 PM
It's about five feet long right? If hasbro redid the falcon and just added a single solitary extra foot of length to it, made it three feet long instead of two, that'd go some way towards a more accurate one. I can't see them making one any bigger than that. Adding just one foot to it would allow for a bigger cockpit with room for four and a better interior hold area with removanble floor grating, maybe even the whole bench and dejarik table, the control console, the secret compartments in the deck where they should be by the entrance hatch, the other quadlaser turret on the belly, Maybe even have the front cargo bay doors open for shoving crates of whatever into. They could even add the little drop down laser cannon on the underside.

They don't have to make it massive, just better.

mark2d2
03-11-2003, 04:45 PM
Okay, Jargo is totally dead on here. One measly extra foot would go a long, LONG way in improving this Classic Toy . . .

I say Bring it On, baby. Bring it On.:D