PDA

View Full Version : Make BIGGER versions of vintage micro collection playsets!!

coy5
03-08-2003, 12:50 AM
Hasbro, I have brought this up before and others have to. Bring back the vintage micro collection playsets but make them to scale with 3 3/4" figures.
Think about it, these sets used to be connectable and interchangeble. I know that if you made these, I would HAVE to buy all of them and anyone else could not resist buying them as well.
Anyone else remember these awesome playsets.
If anyone could put up some attachments of these images, that would be excellent.
Sets that I know of:
Death Star Escape
Hoth generator Attack
Hoth Ion Cannon
Hoth Turret Defense
Bespin Control Room
Bespin Freezing Room
Sets that could be added:
Imperial Hanger Bay(two or more sections)
Rebel Hanger Bay(two or more sections)
Endor bunker Attack
Death Star Throne Room
Imperial landing platform(big, but possible)

Anyone else got my back on this?

RooJay
03-10-2003, 02:27 PM
I've often thought the old Micro Collection playsets would make for some really awesome 3 3/4" playsets if the were simply scaled up, with some slight retooling to add a bit more detail. Ditto for most, if not all, of the stand alone (meaning non-transforming/ busts) Micro Machines playsets.

Rogue II
03-10-2003, 02:46 PM
I'd buy into scaled up versions the vintage micro collection. In fact, I was just looking at pictures of the vintage sets last week. You may be able to find pics of them on www.toysrgus.com

The Micro Machines were alright. I didn't see all of them, but I don't think they have the interconnectablitiy that the Vintage line had. I have the MicroMachines Death Star set from the 90s. It is almost like a scaled down version of the Palitoy Death Star playset.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
03-20-2003, 12:35 AM
A Bespin Gantry/Control room combo would be awesome. Not to mention a more fully-featured Millenium Falcon, kinda like the old Micro one. And I'd be very happy if they made a decent Hoth playset a la the Micro Collection ones.