PDA

View Full Version : No! Say it isn't so- Halo 2 delayed until 2004?

mrmiller
03-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Fresh from planet Xbox-

Halo 2 Delayed
Friday, March 7, 11:24 | Talon |
Halo 2, those two words are enough to send any Xbox fan into a frenzy, and what a frenzy the latest Halo 2 information will put fans in. Today, in a story run over at Bungie, it was revealed that Halo 2 won’t be shipping during 2003. While the exact date wasn’t disclosed, the following was said:
“We're still not ready to pick a specific release date, but we do want to state for the record that Halo 2 will not ship in 2003. This game is a vast undertaking, considerably more complex than any of our previous efforts, and there is just no way to squeeze all of the necessary work into this calendar year. We know many of you were hoping to get your hands on Halo 2 during the holiday season, and we're sorry to disappoint you - but making this game as good as we possibly can is our paramount concern. Microsoft understands and supports our decision, and we hope you will too. Our ultimate goal is to make Halo 2 a great game; when the game comes out next year, we think you'll agree we made the right choice.
Of course, you'll be able to get a small taste of the glories we have in store when we show Halo 2 at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in May. And there is Halo for Mac and PC, still on track for a 2003 release with several new features and content. There is lots of exciting stuff on the way for Halo fans.”

Crap.

:cry:

=MATT=

Boba Rhett
03-07-2003, 08:14 PM
As long as it makes me weak in the knees when it does come out, the wait'll be worth it. :)

QLD
03-07-2003, 09:14 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*deep breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want this game more than anything I can remember in a while.
But, better they get it right, instead of releasing junk. :(

Lord Malakite
03-07-2003, 09:22 PM
Read the quote in my sig. From the mouth of one of the greatest video game legends, it says it all.

QLD
03-07-2003, 09:29 PM
They could have delayed Captain Novolin until 2025, but it would still suck! :crazed:

But good quote Mr. Malakite

mrmiller
05-14-2003, 08:33 AM
MS showed some cool in game footage at E3 for Halo 2. Gamespot and IGN had it on thier sites for a while, but I thin the only place you can get it is Kazza or someplace now (It's like 100 meg).

This game look amazing- even better than I had imagined. Anyone else had a chance to catch the video?

=MATT=

QLD
05-14-2003, 10:22 AM
I haven't seen it, but I am scared to. It may only increase my hunger for Halo 2!

jpak001
05-14-2003, 07:12 PM
I think that video os on the demo disc that came in the new X-Box magazine.

The magazine has really good article on the game also. I can't wait for Halo 2!!

Boba Rhett
05-14-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Lando In My Pants
I haven't seen it, but I am scared to. It may only increase my hunger for Halo 2!

It'll melt your pants.

Hellboy
06-06-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by mrmiller

This game look amazing- even better than I had imagined. Anyone else had a chance to catch the video?

Oh yeah this is gonna be the game of 2004. The demo is sweet and it looks as if the extra time spent with this game should justify the delay. It looks like there is a lot more interaction with the other troops and how cool does that city setting look. It also appears that you can now knock the Covenant Ghost pilot out of his ride and hop into the seat in one cool motion. I can't wait I think I've watched the demo close to twenty times now. :crazed: