PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Council & Geonosian War Room Screen Scenes Info

Beast
03-10-2003, 01:36 PM
GH was at the Pomona Toy Show, and managed to talk to Bob Lundgren of Hasbro Sales about a few items. Including the Screen Scenes. Apperantly they still will be exclusive to Wal-Mart, which is unfortunate. But Bob Lundgren did confirm that there will be 2 pieces to each set, just like was done with the Trash Compactor sets. :)

Despite our earlier report, the Saga Screen scenes are still Wal-Mart store exclusives. Although some were inadvertently offered through inside sales accounts, the Big W still has the exclusive rights.There will be new themes coming up later this summer based on the Jedi Council and Geonosian War Room (2 sets of each).
So now would be a good time to possible start discussing again what will be offered in those four sets. Since Hasbro said that each set would feature atleast two never done before figures, I assume that Hasbro is going to do the E1 Council and not the E2 Council. And the War Room has quite a few intresting aliens that could be done. So here's my guesses. :)

Left to do from the E1 Council is Depa Billaba, Yareal Poof, Oppo Rancisis, Even Piell, and Yaddle. According to seating arrangements, Set 1 could be Depa Billaba, Eeth Koth, Yareal Poof. And Set 2 could be Adi Gallia, Oppo Rancis, Evan Piell. Which of course leaves Yaddle getting the short end of the stick. But there is always a chance for 2 more sets to finish out the council. :)

As for the Geonosian War Room sets, there are quite a few that could be done still for that. Poggle the Lesser, Nute Gunray, Gilramos Libkath, Passel Argente, Denaria Kee, San Hill, Shu Mai, Po Nudo, Tikkes, Toonbuck Toora, and Rogra Wodrata (Who I think is the charecter who replaced Toonbuck in most scenes, since his species is listed as Holwuff). Passel is rumored for a 2004 figure release. Like Wat Tambor, a seperatly released figure that can be added to the sets. Since he is, I doubt they would include his aide, Denaria Kee in the sets.

So most likely in the two sets, I think we'll end up with another Dooku, Poggle the Lesser, Nute Gunray, San Hill, Shu Mai, and probably Gilramos Libkath. Though any of the others except for the two I mentioned, are always possible. Of course, Hasbro could easily single card Poggle and leave out Dooku. While the single carding of Poggle is possible, I think we're sure to get another Dooku in the sets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OCB
03-10-2003, 01:50 PM
I'm hoping for the following 4 new Jedi:

Yaddle
Yarael Poof
Oppo Rancisis
Even Piell

I'm guessing that they will stick in Mace and Yoda, only to try and sell the sets...I also see them closing out the other 2 sets by next year and focusing hopefully on the Episode I council since it was a little more prominent than the Episode II guys

I also think the should be perma sculpted into the sitting poisition on their chairs....

For the war room, I definitely want:

Poggle
Shu Mai
San Hill
The Quarren

The resculpts will probably be Nute and Dooku...

BTW, most official sources (the cast list and databank at the official site as well as the credits in the movie itself) now list the other Neimoidian on Geonisis as being Lott Dod, and not Glibrakoth or whatever (which was listed in the Visual Dictionary). I think the mix up is kind of like the Saar Labooda/Coleman Trebor early names.

http://starwars.com/episode-ii/imageattack/2003/02/imageattack20030228.html

JEDIpartner
03-10-2003, 01:58 PM
Well... resculpt of Nute gunray would be okay considering his outfit is different in Episode II. Granted, it's not as exciting as a new Luke, Han, Leia or Padme in a different outfit, but that's okay.

I think we are all pretty much in agreement that Poggle, Shu Mai, San Hill are MUSTS for this "War Room" set. Beyond that... they can pretty much do as they please.

The Jedi council can be whatever they feel like giving us. I am a little burnt out on Jedi Figures, but any new addtions would be welcome. :happy:

Beast
03-10-2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah, I know they are starting to say Lott everywhere. But I prefer the other name. Plus if they stick with calling him Lott Dod, then there is very little chance Hasbro would make another Lott Dod in the E2 outfit. There is on the other hand, a decent chance they would make Gilramos Libkath. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

El Chuxter
03-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Yeah, I know they are starting to say Lott everywhere. But I prefer the other name. Plus if they stick with calling him Lott Dod, then there is very little chance Hasbro would make another Lott Dod in the E2 outfit.

Not to mention that if it's Lott Dodd, he definitely hit puberty. Listen to him in TPM and then the character in AOTC. It's like comparing Charlton Heston with Barry White! :D

JEDIpartner
03-10-2003, 02:05 PM
"Darling I... can't enough of your love bayyyybay..." :p

Jargo
03-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Big, he must be methinks, hung like a -

Waitaminute! which room are we calling the war room here? the one where they plan things and agree to give their resources to the cause, or the cavern with the holo-projected battle? Both could technically be called the war room. I would imagine it would be the more visually stimulating holo battle room but size might dictate that it's the smaller chamber with the illuminated table and seats. So without knowing which room it actually is we can't really predict anything. Same with the council sets, which council and from which movie? I would say episode two but with nothing on the cards for episode one so far this year, the episode one council would make a better choice. But without knowing which one it's going to be there's little point in hypothesising.

One thing is certain, Toonbuck toora won't be there. She's a loyalist not a separatist.

Beast
03-10-2003, 02:28 PM
Well, Jargo. It would most likely have to be the E1 council. Since the Hasbro press release on their site said that each set would include "atleast two never before made figures". That pretty much has to mean E1, since we've had Shaak Ti for some time, and Coleman Trebor is on the way. That would only leave 3 total charecters, never before made. Depa Bellaba, Oppo Rancisis, and Evan Piell. :)

As for the War Room sets. It's almost guarenteed that it will be the one with the big holo table. Since Wat Tambor was designed as a seperatly carded figure that could be added in. And he comes with a holographic sepratist ship. And you're right about Toonbuck. I couldn't recall if all shots of her were removed and replaced with Rogra Wodrata the Holwuff. Thanks, Jargo. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
03-10-2003, 03:25 PM
The only thing on the cards for Episode I is the "Classic Darth Maul" reissue. Who knows... maybe they'll just get all anachronistic and mix up the council members in an E1 vs. E2 melee!

amidalak
03-10-2003, 08:05 PM
just as long as the jedi have articulated knees so they can sit down or stand and kick some tail, i'll be happy. i'm a jedi lovin' fan, so i don't really care which separatists, just don't screw up any more of my jedi!

Beast
03-10-2003, 08:27 PM
If they are articulated to be able to sit and stand, it would be nice. Hopefully they can do some decent cloth robes, because plastic wouldn't work for figures that could sit and stand. We've talked about using a rubbery material, but not sure how well that would actually work.

Oppo Rancisis wouldn't get knees, since he didn't have legs. But maybe they could give him a bendy tail. That would definatly be cool. Wonder if they'll go rooted hair (Yoda: Flashback), or sculpt all that hair on him. And if/when they do Yareal Poof, will they include his two hidden arms under his cloak? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jad
03-11-2003, 10:12 AM
I'm alot more excited about these screen scenes than I was for the Trash Compactor sets. I'm assuming that the War room will probably have many more Holo ship pieces to be put on the holo board, since the Techno Union figure thats being put out separate has one.

BTW has anyone checked out that picture to see if his accesory piece looks like it's designed to attach to that scene?

JEDIpartner
03-11-2003, 10:18 AM
I know I'm light years more excited about these versus the Trash Compactor sets, which I gleefully passed up.

droidekas2
03-12-2003, 09:24 AM
Please, please, please Hasbro give the Jedi Council members jointed knees so that they can stand up or sit down. Give the war room holo table lots of little extra holo ships and vehicles to move around.
Go the extra distance and make these things spectacular.

I am happy with whomever they make, since at least 2 in each set are never before made characters.

amidalak
03-12-2003, 09:39 AM
jjb, i didn't even think about cloth robes/skirts, but that would be great! less customizing that i'd have to do. i like the robe from the new mace windu, with the arms being plastic of the same color, if he just didn't have a big knob sticking out of his back. but something like that would be awesome!

stad
03-12-2003, 10:38 AM
Not to be a downer here, but given Hasbro's re-use of figures, has anyone considered that when they say at least 2 new figures per set, they mean the whole set, as in both halves? In other words, only 2 of the 4 figures would be new, not 4. Just throwing in this thought, as Hasbro has not been known to put in all new figures in their multi-sets. At least, not all new characters. Just saying, history does not show them putting in all new characters, although this would be great.

OC47150
03-12-2003, 12:50 PM
We're getting Even Piell, we're getting Even Piell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beast
03-12-2003, 01:28 PM
Cool!

Beast
03-12-2003, 01:29 PM
Awesome!!

InsaneJediGirl
03-12-2003, 01:50 PM
I can't believe they put Mace of all people in there with Even and Opo.Wheres Yareal Poof?!Or Yaddle:(

Still,Nice after all,the war room doesnt look all too bad,Dooku seems to be in a decent neutral pose as well.

Beast
03-12-2003, 01:55 PM
Yeah, but atleast it's not a crappy Mace. Like the last 3 Saga ones have been. There is still a second Jedi Council set, and plans for more. Sooner or later, you would be able to assemble the whole council. Hopefully the seats are removable so you can put them in the proper order around the ring. Oppo looks good, wish they would have coiled him back up, before they took the picture. :)

Poggle the Lesser looks cool as hell, nice to see they put a lot of work into him, even with him as a 3-pack figure. San Hill looks a bit odd, but he did in the movie also. And then there is Dooku, which looks to be the ultimate basic Dooku figure. The face should please a lot of people who weren't very pleased with the previous Dooku's. No extreme posing, and a nice cape. Love the lil holo Death Star. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

OC47150
03-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Dooku looks great. Nice neutral pose, can use him in several different dioramas. But his hand holding the Death Star hologram looks freakin' huge!! He could claw someone's throat out with that thing!!

AmanaMatt
03-12-2003, 01:59 PM
Personally, I am not a big fan of Geonsians, but that war scene is pretty darn sweet. Poggle the lesser was well done. I know that Tyrannus is a re-do, but man if he isn't well sculpted. I would argue that this is the first 'collector sculpt' for this figure. The pose is cool, the detail is excellent, as is that head sculpt.

I dig the Jedi scene, and forget the snake-dudes name, but he/it/she looks cool. Mace has an excellent head sculpt, but my only beef: is it me, or does Mace look like he had a knee transplant operation with a five year old? Those are some thin legs and knees.

Overall, these are cool and much better than the earlier cinema scenes, if only because these seem like action figures, and not really well sculpted statues, as was the case with the trash compactor Chewie, though that is one awsome looking statue.

mrmiller
03-12-2003, 02:15 PM
It also looks like we will get another Geo War Room Scene huh? Look at the half of the table about where the legs/base would start... There are is a peg and hole that look as if to connect to another half to create the entire "round table" scene. Wow- I must be dreamin. Both these sets look awesome.

=MATT=

mark2d2
03-13-2003, 05:06 AM
Egads! I want that War Room set just for the table alone . . . Very, very cool.

JEDIpartner
03-13-2003, 07:48 AM
I am well chuffed that Hasblah has done their math and really put out something they can be proud of!!

Hasblah... you're almost "Hasbro" again to me!

aceguide
03-13-2003, 08:01 AM
Very impressive on both sets.

Can't wait for the war room table.

187-Maul
03-13-2003, 08:19 AM
the Jedi Council looks very cool, although I hope that Oppo Rancisis' "tail" is still a prototype, but the Mace finally looks decent, I just hope they all still come with lightsabers
and it's very cool that Habsro will release the whole Jedi Council (although not this year) in screen scenes
the Geonosian Warroom looks cool, Dooku is really detailed as is Poggle The Lesser but the other guy (forgot his name) looks a bit strange (although I never really liked his character design anyways), but I wonder what other characters they are going to pack in the second Warroom set (can't really remember the scene, any help?)

bobafrett
03-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Yes, these screen scenes kick arse! Good job Hasbro!

droidekas2
03-13-2003, 10:05 AM
Who is left to be made for the second set for the war room?? If there will be 2 new characters who will be the other? Jango?

Master ToNone
03-13-2003, 10:59 AM
If Jango is in the War Room, it will have to be a headless Jango. He didn't make it that far.

The war room FAR exceeded my expecation. I didn't care about most of the figures that were there, but getting Poggle and Dooku with a holo Death Star is outstanding. And the Table...Hasbro actually outdoing themselves.

As for the Jedi Council, - new figures, more coming, the cool seats, and the floor design. Will make for the ultimate diorama for the untalented custom builders like myself.

Big Victory for all. :crazed: :crazed:

Beast
03-13-2003, 11:01 AM
Jango never appears in the War Room. So I doubt they would include him. The charecters left to do, that could appear in the second sets are as follows. :)

Nute Gunray, Passel Argente, Denaria Kee, Shu Mai, Po Nudo, Tikkes, and Rogra Wodrata. Nute's a shoe-in. Passel's rumored for 2004 carded release as an add-on to the War Room, like Wat Tambor. Denaria Kee is out, being as she's the aide to Passel. Shu Mai is most likely, as she has dialogue in the movie. The third figure is either Po Nudo, Tikkes, or Rogra. I could go for Rogra as he/she's big like Poggle. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
03-13-2003, 12:34 PM
Wow!! Cant wait for all of these. I am always very critical of Hasbro but as of right now they have impressed me.
I hope for the Aqualish, the Quarren, and the Holwuff!!!

TheDarthVader
03-13-2003, 12:34 PM
San Hill? I thought that was the guy in the picture you showed us, JarJarBinks...? San Hill is already part of the lst set.
I'm not sure if I like that Oppo. He looks too green. I hope the tail is in the works...I hope his hands turn out better too!

Beast
03-13-2003, 01:34 PM
Doh, whoops. I accidently copied his name down twice. Lemme edit that out, so it doesn't get confusing for folks. I'm attempting to put together a picture of all the remaining sepratists. But Rogra is a pain to locate. The one site that had a picture of him/her appears to be down permanently. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
03-13-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
And then there is Dooku, which looks to be the ultimate basic Dooku figure. The face should please a lot of people who weren't very pleased with the previous Dooku's. No extreme posing, and a nice cape. Love the lil holo Death Star.

Great! As a Christopher Lee fan in general, I get pretty giddy seeing his figures ... but this one (and with this scene) is just super. I've been holding back on most of the stuff from this movie, but ... it's SO nice to see these sets being as nice as they are.

Beast
03-13-2003, 02:31 PM
Ok, Nobitz over at GH attached some pictures from the Geonosis War Room. It appears that Rogra Wodrata, Denaria Kee, and Po Nudo are likely out of the possible catagory. Since while those charecters do appear in the Confrence Room, they are not shown in the War Room. Who knows where they are at that point, but unless Hasbro mixes the Confrence and War Room together, they are out. :)

So that narrows the possible figures for set #2 down to the following. Nute Gunray, Passel Argente, Shu Mai, Tikkes, and Gilramos Libkath (aka Lott Dod). Since as I said before, Passel is rumored for 2004 carded. And I doubt they would put 2 Neimodians in a screen scene together, so Gilramos is likely out. That leaves us with the three most likely cantidates. :)

Geonosis War Room Set #2 - Nute Gunray, Shu Mai, Tikkes. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
03-13-2003, 03:53 PM
I agree with JJB. By elimination, we KNOW that the next set will have Nute Gunray, Shu Mai, and Tikkes. I am 99% positive!!
Thanks JJB! :) -----Brian

Old Fossil
03-13-2003, 04:15 PM
I can't believe I might actually buy BOTH these sets. Outstanding! The Mace Windu & Count Dooku figures alone are worth buying the whole sets for.

I am not as impressed with the sculpt on Poggle as some of you, but then again, I am no fan of the Geonosians.:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-13-2003, 05:40 PM
The set could also feature a Geonosian since the sets contain two previously unmade figures and one resculpt :) So it could likely also be Geonosis war room set #2: Shu Mai, Geonosian worker drone, Tikkes.

Including a geonosian with a nice neutral pose instead of the arms up poses of the previous versions would be cool in my books. Putting Shu Mai and Tikkes in the set would mean you could buy more than one for customising with. Tikkes is the same costume as Tundra Dowmeia who is in palpatines ofice so you could use more than one of him, Shu Mai wears basically the same costume as her aide so a simple repaint of Shu would give you both of them and a Geo drone worker with neutral pose is useful for variation within the geo army. Nute I would rather buy on a single card, same with Gilramos and passel Argente. Although, actually using my brain for a second i think on reflection i'd rather have it the other way around, Gilramos, Nute and Passel in the screen scene and Shu Mai, Tikkes and Geo worker drone carded. Then card up a Po Nudo and that other guy Rogra and you got the set apart from the Geo hangar dude in white. Anyone managed to get a screen capture of that guy yet?

Beast
03-13-2003, 05:57 PM
I was figuring the figure that was made before, would likely be Nute Gunray. Even though the figure that was made, was an E1 version. I'm thinking they mean charecter wise, not movie wise. Frankly, if they turn out as good as the first half of the Geonosian Screen Scene, I don't care who they choose. I wish the table was slightly larger, but I'm not gonna fault the figures for that. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 06:13 PM
These sets are oh so awesome. I was drooling all yesterday looking at the pics.
The Jedi Counsel is what we were all hoping for, the Mace looks good, as well as the other two, yikes we might actually have a full Jedi Councel, too cool!

The Geonosian war room exceded my expectations , the holo table is just pure AWESOME!. I can't wait to see the other half.

Amy
03-13-2003, 06:45 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, joygazim!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: These look WONDERFUL, and do I understand there will be TWO sets each??? I sure hope so, to make up the table:)

Beast
03-13-2003, 07:02 PM
2 sets of the War Room. 2 sets confirmed so far for the Jedi Council. But if they sell well, Hasbro said they have plans to continue doing Jedi sets to complete the whole council. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Here's a couple really good loose shots of both the Jedi Council Screen Scene and the War Room Screen Scene from StarWars.com. Note the fact that the chairs are in different spots then they were at the event. I guessed correct, that you would later be able to place the chairs in their correct order as they come out. Mace looks better in this shot as well. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-13-2003, 08:28 PM
ooo looks like the jedi council sets atach together!

The war room is making me exremely exieted about collecting again.

(sorry bout the bad spelling)

Beast
03-13-2003, 08:31 PM
Here's the Geonosian War Room set. Poggle's looking even better, now that we can see him out of the box. Same can be said for San Hill and Dooku. His hand doesn't look quite so oversized from above, thankfully. I think it was partially the effect of the plastic box that the figures were in at the event that made them look a bit strange. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
03-14-2003, 09:14 AM
These sets are going to be great. Great deductional reasoning on the 2nd war room set JJB! Frankly, I dont reall care who they make since they are all "freaky" aliens, which is what I like!!
BTW,
Have you seen the Insider #66, page 16? There is a detailed break down of who is in the Geonosian War Chamber. They list Passel Argente (#11) as Senator Tikkes' aide. Curious.

jjreason
03-14-2003, 10:43 AM
Very pleasing. As always, I hope they're nice as the pics when I get them into me greedy mits!

JJR

Prince Xizor
03-14-2003, 12:43 PM
Oh my god... That Mace Windu has articluated knees and ball jointed shoulders. Oh my god. A decent face sculpt. Oh my god. They actually made a good Mace Windu. I am in shock.

And not only that, the Poggle toy is damn amazing. And so is Dooku. And that mini-Death Star. Wow. I need to start saving now. Seriously. Between all the Clone Wars stuff, the tons of vehicles, the new Saga single cards, and now these sets, I am going to need mucho dinero. My tax return can not come fast enough.

Glitch
03-14-2003, 01:39 PM
During the presentation at the Collectors Event, Hasbro did state that they were going to make more Jedi Council sets, and that they could all be assembled to make the entire Jedi Council. I hope they are also going to make the center of the circle with an E2 Obi and Anakin or E1 Obi, Qui-Gon and young Anakin.

If they do it right, there will be six sets of two chairs each. They are making the chairs in proper order, but the figures are not in the correct seats. In this case, Oppo Rancisis is sitting in Plo Koon's seat. Since they did not want to have two previously released figures in the same set, Rancisis took his spot.

It looks like they are also trying to make it possible to recreate both the Episode 1 and Episode 2 Councils with the inclusion of Even Piell. Once all sets are collected, and assembled, all the figures can be placed in their correct seats.

Hasbro actually did a GREAT job on these!

P.S. The Hasbro photo of the Council set JJB posted is reversed.

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Glitch
In this case, Oppo Rancisis is sitting in Plo Koon's seat. Since they did not want to have two previously released figures in the same set, Rancisis took his spot.
It looks like they are also trying to make it possible to recreate both the Episode 1 and Episode 2 Councils with the inclusion of Even Piell. Once all sets are collected, and assembled, all the figures can be placed in their correct seats
So what you're saying is we will get all of the characters but the chairs may not necessarily fit the character that is sitting in it as it comes in the box? That's interesting.

Beast
03-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Well, the center of the circle is possible. Notice the lip at the front of the set. That could easily be a tab that will connect to a future center section. Good point about Plo Koon's chair, as it is the same style as Oppo's. It looks like there are 3 basic chair styles in the council. Mace's, Oppo's, Yoda's. :)

And the photo hasn't been reversed, the chairs have been moved to the other side. Note the fact that the chairs are positioned differently. And the fact that the peg is still on the same side. I was posting that to point out, the chairs are moveable. And not attached to the base, as was originally thought. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-14-2003, 02:42 PM
Ok, here's the chair style breakdown. I can't locate a decent pic of Shaak Ti seated, but it appears she sits in the type 2 chair. I will update after I locate my E2 DVD. Ok, I was incorrect. She's actually sitting in the same type of chair as Yoda, Yaddle, and Even Piell. :)

Council Chair Style #1 - Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Adi Gallia, Eeth Koth, Yareal Poof, Coleman Trebor

Council Chair Style #2 - Plo Koon, Seasee Tiin, Oppo Rancisis, Depa Billaba

Council Chair Style #3 - Yoda, Yaddle, Even Piell, Shaak Ti

TPM - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Seasee Tiin, Yaddle, Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Gallia, Yareal Poof, Eeth Koth, and Depa Billaba.

AOTC's - Plo Koon, Mace Windu, Yoda, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Seasee Tiin, Shaak Ti, Even Piell, Oppo Rancisis, Adi Gallia, Coleman Trebor, Eeth Koth, and Depa Billaba.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-14-2003, 04:08 PM
Shaak ti sits in the same chair that Yaddle did which makes it really odd because she just perches on the edge in a very Victorian way. I thought it looked really odd when i watched the movie in the theater but even more so once i could watch the movie at home. I think what they did with CGI is extend the back of the chair up a bit for a taller person but esentially it's still yaddles chair, same type as yoda's.

Beast
03-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the picture, Jargo. Sometimes finding the simplest image on the net is a pain in the arse. Yeah, it does look like the stretched the back of the chair a bit. They should have just removed the whole chair, and filmed her in a new chair like they did for Mace Windu. Oh well there is four chairs then, from a certain point of view.

I really wonder who's on tap for the second set. I'm hoping for Yareal Poof, Eeth Koth, and Depa Billaba. But since they put a short charecter in the first set, I bet it's going to do the same for the next set. Probably Yareal Poof, Yoda, and Depa Billaba. Yoda's probably a shoe-in, being a main charecter and popular. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-14-2003, 04:30 PM
All's i can say is that yaddle better be in the next council set and they better not screw up the sculpt. The sainted one is long overdue and deserves some serious TLC on the sculpt. Yoda has been done so well so far with saga but they need to keep it up for yaddle and give her a really nice smooth skinned finish. Some of the sculpts on the new stuff looks too ruff and ready for my tastes, sort of unfinished. I don't much care for that and prefer smoother finishes on the figures. But yaddle needs to have independent legs and ball jointed shoulders, something to make up for the fact that she's such a tiny character. And none of this solid legs nonsense, They should pose her sitting with the fabric draped across her legs and give her a soft goods robe, Then when she's standing the legs look great from the front and the fact that the fabric isn't full all round will be hidden by the robe. But Yoda with chian has those solid legs and they look as stupid as the episode one yoda sitting down. Yaddle deseves something better than that. Yaddle never made a bad decision or lied to anyone like Yoda. Yoda is a bad Jedi. Yaddle didn't deserve to be killed off so arbitrarily. I think George owes it to yaddle fans everywhere to put the spirit of Yaddle in EPIII. Poor wee green froggy thing. :(

Beast
03-14-2003, 04:41 PM
Good point Jargo, I'm hoping for Yaddle as well. Yoda can come in a future set. I'll go with Eeth Koth then, as the re-sculpt. Since the previous version is good for action scenes. But we don't have a basic relaxed pose. Then Yaddle, since she's cool and deserved a better fate then being killed in the EU. And then Yareal Poof, just cause he's big and intresting. Also because he deserved a better fate then being killed in the EU. So basically it will work out looking, sort of like the first set. ;) :)

MTFBWTY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-15-2003, 09:34 AM
Yes, Yareal and Yaddle should be in the second set definately. I'd put Saesee Tiin in with them though. Eeth doesn't really do much for me but Saesse looks mean so he'll stop the set looking too goofy. Eeth looks a bit soft with his long hair and facial tats'. Put Eeth in a set with Depa Bilaba and Plo. Yoda with Ki-Adi mundi and Coleman trebor, Adi gallia with Shaak Ti and because there's no-one else left throw Madame Jocasta Nu in because she's a fighting hellcat with a saber and madness in her eyes, which makes her cool. Am I missing anyone?

That would then leave just the Jedi knights to do - Pablo jill and all o' them disco diva arena jedi. ;) Bultar Swan and Sarr Labooda, Roth-Del Masona , Agen Kolar, Stass Allie, Sora Bulq, Tarados Gon, Joclad Danva, all o' that crowd.

I'd still like to see some more alien Jedi like Bith and Tib, Wookiee and Quarren etc. I know we never see those in the movie but the best sort of EU is logical EU. We know these species will be represented in the Jedi temple somewhere because all sentient species are. Rather than have figures of silly EU stuff like Durge or the ARC trooper it would make more sense to do stuff like alien Jedi in the same way as the three pack coming out. That is logical extension at work.

I hope that to compliment the sitting figures of the council we also get figures of Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin that can sit. That way you could promote whatever jedi you wanted to the council. And if future Jedi three packs were made they too could have sitting abilities hopefully. Literal recreation of the movie scenes is dull but being able to get creative and use your imagination isn't, having any jedi fit the council seats would be the best way to go IMO.

Jek Porky 2002
03-15-2003, 03:59 PM
Why hasn't anybody mentioned the fact that Even Piell doesn't have a chair yet?

Is this going to be it, or do they plan to add one at a later date?

If they don't I will be extremly dissapointed!

Jargo
03-15-2003, 04:12 PM
Even Piell might yet get a chair, he sits on one similar to Yoda's so they might just have to make one specially adapted to take that fat butt of his. I doubt the Even piell figure would fit in Yoda Jdi councils chair but that could be one reason for the re-release of that perticular figure last year so that people would actually have the extra chair in readyness without actually knowing it.
I bought an extra Yoda with council chair back when EP1 figures were still hot so I have a chair for Even Piell.

Amy
03-15-2003, 04:15 PM
I think Piell will get a chair before it hits shelfs, because otherwise it would be dumb mistake in my book.:mad:

Jek Porky 2002
03-15-2003, 04:20 PM
Maybe he will, but if hasbro where too lazy to give Barriss Offee a blue lightsaber blade, then what are the chances of them adding, dare I say it, an **entire** chair?

droidekas2
03-15-2003, 04:39 PM
Why would they screw up something so awesome by omitting something so obvious as Even's chair?? I hope they dont.

Beast
03-15-2003, 04:45 PM
Well, the rumored plan is for a total of six sets done over time, probably 2 per year, from what I hear. That way, with 2 chairs in each set you would have the full 12 seats of the Jedi Council. We could even get another set, if Episode 3 introduces any new council members. So if he doesn't get a chair now, future expansion sets will allow him one. That's why the seats don't seem to be attached to the base. Also because, if we want an accurate council room, we'll need a section of the ring with no seats. Where the elevator is. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Pity the bases won't be to scale or include a proper backdrop of the windows and pillars. In this scale the seats won't all fit in and allow for an elevator. the backdrop of this set has the pilars and bases at a third of their actual size [see attached movie still above] but the detail is all there mostly so I have no complaints on that score.

evenflow
03-18-2003, 02:22 PM
I love the new pics. I hope they continue with stuff like this, unlike the other recent stuff that has been shown. I hope they continue the scenes. I need Yareal Poof and Yaddle.

Dr Zoltar
04-25-2003, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know if these are still slated to be Wal-Mart exclusives? I'm debating whether I should pre-order them on-line since I know that the Trash Compactor scene and Christmas R2 and 3PO where difficult to find.

Beast
04-25-2003, 05:58 PM
No, they will be regularly released items. The Trash Compactor Sets were Exclusives just to test the market, and they also didn't follow the 2 never before made, 1 resculpt rule of the newer sets. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RussUAE
04-27-2003, 05:41 AM
I really can't wait for these sets. And the lack of a chair for Even Piell is fine by me, because we'll need 6 of these bases to make a full scene, so having 3 chairs in one set would just send the whole thing into a mess.

I do hope we get another Nute Gunray in the next Geonosian War Council set too.

Teeska Mon Eebon
04-27-2003, 10:59 AM
Even Peil isn't going to lack a chair, It looks like they're going to release the episode 1 and 2 sets together and only have 1 full jedi council. see two sets E1 and E2 and one jedi council area playset thingy

Dr Zoltar
04-28-2003, 03:40 PM
Thanks JarJar for putting my mind at ease. I was getting worried that these would be sets that would last on a shelf at Wal-Mart for half a day and then never to be seen again. They look really nice and I can't wait to see them in person.