PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Eopie and Qui-gon

fishyfett
03-07-2003, 11:30 PM
I recently won an Eopie in e-bay. When received it, I was excited and opened the package. I never felt so humiliated in my life when I found out there's no Eopie. It was just glued cardboard panels. Its even glued on the inside. When I tried to pull out the stuff it ripped part of the box and thus, ruined it. Then I noticed the Qui-gon figure was not the one pictured on the box. It looked different, more like the POTJ Poncho Qui-gon. Definitely a hoax.

After I told the seller about this, he was surprised and upset. He claimed he also bought the same item thru e-bay a year ago. Never opened it, never knew what's inside. This guy's got all positive feedbacks and he's been selling for quite sometime. So we agreed to work this one out. After all, he, too, got 'jiffed' by the Bogus Eopie/Qui-gon.

So to everyone who bids on e-bay, please be extra careful. I know I'm not the first and certainly won't be the last, but it helps to be reminded once in a while that there are still some people out there who won't think twice about rippin' somebody off!!!:frus:

LTBasker
03-08-2003, 12:19 PM
I dunno, he could've been the one fooling you, I mean afterall the majority of people getting Eopie's on ebay keep them MIB, and the Qui-Gons are very much alike. I think the best thing that could be done is you both trying to get your money back if he really did get jiffed as well. He should still have the auction on his feedback, he would just need to look it up and get the seller's ID.

TheDarthVader
03-10-2003, 05:16 PM
I think you should get your money back from the guy you bought it from and stop acting so sensitive to his feelings. "Boo hoo, it happened to him too." Well, he could be a liar. I am not saying yes he is...I am not saying no he's not. But don't be so quick to fall for the possible illusion.-----Brian

fishyfett
03-25-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
The E in E-bay stands for EVIL! It is a disgrace to capitalism. It is also humorous to browse some items for sale and see how some knuckleheads overcharge lightyears above retail prices. It is quite true that E-bay does remind me somewhat of a place of 'wretched hive of scum and villainy'. But sometimes, its the only option you have. And most people will just play blind to the outrageous bids they put in. I guess, if you really want it that bad, or you're ready to pay for whatever it takes, then its your call. I usually set a certain limit if its worth the price its asking for. As for this Eopie, the seller claims he, too got jiffed. He about to send me back my money, so we'll see. I do believe majority of the e-bayers are honest people just trying to do business. But there are also e-bayers of the dark side. I wish I could use the Force to choke the life out of them. Avoid these people when you can!!!

RussUAE
04-17-2003, 05:57 AM
Eopies are still only 30 pounds sterling at thetoyshop.com, so you should never have to pay too much for one of them. I opened mine, and i isn't actually that great a piece.

I had to get a Fambaa shipped over by a friend in the US - that was ridiculous in terms of postage alone.

fishyfett
04-19-2003, 03:24 AM
Thank you for your support and advise. And to end this unfortunate tale of the Eopie Blues, yes I did get my money back,
minus S&H of course. The seller was genuine person with a big heart and was nice enough to fix our problem.

Finally, I got my own Eopie at a cheaper price from, yeah E-bay, once again. Nice toy, still an expensive piece. But at least, a real McCoy. So, I'm overall quite happy with how it turned out.

Well, I can only wish this would be the ending for all messed up transactions, but you never can tell. Good luck bidding.......:D