PDA

View Full Version : Death Star Trooper I poped out.

Glitch
03-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Since he was one of the "original 12" figures back in 1978, this guy has always held a special place in my heart. I hated the lame running pose of the carded figure, so I made some modifications.

:)

Glitch
03-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Full frontal...

Red Dragon
03-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Thats pretty cool, it sure beats the running man pose!!

JediTricks
03-10-2003, 07:38 PM
That's very nice work, makes the real one look like a pile of puke. ;)

JEDIpartner
03-11-2003, 12:39 PM
"popped" not "Poped"? I was looking forward to seeing a Death Star Trooper in a John Paul outfit... Hmmmm... :crazed:

Rogue II
03-11-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm going to have to try this. Did you do anything bsides a head swap?

Glitch
03-12-2003, 02:09 AM
Actually, it was not poped or popped, but was supposed to be pooped. I know, juvenile humor. :)

Anyway, it is the head and torso of the standard DS Trooper, and the pelvis, arms and legs of the Imperial Officer. Top it off with a blaster from the Death Star Han.
Yep, it only took three figures to get what I wanted.

Best o' luck.

LTBasker
03-12-2003, 03:07 AM
Nice job, this would be very easy to get the pieces for considering the DS Accessory set is sitting at Target, and the head variants of the Imperial Officer are out right now.

What about the rest of his tunic skirt though that was on his legs, or did you just leave that alone?

187-Maul
03-13-2003, 10:19 AM
looks pretty cool, much better then the original
good work:)

coy5
03-17-2003, 02:28 AM
"Actually, it was not poped or popped, but was supposed to be pooped. I know, juvenile humor.

Anyway, it is the head and torso of the standard DS Trooper, and the pelvis, arms and legs of the Imperial Officer. Top it off with a blaster from the Death Star Han.
Yep, it only took three figures to get what I wanted."

Hey Glitch, just wondering how you went about splitting the torso of the ds trooper to put on the imperial officer pelvis.
Thanks

Deoxyribonucleic
03-18-2003, 02:18 PM
*rubs hands together..."EXCELLENT!" :D

that looks great!

Amy
03-21-2003, 06:35 PM
WOW, that turned out wonderful!!!!! I tried doing a head swap by putting the in boiling water, but the plastic peg broke while I was pulling on the head.:o

spacelord
03-26-2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
Won't the paint peel off if you place these figures in boiling hot water? That trooper looks really good that way tho. I am jealous. I want to try it, but I'm afraid the boiling water will peel the paint right off.

The hot water will not peel the paint. I saw the color of the soft 'cape' plastic fade a little once, but I left it in way too long. The water does not have to be actually boiling, just hot. In boiling water, the plastice gets very weak and it is easy to tear the posts off.