PDA

View Full Version : The Blix Report

The Overlord Returns
03-07-2003, 10:42 AM
Blix has given his latest report to the UN:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=514&u=/ap/20030307/ap_on_re_mi_ea/un_iraq_report_7

Discuss...

mabudonicus
03-07-2003, 11:39 AM
Sounds like the "mother of all distractions" to me..
Based on the movie Daredevil, I would posit that the Iraqi PEOPLE THEMSELVES could ALL be weapons of mass destruction(bullseye, he could kill everyone with everything, and the film is nothing if not credible).... and you know what has to be done with them....... so what, he's getting rid of missiles and stuff.. missiles don't kill people, PEOPLE do:happy:

2-1B
03-07-2003, 11:47 AM
"And in a veiled jab at the United States, he said inspectors had been unable to verify some claims about hidden Iraqi weapons and he asked again for more information about suspect sites."

Yeah- because they're HIDDEN ! ! ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

The Overlord Returns
03-07-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
"And in a veiled jab at the United States, he said inspectors had been unable to verify some claims about hidden Iraqi weapons and he asked again for more information about suspect sites."

Yeah- because they're HIDDEN ! ! ! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Essentially they followed up on the "evidence" that Powell et al had given them and could find nothing....what conclusion could they come to based on that?

2-1B
03-07-2003, 02:24 PM
I heard Powell on the radio talking about this report, he was criticising the alleged fact that the report contains many repeat documents . . . and he was dismissive of the report in the sense that if Irag was disarming, Blix should have had thousands of pages, not hundreds.

Curious . . .

Emperor Howdy
03-08-2003, 02:00 AM
What's to discuss?

It's over. :)

Hussein is about to be history. :)

I stand behind the President, our troops, and the absolute removal of Saddam's regime.

Cry, b***h, moan....it matters not. Criticize Bush aaaaaall you want. It falls on deaf ears.

This battle will be short yet fierce....and in the end, Saddam Hussein will no longer dictate Iraq and it's people. Some of you who have attacked the President will mysteriously change your minds and applaud him for taking out Hussein. That's great, but you can't hide that shame from yourself.

For those who still disagree in the aftermath....well, find a new hobby. Life goes on. Come to SirSteves. Pout, squeal, and finger point. It won't bring your buddy back. So, my advice to you: hurry up and get your love letters to Saddam NOW, because I'm pretty sure in a few days the address will no longer be valid. ;)

2-1B
03-08-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
What's to discuss?

Bush's nap is finally over from last night's press conference? :D

Lman316
03-08-2003, 02:42 PM
What's to discuss?

I stand behind the President, our troops, and the absolute removal of Saddam's regime.

Cry, b***h, moan....it matters not. Criticize Bush aaaaaall you want. It falls on deaf ears.

This battle will be short yet fierce....and in the end, Saddam Hussein will no longer dictate Iraq and it's people. Some of you who have attacked the President will mysteriously change your minds and applaud him for taking out Hussein. That's great, but you can't hide that shame from yourself.

For those who still disagree in the aftermath....well, find a new hobby. Life goes on. Come to SirSteves. Pout, squeal, and finger point. It won't bring your buddy back. So, my advice to you: hurry up and get your love letters to Saddam NOW, because I'm pretty sure in a few days the address will no longer be valid. ;)

Nicely said, Howdy. Nicely said :D.

End...

The Overlord Returns
03-10-2003, 12:46 PM
What's to discuss?

I don't know, the fact that the group that knows the MOST about successfully disarming Iraq is asking for more time with this new, proactive sense of cooperation? ;)

Well.....if the US attacks, one would assume they HAVE to get Saddam. If they don't, the war was an utter failure, and the end of Bush's political career. Hmm...hey, that sounds pretty good. Oh well, that'll happen when the economy is still in the tank, and he is in the exact same spot his father was in. Meanwhile, canada continues to have the best economy in the G7 ;)

Totally in line with all the other republican sheep ;)

You clearly know little about Urban combat. The fact that a regime change depends on going into Bagdhad makes a quick war impossible. Funy, seeing how war crazy you are, I figured you'd know that.

I would never applaud Bush for anything. I would expect him to do some actual good there once they get rid of saddam, or else it was all pointless, and people died for nothing. So, no shame here lil buddy :D

You were going along so nicely, but couldn't help but fall back on that elementary school playground debate style...could you ;)

Such a cutie....

2-1B
03-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Just because someone opposes this war, that does not mean he or she is pro-Sadaam. I think it's unfair to label people as "buddies of Sadaam" when they are only offering a different technique of dealing with the situation. One may not agree with those approaches, but that's the beautiful thing about debate and discussion.

I know what Bush was getting at when he said "you're either with us or against us" but I really think many people in the U.S. have taken that stance and perverted it (*cough*CharlieDaniels*cough*) to mean that if you are a private citizen and not on board with Bush, well then you are unpatriotic or a traitor.

As for the rest of the world, Pakistan seems to have gotten on board pretty quickly as far as capturing Al Qaeda, and in that sense I think the president was right in saying "you're with us or against us." That's one thing . . .

It's just a shame though that it's been applied to anybody who raises honest questions about this possible war . . .

The Overlord Returns
03-10-2003, 01:44 PM
I agree completely. IN a democracy, questioning the actions, and motives, of your government is actually very patriotic...

Don't mind Howdy though....he thinks of that kind of "insult" as a legitimate way of "winning" the argument ;)

Emperor Howdy
03-11-2003, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
I don't know, the fact that the group that knows the MOST about successfully disarming Iraq is asking for more time with this new, proactive sense of cooperation? ;)

Who would that be? :confused: You wouldn't by chance mean those two old giesers who wouldn't call out Iraq even if Tariq Azziz drove a bomb-ladened van through the front door of the White House?!?

Well.....if the US attacks, one would assume they HAVE to get Saddam. If they don't, the war was an utter failure, and the end of Bush's political career. Hmm...hey, that sounds pretty good. Oh well, that'll happen when the economy is still in the tank, and he is in the exact same spot his father was in. Meanwhile, canada continues to have the best economy in the G7 ;)

Oh, we'll get Saddam...don't you lose any sleep on that.....and I wouldn't bet the farm on a slimeball demoncrat stolling into office in '04. I think the country would much rather give Bush another go around than watch another bumbling Clinton reward the utterly stupid and lazy for 8 years at the expense of the businessman.

Totally in line with all the other republican sheep ;)

No, no, no, Overlord....we're the elephant. You are the a*s....remember?

You clearly know little about Urban combat. The fact that a regime change depends on going into Bagdhad makes a quick war impossible. Funy, seeing how war crazy you are, I figured you'd know that.

Oh my.....urban combat insight from a Canadian. :D

Well, golly, General.....exactly what military might are you refering to that's going to make that waltz into Baghdad so difficult and drawn out? Is it that army that trades guns for ham sandwiches? No? Oh...sorry.....that was last time. You must mean the "new and improved" army that surrenders during training exercises. My bad. What does a silly American like me know about warfare as compared to a fierce giant of military strategy and power like Canada. :stupid:

I would never applaud Bush for anything. I would expect him to do some actual good there once they get rid of saddam, or else it was all pointless, and people died for nothing. So, no shame here lil buddy :D

Hey, t.i.t for tat. I wouldn't applaud that French pansy Chretien either. Nevertheless, I wasn't refering to you in that comment. I'm talking more about the "Make Love Not War" posers here on SirSteves and throughout the U.S. who think protesting the necessary removal of a terrible dictator is as cool as eating Ecstasy and wearing tie-dyes to a Dave Matthews concert. Pathetic.

You were going along so nicely, but couldn't help but fall back on that elementary school playground debate style...could you ;)

Hey, label it what you will. I call it getting to the point. I've said how I feel. You're welcome to droooooone on and ooooon in your 10 page essays about mean 'ol Bush, but really Overlord.....what is there to discuss!!?!? Count 'em: 7 more days. :evil:

Such a cutie....

Thanks, guy. :happy: I think the same way about you when you put your hair in pigtails and do that hotdog thing. Makes me wish we shared a prison cell. :kiss:

Tonysmo
03-11-2003, 01:58 AM
wow - you guys are so rough on each other. - I can literally feel the love bursting out of my PC...

I have one question for all of you guys though, as I read all of these wonderful debates, on if we should, should not, and all the reasons why all wrapped in between..

Once the fighting starts - who will give full support to our troops?

I know you all have your reasons why this should or should not take place, and while I know you guys seems to enjoy the arguement, and I'm sure you guys can appreciate each others stance on the matter... However, when it comes down to the actual deal, and our brothers/sisters go in to fight for our country, I would certainly hope you ALL support them. I truely think that when the fighting starts -spouting off about how this shouldnt be happening should cease. It certainly doesnt help the moral of our troops one bit when they know that people in their own country dont support them. I would consider anyone would doesnt give our troops the full support they need to do this is well.. a bad American..

on a lighter note, I heard somewhere that Canada has announced they will support our cause and let us use a battleship, 6000 of their finest troops and air support... unfortunately after the exchange rate it amounts to a canoe, 4 mounties and a flying squirrl...

DOH!

James Boba Fettfield
03-11-2003, 02:29 AM

Howdy, are you talking about this elephant and donkey?

The Overlord Returns
03-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Who would that be? :confused: You wouldn't by chance mean those two old giesers who wouldn't call out Iraq even if Tariq Azziz drove a bomb-ladened van through the front door of the White House?!?

No. That would be the expert UN inspectors who are finding thigs now, and those who found and destroyed 95% of Iraqs Banned weapons Last time around. BTW, that number comes from the mouths of both a democrat and republican senator on a cnn debate I caught sunday.

Oh, we'll get Saddam...don't you lose any sleep on that.....and I wouldn't bet the farm on a slimeball demoncrat stolling into office in '04. I think the country would much rather give Bush another go around than watch another bumbling Clinton reward the utterly stupid and lazy for 8 years at the expense of the businessman.

I'd be more apt to lose sleep over Bush's awful grammar than wether or not they get Saddam...as for businessmen...yes, those l'il millionaires are SO hard done by :)

As you are so fond of pointing out EVERY TIME WE ARGUE Howdy, I am canadian, and could not possibly be a democrat (nor would I want to). As for the Elephant...it's a good comparison animal for republicans....a giant lumbering beast that gets scared and panics whenever it is faced with the little mice it usually treads under foot.

Oh my.....urban combat insight from a Canadian. :D

Well, golly, General.....exactly what military might are you refering to that's going to make that waltz into Baghdad so difficult and drawn out? Is it that army that trades guns for ham sandwiches? No? Oh...sorry.....that was last time. You must mean the "new and improved" army that surrenders during training exercises. My bad. What does a silly American like me know about warfare as compared to a fierce giant of military strategy and power like Canada. :stupid:

We're talking about Urban warfare in Bagdhad.....even the top military men in YOUR ARMY will tell you it will be a difficult, and possibly costly campaign in those situations. You didn't fight an Urban war in 91.....

As for being a strategist.....that's unecessary. All you need to do is pay some attention to historical examples....however, I know you well enough to know that Facts aren't your thing ;)

Hey, t.i.t for tat. I wouldn't applaud that French pansy Chretien either. Nevertheless, I wasn't refering to you in that comment. I'm talking more about the "Make Love Not War" posers here on SirSteves and throughout the U.S. who think protesting the necessary removal of a terrible dictator is as cool as eating Ecstasy and wearing tie-dyes to a Dave Matthews concert. Pathetic.

Hey, that's fine. I happen to fel protesters are useless whiners....

Hey, label it what you will. I call it getting to the point. I've said how I feel. You're welcome to droooooone on and ooooon in your 10 page essays about mean 'ol Bush, but really Overlord.....what is there to discuss!!?!? Count 'em: 7 more days. :evil:

7 more days, huh? Better check the latest news reports...Bush and his little "fluffer" Blair are all about "comprimising" on the deadline resolution they know hasn't a snowballs chance in hell of getting passed, even without a veto.

Thanks, guy. :happy: I think the same way about you when you put your hair in pigtails and do that hotdog thing. Makes me wish we shared a prison cell. :kiss:

Interesting analogy to bring up.

Take a look at canada and the US...we're bigger than you, and we're on top....if this were prison....you would be ourB***H :evil:

Emperor Howdy
03-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Tonysmo
I truely think that when the fighting starts -spouting off about how this shouldnt be happening should cease. It certainly doesnt help the moral of our troops one bit when they know that people in their own country dont support them. I would consider anyone would doesnt give our troops the full support they need to do this is well.. a bad American.

Absolutely, Tonysmo.....well said. I believe that the majority will support the troops when combat begins, even my Canadian counterpart Overlord.

It's people like EricRG that worry me. Those people who enjoy the fruits of this country yet hide behind the freedoms of the Constitution and publically spit in her face.

The Overlord Returns
03-11-2003, 10:48 AM
Absolutely, Tonysmo.....well said. I believe that the majority will support the troops when combat begins, even my Canadian counterpart Overlord.

EH nailed it for me Tony. Do I support the war...yet? No. However, I still feel the treatment of returning troops during vietnam by the protesters then was disgusting. Soldiers don't make the decisions for war....they simply do what their job asks of them. Their brave, and deserve support.

However, your little jab at the canadian military, while funny (and sadly true) was uncalled for. Remember, it was our task force that found a load of those al qaeda and taliban wankers in Afghanistan ;) ...and it was the US that asked for the help....

2-1B
03-11-2003, 11:33 AM
.....even the top military men in YOUR ARMY will tell you it will be a difficult,

I thought you have dual citizenship? :confused:

The Overlord Returns
03-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I thought you have dual citizenship? :confused:

Work visa.

I have dual Canadian/ Euro citizenship....

2-1B
03-11-2003, 01:35 PM
Gottcha. :)
I was thinking you had dual Canadian/American citizenship since you are in Toronto, I didn't know it was actually Euro. I confused the work visa with the citizenship issue.

The Overlord Returns
03-11-2003, 01:37 PM
Spent time in the states with the WV...

But, I was born in Canada of british parents...so my british citizenship was a natural....then, when the euro thing came in...I got the benefit of that as well.

JediTricks
03-12-2003, 12:17 AM
I'm going to start removing entire posts from these threads the next time I see more of these personal attack posts. No editing, no nicey-nice warnings, if you won't post within the guidelines of this site then I'm just going to start removing offending posts. If it continues past that, I'll have no choice but to start suspending the offenders themselves.

No hijacking, no bickering, no name-calling, none of it, no more. Discuss the issue in a civil manner or don't bother posting about it at all.

The Overlord Returns
03-12-2003, 08:26 AM
Well.....My apologies for any insulting or namecalling I've been party too...

However, in defence of Howdy and myself JT, I think both of us realize it's not meant in a serious manner...atleast toward each other...

Emperor Howdy
03-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Indeed, TOR. :)

JediTricks
03-12-2003, 11:21 AM
It doesn't matter, if it's "not meant in a serious matter" then it's really just an attempt to hijack this thread from those who do want to discuss these issues. Others are seeing it as a nastiness and I tend to agree - venom under the thin veil of the moniker "humor" is still venomous.

The Overlord Returns
03-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
It doesn't matter, if it's "not meant in a serious matter" then it's really just an attempt to hijack this thread from those who do want to discuss these issues. Others are seeing it as a nastiness and I tend to agree - venom under the thin veil of the moniker "humor" is still venomous.

I don't think there is any question that EH and I are discussing the issues....

However...I will play nice from now on:D