PDA

View Full Version : Holo Sid, NRG, Amidala Battle

ACPin
11-13-2001, 11:19 AM
These figures were supposed to have shown up in the TRU/KB sales of Episode 1 figures. :confused: Never found any of them at all so I was fortunate enough to have gotten them initially at KMart.

Anybody had better luck than me on these? :( :frus:

OC47150
11-13-2001, 12:43 PM
AC,
I saw battle Amidala, Sio Bibble and the pit droids once at Target the spring or summer of '00. It was right before Target clearanced out all their SW merchandise. I passed on them 'cause I didn't have enough money on me.

I was fortunate enough to find the holo Sid at Wal Mart.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 04:38 PM
I never saw any of these at Target or TRU. I found mine back in March of 2000 at the Lakewood, CA Wal-Mart. I did happen to run across a QA Battle at a KMart in Utah about a year ago.

The Sidious was only decent because he was the only true holo 3 3/4" figure we've gotten so far, but if he'd been a pegwarmer nobody would give a rat's A about it.

The NRG is great just for the cool pose and the helmet. Plus, he doesn't look dopey like the Security guard.

GNT
11-14-2001, 12:35 AM
I still need them :(

TeeEye7
11-14-2001, 04:44 AM
I've never seen these figures in any of the normal retail stores. I guess they were lost while crossing the Mississippi.....:frus:

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 06:40 AM
I was fortunate enough to find Holo Sidious and the Naboo Royal Guard at TRU, but that was during initial release for full price. I've never heard of any sightings in the big clearance sales of either of these.

OC47150
11-14-2001, 07:48 AM
I'm still hoping they'd show up at KB or TRU.

sith_killer_99
11-14-2001, 07:46 PM
I still cling to the belief that these WILL show up at TRU!

This was the ONLY wave I never found at TRU!

Swimming Jar-Jar showed up back in May!:D

With the POTJ line out and EP2 around the corner, it will be a while til TRU gets the "last wave" of EP1 for their clearance racks.:(

But, it will happen!;)

Remember the "HTF Mon Mothma wave"? These things started showing up in MASS a couple of months after EP1 hit the shelves.:rolleyes:

I predict that by the end of summer 02 we will hear reports of these hitting the clearance racks at TRU and/or KB!:sur:

ki-adi mundi's bro
11-14-2001, 08:03 PM
we got lucky at wal-mart and got royal gaurd, holo sidious, and yoda w/ the episode I logo.

GNT
11-15-2001, 01:15 AM
I'm never going to get them as they were never released here (due to the wave 1 pegwarmers) and they'll never show up here in stores ever! My only way of getting them is through scalpers either from Ebay or at local shows here(but they all charge like $100 per one with is way to much for one of them in my opinion!) whew!

JEDIpartner
11-15-2001, 12:12 PM
I saw the Battle Amidala in Japan, but passed on it... I didn't really think it was that great... basically a soft goods version of the original one that came out in the first waves.

I Love the NRG... was just dusting him off last night as a matter-of-fact!

I have the Holo-Sidious... and a second one that I'm keeping to retire on... NOT- but really DO have a second one that I'm holding onto.:D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-16-2001, 08:37 PM
A comic store in Canada has globs of Naboo Guards and Pit Droid 2 pks for $15 Canadian (about $7.50 U.S.). Whenever I am up there, I have other priorites on my mind, so I never have enough :greedy: to get them. :cry:

But I do hold out hope that they'll show at Toys R Us. Everytime I go to TRU, I immediatley check that blasted infernal bin at the end of the Star Wars aisle and hope that one day, someone will finally buy all those Adi Gallas and Maul Tatooines and they'll replace them with Sio Bobbles, TC-14s, Pit Droids, etc.

Do you also think we'll see POTF2 Motti and Hooded Leias in mass quantities?

GNT
11-17-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Do you also think we'll see POTF2 Motti and Hooded Leias in mass quantities?

I highly doubt it! :(

Wolfwood319
11-17-2001, 11:47 PM
You should seriously try to befriend a TRU employee at the stocking end of things. Just ask if they have any other cases of SW figs. You'd be surprised what cases lay await back there for the picking. The over abundance of E1 wave 1 on the pegs usually resulted in them just holding the cases in the back.

GNT
11-18-2001, 11:28 PM
I heard that the Ob1 w/gungan sub,Maul w/probe droid speeder have been showing up fo less than $2!

OC47150
11-19-2001, 07:31 AM
I found the Obi Wan with sub and Maul and shooting sith speeder at KB for under $5. That's been some time ago.

My TRU had the Jar Jar and cannon and scout battle droid for $2 on Saturday.