PDA

View Full Version : The coolest thing to do with the original trilogy

princethomas
11-13-2001, 11:48 AM
My new favorite past time is to watch the old trilogy and pick out little reactions or lines of dialogue, and apply new meaning to them based on what we know of the prequels. Pretending that GL had enough forsight to plan these things out.
Like look at ObiWan's face throughout his conversation with Luke at his house. Think about how amazing it must be for him. Heres this droid which he may or may not recognize. All of a sudden this woman pops up on a message. He looks at her and at Luke. What he must be thinking. Alec Guiness gets this little grin. Who knows why he did it then, but I know why he does it now. Because its all coming full circle it must be kind of funny to him.
When he tells luke about his father, he says "and he was a good friend" but he slurs it a little, and it actually sounds like Ani was a good friend. So I have decided that that is what he says
In Besbin, when Boba Fett takes a shot at Chewbacca, Darth vader Pushes his hand down. Why?
Because Chewie is carrying Threepio and Vader doesnt want his droid smashed. Of course. There are a lot of things like that that certainly were not intended, but can be made into that for fun.

Any body think of any other things like this.

Sith Worm
11-13-2001, 08:09 PM
The only thing in this vain I can think of is why does obi say when i took it apon myself to train ani...
...he didn't really take it apon himself if you think about it...

ThomasLane
11-14-2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Sith Worm
The only thing in this vain I can think of is why does obi say when i took it apon myself to train ani...
...he didn't really take it apon himself if you think about it...

Sure he did. In fact, he actually demanded it, whether the Jedi Council approved or not.

Rollo Tomassi
11-14-2001, 03:58 PM
Luke on Dagobah: "...there's something familiar about this place..." because might Luke and Ben might stop there to drop Yoda off on their way to Tatooine in EPIII.

Ben to R2: 'Come here little one. oh he'll be alright..." as if R2 and Ben know each other from way back...

Here are some that bug me

Ben to Yoda: "That boy is our last hope..." Why? Doesn't he know about Leia? Didn't he help hide her?

Vader to Ben "You should not have come back..." What? Back from the dead? Didn't Vader personally oversee the Jedi Purge? Wouldn't he make sure Obi Wan was either on the list or do it himself? Or did Vader know Ben was alive this whole time. Did he LET HIM GO?? Did the Emperor know about this? Was he okay with it? Tarkin remarks "Obi Wan Kenobi? Surely he must be dead by now..." BY NOW. As in "not dead a long time ago", but dead "by now." Did Tarkin know?

Another thing I wonder about is (without going into detail as this section should be SPOILER free)...does Boba Fett know about his "special" relationship with the entire Imperial Army?

BountyHunter
11-15-2001, 05:54 PM
And When Obi-Wan eyes get all big and scared and he realizes that it's the death star instead of a moon.

Obi-Don
11-18-2001, 07:55 AM
I believe that Vader knew that Obi-Wan wasn't dead, but maybe he didn't know where to find him.You would think that a all out manhunt would be on for Obi-Wan.Unless the Emp.,as he always does,didn't think he was any danger to his plans.Big mistake.As we know Obi-Wan got Luke on the path of the Force and the end of the Empire.

One I was wondering about is if Vader was as powerful as said.Why didn't he know about his kids?

Fulit
11-18-2001, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Ben to Yoda: "That boy is our last hope..." Why? Doesn't he know about Leia? Didn't he help hide her?

Maybe those years of solitude in the desert turned Ben into a sexist pig who doubts the abilities of female Jedi. Or maybe he just thought Leia wouldn't be a good apprentice, having grown up in royalty all spoiled and everything. Or maybe Ben is just completely senile and forgets about Leia at all until Yoda reminds him.