PDA

View Full Version : Micro "Gashapon" Japan excl. by TOMY : serie 2 !!!

sicqnus
03-09-2003, 06:06 AM
Great news from Japan my friends !

The amazing "Gashapon & toy pack-in" from TOMY Japan are back for a new serie of micro figures and vehicles from the StarWars Saga. There will be five new sets (3 vehicles and two figures sets I think). Release date is april. You can pre-order a set of 10 boxes (randomly packaged) for approx $26 at : http://www.hlj.com/cgi-perl/hljlist.cgi?Series=Star+Wars&Category=SciOth&Dis=2

I sent an e-mail to J-LIST Japan and they will have a few sets of 5 for approx $25 (double the price but all the boxes will be individually checked to be sure you will receive a complete set of the five different dioramas).

:p

Also, for Good Shot Jansen, I didn't received my Konami sets yet but if I have the red ship, I will send it to you with pleasure. I'm only interested by the Eagle and the Hawk.:happy:

britcit3
03-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Bonjour Sicqnus

You can order the Hawk and Eagle individually from these chaps in the UK......

http://www.cometminiatures.com/

(I have ordered the Hawk).

Cheers

BC3

sicqnus
03-10-2003, 02:09 PM
News from J-list :

J-List Japan just received the great "Gerry Anderson's Premium Pack" for only $15 a complete set !!!
This awesome limited collector pack includes the Rescue Eagle (with red stripes), the UFO intruder detector and the Fireball XL5.
Normally, the Eagle and XL5 are randomly packaged. Here you can get the full set (Ebay value is approx $25 for a set of two). J-List price is only $15 (great deal).

Limited edition Asia exclusive Intruder Detector S.I.D. (from UFO) and Rescue Eagle or Fireball XL5 from Fireball (randomly packaged) : only $15 a two-pack.
Konami Nostalgic SF vehicles collection :
Set of four : Hawk, Eagle, Mac, Stingray : $20
Set of six vehicles : $30

:happy:

good shot jansen
03-10-2003, 08:45 PM
thanx sicqnus,

if you do in fact get a supercar, i would be very pleased to send you my extra eagle and hawk (and of course the dayum fish) in exchange for the super car. (you will prolly get dupes of the space 1999 ships as well, but if you don't i don't mind exchanging them for the supercar)

let me know when your shipment arrives.

thanx for the heads up on the sw tomy sets, i just placed my pre-order for those.

cabour
03-11-2003, 04:06 AM
A precision abvout the konami set (not-premium) :
I get a supercar in one of the complete sets (10 boxes) I received : it comes in place of a stingray submarine. So each set always includes 2 hawks, 2 eagles and 2 mac cars.

As for the SW Tomy items. Does Peter Payne (J-list manager) have an idea of which ships will be issued ?

sicqnus
03-11-2003, 06:23 PM
Tomy Japan have not revealed yet wich characters or vehicles will be included in the sets. I've checked several Japanese websites and the TOMY official site but I've not been able to find anything interesting. I just saw the Episode 1 Micro Machines repacked by TOMY and sold as capsule toys (see pic). I saw these sets on Korean websites.
__________________________________________________ __

Hyper Godzilla Micro Gashapon monsters & vehicles are back at J-LIST ! $25 for a set of five.

SID
03-14-2003, 08:29 PM
Here you are SICQNUS.

SID
03-14-2003, 08:33 PM
And another!

sicqnus
03-15-2003, 01:27 AM
Great find S.I.D. !
The mini figures looks cool. I am a little disapointed... no vehicles as it was originally planned
:rolleyes:
Maybe it has something to do with the come back of the micro-line from Hasbro...
Big brother H said "no competition" ????
:confused:

SID
03-15-2003, 10:21 AM
Hey SICQNUS I 'm little disapointed also with the 2nd release but maybe Tomy will have more releases to come that will include ships and vehicles lets wait and see.;)

As far as the Konami Gerry Anderson Items WOW! they look great in my display case:D ,I've managed to get all of them the UFO set is my favorite;) .

SID
03-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Here's a picture of my Konami stuff on parade:crazed: .
Please forgive my digital camera is outdated so don't strain your eyes:D.

sicqnus
03-15-2003, 01:23 PM
:stupid: :D :stupid: :D
What a great display !!!
I would love to have a collection as complete as yours !
:dead: But I've ordered my sets in late as usual and I let pass the UFO set... Same thing for the Thunderbirds... But Space 1999 (or Cosmos 1999 in Europe), I was a fan whan I was a child, then : NO WAY !. I want them all.
They are nicely made.
They are cheap.
They are limited editions.

Arrrgh ! I've cancelled my order for the TOMY sets. I prefer to get another Aoshima limited Alien figure for the same price... Maybe later (I want vehicles).

Nostalgia... I'm actually looking for the Space 1999 13 DVD pack (soooo expensive here). I think I will find it for a good price. There is a special episode of UFO as a bonus on the DVD #13...

cabour
03-17-2003, 08:59 AM
I get the DVD pack as soon as it was issued (june last year if I remember correctly). The bonus pages about the licensed products and the Eagle description (secret bonus) are made by our magazine ;) .
TF1 Video (who made the pack) had not use the french images for the DVD, but the english ones and added the voices in french over it. This is only noticable the credit-title, as it is slightly different.

Alongside the UFO episode (which DVD pack have been issued in the meantime here), there is also the Message from Moonbase Alpha, realized in 1999, which put an end to the serie.
There are also a great bonus (which I think is coming from the english pack) with Martin Bower and the SFX team, at the time of the show.

Back to the Konami stuff. I have just finished my review of the eagle and hawk for the magazine (for the april issue). I also recently saw that an Alien set is coming this year (with vehicules, at least Nostromo and Narcissus shuttle), not sure it is from Konami, but exactly the same type of products. :)

sicqnus
03-18-2003, 11:58 AM
The bonus pages about the licensed products and the Eagle description (secret bonus) are made by our magazine . :eek:
Then I'm more impatient than ever to grab this collector pack !!!

I also recently saw that an Alien set is coming this year (with vehicules, at least Nostromo and Narcissus shuttle), not sure it is from Konami, but exactly the same type of products :stupid: Obviously, the micro toys from Japan are at the dawn of a mass collecting wave. I would love to see an Alien collection. I really love the Derelict ship... This is the most terrific and mysterious ship in the Sci-Fi world.
Cross your fingers !

Palisades could make a Resin statue of the "Derelict ship" in 2004. :zzz: It's worth the wait...:dead:

__________________________________________________ _
"There is a curious blue mist everywhere... "

cabour
03-21-2003, 04:04 AM
Originally posted by sicqnus
:stupid: Obviously, the micro toys from Japan are at the dawn of a mass collecting wave. I would love to see an Alien collection. I really love the Derelict ship... This is the most terrific and mysterious ship in the Sci-Fi world.

The Konami Alien is confirmed (no date through), it will include :
-Space jockey
-chest burster
-face hugger
-alien, movie 1
-alien, movie 2
-alien, movie 3
-Nostromo (landed, so gears down)
-Narcissus

So, no derelict ship.

Originally posted by sicqnus
Palisades could make a Resin statue of the "Derelict ship" in 2004. :zzz: It's worth the wait...:dead:

Monsters in motion have a resin kit of the derelict, in scale with the Halcyon Nostromo if I remember correctly.

sicqnus
03-21-2003, 07:42 AM
:eek:
Ayah !!! Excellent feeling to read these good news from you Cabour ! I'm already so impatient.
I've just received my premium sets and the paintjob is far better than I've expected !!! All the markings are absolutely neat with no dripping at all ! :D The little cockpits windows are made of clear plastic...
Look closer to the Eagle and you will see the Moonbase Alpha blue logo... the size is one milimetter by one millimetter (0,04 inch) .:eek:

I saw detailed pics of the garage kit sold by MIM and it's really a pity... The resin moulding is really badly done, it looks unfinished. The price is also very high :frus: As far as I remember, the kit is 30cm X 30cm in lenth. Then, not in scale with the Alcyon Nostromo (It should be three times larger). I'm still optimistic and I'm sure there will be a good "Derelict ship" collectible in the future.
I found a few recent pics of the studio model and it's a little sad. It was sold in the Eighties to a rich collector who decided to hang it to a ceiling. What was to arrive arrived, the model was taken down and fallen on the ground while breaking in two parts. :dead: James Cameron himself purchased the broken model in the late 80's to use it in "Aliens" (That's the reason why one of the nose of the ship is broken in this movie, look at the pic below). To my best knowledge, the model (in a poor condition now) is keeping stored in the James Cameron collection warehouse...
The model was made out of plaster with a resin skin, painted with paintbombs and several electric cables were stuck on surface.

Here is a pic of the model making in the 70's :

sicqnus
03-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Anyway I'm curious to see the Alien collection...

Then here is the Derelict ship as it is nowadays...
:cry: