PDA

View Full Version : Those hard-to-find figures may not be so hard afterall...

JangoFart
03-08-2003, 11:43 PM
Today, I found the following on various pegs at Wal-Marts in Arkansas and Oklahoma: 6 Ephant Mons, 3 Dexter Jettsters with "pipe" text, 2 Luminari's with "removeable cloak", and 2 bloody Lukes.

Could this be that older waves that have sat in the back are FINALLY freakin' making it to the pegs? Could it be that Hasbro is shipping more product, but more old stuff instead of new?

Anyone else notice this? Anyone else have any ideas why I have witnessed in one day figures that I haven't seen in over one year?

J

(On a different note, I also found 2 Aayla's, 2 Barriss', and a slew of new Padme's and research droids.)

Beast
03-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Cool find. I still haven't found an Ephant Mon, though I found everything else at retail. Happen to pick up any of those 6 for us unlucky forum folks? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JangoFart
03-08-2003, 11:50 PM
JJB: I picked up one extra Ephant. The others looked like every other Ephant I've seen: card warped to hell due to the weight of that figure hanging on a peg.

I was most surprised, actually, to see those Dexsters. I have seen 3 before in person before today. I bought one for me and sold the others for about 10 bucks on eBay. But, that was a LONG time ago!

If you need an Ephant, I'm going back next Saturday. If they're still there, I'll snag one for you; no biggie. (That is NOT an open invitation to every schmoe who reads this, BTW :) )

J

Beast
03-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Don't care about card condition, I'm one of the proud people who open my toys. Thanks for the offer. I'd rather deal with someone like you, that I atleast know. Then resort to Fleabay. Congrats on the find. Hopefully this happens for more people. Things have been starting to turn up around here also. Was able to snag Padme, Tusken, and Library Droids the other day. No RFT's or IO's though, which was weird. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
03-09-2003, 12:11 AM
Maybe I'll waddle on up to Target tomorrow and see if they got anything old, but new to me, sitting on the shelves. If not, well, guess I'll come back here and cry.

JangoFart
03-09-2003, 12:33 AM
No skin loss here. Just thought I'd offer.

The Padme wave does seem to be making its way out well. Glad others are finding them. Unfortunately, most places seem content on leaving the old crap on the pegs so the same nobodys who have been not lining up to buy them can continue to not line up to buy them.

J

Tonysmo
03-09-2003, 01:45 AM
OOO OOOO OOOO OOO ( horschak like from welcome back carter )

if you have the chance.. of course.. I have yet to find one around here.. not only have I seen no new product, but these jeeerks wont even put the peg warmers on sale.. grrrrrrr....

lemme know..

thanks!

Kidhuman
03-09-2003, 12:00 PM
If you can pick me up a bloody Luke I would aprreciate it. Thanks in adavance.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-09-2003, 12:36 PM
D*mmit all to hell. The only 2003 figures I've found are Obi-Wan and Tyranus. The pegs are full of Pilot Padmé, Palpatine, Dex and Geo Warriors. Son of a b*tch. I'm getting really ****** at my stores near me. not even any Ephant Mons or Wal-Mart Trash Scenes. The bloody "NEW ITEM" tag and price tag for the scenes have been there for ages, come on time to put them out for cripe's sake. :mad:

But hey . . . if any of you have some extra 2003 figs (besides Obi-Wan and Tyranus, of course), I'll gladly take them.:)

JangoFart
03-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Funny, but I've never seen a Tyrannus or Kenobi on the pegs. I'm still hunting for an Aayla, as my daughter took the one I got yesterday. (She's been reading the comics with me and lost it when we found Aayla.) Now I need one for "me".

J

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-09-2003, 04:40 PM
I'll be heading into Columbus and the Dayton area in a few weeks, i'll keep my eyes peeled for extras. I can't believe Ephant still isn't out there alot more. Curse'd Hasbleh distribution! :D

Dar' Argol
03-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Haven't seen an Ephant Mon in a while but on Fri and today we got in cases with Lama Su, Padme Droid Factory, Yoda, Dooku, Alaya Secura (or whatever her name is), Barriss Offe, Tuskin Male, Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, Those Jedi Droids. And the Clone Trooper w/Speeder, the new Geo Warrior, and the "Oops-I-Crapped-My-Pants" Flipping Anakin. No sign though of the Droid Butt kicking Yoda Deluxe or the 3PO droid Factory Deluxe. But new stuff is somming in!!!:D :D :D

Paul-Kenobi
03-11-2003, 02:31 PM
I still havent found Obi-Wan and Tyrannus :(

I found the New Padme and Eath Koth

And still no Deluxe Clone Trooper :(

Deoxyribonucleic
03-11-2003, 02:37 PM
Man, and I thought I was the only one not finding anything new!

But cheers to finding something old and I still haven't seen the elusive ephant on pegs either :(

jad
03-11-2003, 07:55 PM
I as well have been having a massive amount of dissapointment over finding new toys. Of course I haven't found Ephant Mon, or any of the 2003 figures. Heck it wasn't until last week that I found a Clone Trooper Deluxe with speeder bike. All the stores around here are doing pretty lame lately. Oh well, it is probably the worst time of the year to find new toys.

bobafrett
03-11-2003, 09:00 PM
I don't know, I went to several stores today, and not a new figure in sight. One Wal-Mart I stopped in at, had eight pegs, two were empty, and the other six had 1 Jango pilot on each, but not another figure in sight, well except for the deluxe flipping Anakin.

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I don't know, I went to several stores today, and not a new figure in sight. One Wal-Mart I stopped in at, had eight pegs, two were empty, and the other six had 1 Jango pilot on each, but not another figure in sight, well except for the deluxe flipping Anakin.

Same with my local area walmarts??? The 8 pegs were FULL of jango pilot and padme pilot and of course the "flippin" anakin :eek:

Hopefully something gives soon!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-13-2003, 08:00 PM
I wish I could find a Dexter w/ Pipe text...

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-13-2003, 10:33 PM
The newest thing we've got were Clone pilot and pilot Jango... Still haven't got yoda or destroyer droid yet.... I'll take anything at this point been 4 months without seeing a new figure!

Old Fossil
03-13-2003, 11:42 PM
My WM still has pegs full of KE Jango, OPD Anakin, Plo Koon, and young Boba Fett. Nothing new since December... three months.

bobafrett
03-14-2003, 12:34 AM
I went into the closest Wal-Mart (the one I was talking about above) last night after getting off of work, and they had around 4 boxes of figures. Three of them were the wave with Aalya Secura, Padme droid factory chase, Barriss Offee etc. So I bought the ones I hadn't got at the Target 2 weeks ago. I went back this morning, and they still had the boxes sitting on the pallet, and the pegs with the same 5 Jango pilots. Just after I got there, the employee came and dragged the pallet back. I returned tonight, still nothing on the pegs.

jjreason
03-15-2003, 06:51 PM
Makes perfect retail sense: "Damn it Glenn, these figures are making too much money for the store. Get them back where the customers can't get at them RIGHT NOW!!!!!" :confused:

Jedi Drew
03-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Maybe they went out the back door to the scalpers or the employees bought them???:eek: :eek: HH-NOTHING new on the hunt in Cleveland.

bobafrett
03-16-2003, 03:14 AM
I believe they just didn't have anyone work the Toy department that night. When I worked overnights at Wal-Mart, they would stock the consumable sections first, like foods, chemicals, paper goods, HBA, and pets. Toys, hardware, automotive, etc, always got done last, if we didn't have enough people to stock those departments.

I did go back a day or so later, and the figures were up, minus the ones that came one to a case. I stopped over again tonight, and they were almost gone. Hey, at least they are moving, instead of warming the pegs.

mm74md
03-16-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by bobafrett
I went into the closest Wal-Mart....I went back this morning, and they still had the boxes sitting on the pallet, and the pegs with the same 5 Jango pilots. Just after I got there, the employee came and dragged the pallet back. I returned tonight, still nothing on the pegs.

Sounds like most Wal-Marts around me.

How's this for an idea (and back me up if it sounds like a good plan)....

I dare you all (myself included) to head into your local Wal-Mart this week and put every peg warming crap figure on WM's NO FEE LAYAWAY so that they are FORCED to put out the new stuff.

This might sound nuts....but wait...remember that it's NO FEE & you can cancel a few days before the final payment is due & get back your down payment.

Well...anyone....care to join me in the fight against peg warmers at Wal-Mart??????

jjreason
03-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Interesting concept. Better than my plan of buying them all, some every paycheck hoping to clear they way for new stuff. Keep us posted.

Dar' Argol
03-20-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
I dare you all (myself included) to head into your local Wal-Mart this week and put every peg warming crap figure on WM's NO FEE LAYAWAY so that they are FORCED to put out the new stuff.

Ummmmm . . . . hate to point out something in your foil proof plan, but there is a fee. You need 10% down on a Layaway. So if the layaway total is $50 you need at least $5 to put it on. Annnnd, if they catch you putting stuff on and canceling too many time within a short period, they can stop you from making a future layaway.

Besides, just because you cleared the pegs does not mean that Hasbro will send the stuff any faster. Most stores do not have anything in the back b/c Hasbro has not sent anything in a while. We have been receieving some cases in, but they are comming in 1-2 cases at a time. So clearing the pegs will not make it come any faster.

Dr Zoltar
03-21-2003, 01:13 PM
I'm going to add TRU into the peg warming mix. I went to a TRU near Seattle and they had 6 full pegs of nothing but Jango Pilots. I guess you could use them to make a clone army of Bounty Hunter pilots...:)

JediDan
03-21-2003, 09:46 PM
My local Walmart had just put out some old old cases from the 1st series. Dooku's, Yoda's etc.... Wonder if they have been sitting in back all this time. Almost a year now.

plasticfetish
03-22-2003, 03:43 AM
I spotted a pretty good lot of new figures at on of my (5) local Wal-Marts, so I know that they're out there.

I'd suspect that the boats full of toys may be coming in a bit slower from China than usual (with world events being what they are.) My guess is that there will be a few random sightings of new stuff and then come summer vacation (in a few months) we'll see the bulk of it. I would also suspect that Hasbro has spent some time observing and deciding just how enthusiastic everyone is about what's coming next.

I know that the few cases of new figures I found vanished very quickly ... so hopefully we'll see more soon.