PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or do other people have the UK figures?

Rabbit4x
03-11-2003, 12:41 AM
I was just at my local Walmart and it seems that some of the figures are of the UK.

Doesn anyone have a figure that they got from their local WM or any other toy store that are from the UK?

The ones I saw that are of the UK were they Yoda Jedi Council, The librabry Droids, the Padme (Factory Chase), the Turken Radier, etc - Any 2003's taht are stocked.

icatch9
03-11-2003, 09:57 AM
How can you tell the difference?

OzOtter
03-11-2003, 05:16 PM
They have a big black sticker on the back?

sith_killer_99
03-11-2003, 05:59 PM
No you can tell by the barcode printing on the bottom.

I first noticed this with the Yoda (second SAGA release). It seems to be common with these newer figures.

:confused:

Rabbit4x
03-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Is it supposed to be like thgat or are we supposed to be getting the NON Uk ones? Anyone else have these figures taht have the UK UPC?

Darth Jax
03-11-2003, 10:16 PM
every figure i've gotten since dec. has the UK bar code. Ok so that's only 4 new figures i've been able to find (yoda, tyrannus, obi-wan , and tusken). next time i'm out will pay a little more attention to some of those pegwarmers.

Rabbit4x
03-11-2003, 11:39 PM
The thing is, My Yoda Jedi Conucil is UK, but the Imperial Officer and the Rebel Trooper aren't. All of the new 2003 (for me) have been UK? ANy other people out there with UK figures and have a reason why it is?

Jargo
03-12-2003, 07:13 AM
Well now I know why we don't have them in the UK yet, you guys stole all ours!!! Damn you all to hell... :cry: Not one new figure mutter mutter, stupid distribution quotas grumble grumble, damn hasbro idiots gripe mutter gripe........... *trails off in despair*

Rabbit4x
03-13-2003, 10:37 PM
That's great, Say are you getting our figures??? Send them here Hasbro!!!!

Yu_
03-14-2003, 04:05 PM
Support for the figs in the UK has all but died, TRU have pulled the plug and are still telling me they expect no new stock soon, mean while the UK Hasbro site says TRU had stock of the Imp Shuttle (something I no for a fact is not true). The shops are not stocking the stuff so the items intended for the UK are going to the US and we (we being people stuck in the UK) will be getting a lot less of it than we wanted.

The fact that the UK marketing director for the S/W line quit isn't a sign of good things to come...

I say to those in the US please enjoy them; we will not get the chance. At least they will have a nice home..

(Do I sound bitter.....guess it's because Hasbro couldn't organize a **** up in a brewery and they price fix there stock.)

Jargo
03-14-2003, 04:16 PM
What tickles me is how hasbro UK sell stuff on their own webstore and they don't even know what it is they're selling. The descriptions of the goods are hysterical. I mean something as simple as knowing which episode a character is from eludes them entirely and then having a description for the super battle droid read " basic asst. Collection 1b." really helps shoppers doesn't it. So yeah you Americans enjoy it all. Especially the cheap prices.
I'll track what I want down eventually but at a very high price no doubt. And to anyone from the states thinking about coming over on vacation, don't even bother to think about shopping for euro variants, if we can't find them for ourselves then there's no hope for you. And besides, it would be rude to steal from the mouths of the starving.

Kidhuman
03-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Well I just looked at my Yoda and gosh, golly gee, I think I have Jargo's. UK all the way, now when Jargo gets an American Tusken Ambush we can trade.

Rabbit4x
03-16-2003, 12:34 AM
SOme of the people i emailed on ebay who are selling some of these figruews say they are American. Is it just in california or what???

Kidhuman
03-16-2003, 11:11 AM
No I live in Virginia and have a UK figure from Wal-Mart. It might just be Wal-Mart.

Turbowars
03-16-2003, 12:56 PM
I noticed this the day I found them. The bottom of the bubble has that silly little Lion, the big C and funny E thats looks like a C. All of my Padme wave is like that. Here's a photo of what I'm talking about. If the US is getting the UK figures and I'm having a hard time finding them, then the UK is scr_wed!

Kidhuman
03-16-2003, 06:16 PM
Yeah that is whats on mine. I took the last Yoda and haven't seen another new figure since. Sorry U.K. collectors.

Jargo
03-16-2003, 08:37 PM
I'm expecting the first couple of figures and the two speeders in the mail o tuesday. I'll let you knowe if i have the US cardbacks or euro. I don't know the distributor my supplier uses so I don't know until they arrive whether or not they'll be actual 'import' imports. I mean technically all figures are imported but sometimes they arrive courtesy of the grey market or black market. Hasbro isn't kind to smaller retailers. Anyway, just thought i'd pop in and say that i managed to get hold of stuff and only at slightly inflated prices. It appears that hasbro themselves have a few figures on their webstore site, Padme, research droids, Obi-Wan and Dooku, Tusken raider. Strangely none of the re-issues but they have those listed under their POTJ descriptions and i'm sure if you ordered them they'd be the saga versions instead when they arrived. Imp officer, RFT, Eeth Koth and Teebo. It's a crap site, the items are listed alphabeticaly but they reached Z first time round and rather than insert at appropriate places they simply started at A again after Z so it goes A-Z then A-Z. A right royal pain to browse. And the spelling is atrocious on their site. Geonissian, stuff like that. I mean I don't expect them to be perfect but considering they are part of the company that makes the stuff you'd expect the listings to at least be spelled correctly. And that they'd proof read the descriptions before uploading. I swear to Juno that hasbro is run by amateurs. Amateurs and rubber necked village idiots. Oh for access to military hardware. I'd put a rocket up their backsides all right. :evil: :Pirate: :evil: Arrr

odb
03-17-2003, 02:06 PM
The plot deepens,

Several of my Jangos appear to be from Hong Kong. I mean they have stickers all over with what appears to be Chinese/Catonese I can't tell the difference. These were from The Entertainer as well, a fairly major UK retailer not some guy who imports them by himself.

So far I amassed European, British, American and Hong Kong figures. It appears my collection is turning into the United Nations:D

Jargo
03-17-2003, 03:20 PM
For all the good that'll do you...... :rolleyes:

LTBasker
03-17-2003, 03:45 PM
Very funky, out of my two Destroyer Droids (I got each from different stores) they're both America inserts, and the same goes for my Eeth Koth. However the two Yodas (got both at one Wal-Mart) I got have the UK inserts, and Oklahoma's far enough away from the UK. ;) I wonder if Hasbro's not sending as much as they need to from their regular warehouses, so they're using other warehouse shipments for'em.

odb
03-20-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
For all the good that'll do you...... :rolleyes:

I have noticed that the European cards are hiding at the back of the cabinet while the UK and American cards are at the front looking leary;)

LTBasker
03-21-2003, 09:26 PM
Ok, this is REALLY weird. Tonight I got Anakin, Obi, Boba, Imp. Officer 2, Rebel Trooper 2, Teebo, Padme, Jedi Research Droids, Tusken Raider, and R2. All of the C1 figures are UK inserts, but the C2 inserts are US.

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Who cares? Dude how long have you been collecting? C1 is collection #1 and has gimmicks and C2 is collection #2 and does not have gimmicks. It's written on the inside of the insert and the insert is the paper that is inside the bubble. As for caring, us carded collectors like US cards. Some think the value is less for a UK card, but I don't collect for the value. I collect because I love the stuff.

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 03:30 PM
So you really know first hand how bad the Saga figures are. :D Oh and I don't just collect the packages, there's plastic there to buddy.;) See I don't feel the need to open most of my figures, I do open some mind you. There's 3 huge reasons why most stay in the package. #1 they look a hell of a lot better and #2 I don't play with them as if I was 10 again and #3 most really arn't mad well, all gimmicky. That's how I feel anyway. I'm happy you like them open and there's tons of collectors that do just that. I collect card variations and errors most from POTF2 as do many others. I have stood clear of the Saga errors, it's getting to be to much. Now if I could just find some new stuff.

LTBasker
03-22-2003, 03:49 PM
I try to get two of each, one to keep in package and one to keep loose. Why I care so much about these UK inserts is because I like consistency with my carded figures. I collect packaged ones so I can remember how they look when they were untouched, and if anything happened to my loose ones then I'll still have one of them to see in the package. :)

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by JediBrian

you gotta admit it's fun to play with Opee in the swimming pool when no one is around. LOL, I wouldn't tell to many people about that bro. Not something to tell a girl you just met, tell her on the 2nd date, LOL ;)

Jargo
03-23-2003, 06:02 AM
Aren't UK cards classed as a variant then? Strange as it sounds a lot of the carded stuff we get over here is US and the Euro cards are the rarity in a lot of cases which makes the Euro cards the more valuable. Sort of in the same way the Mexican carded stuff is to you US guys. I dunno, I can sort of get my head around the keeping stuff carded but all this varinat and error hunting still mystifies me. I mean a true variant with an accessory change or a completely different head or a total paint change or something. but every tiny print error and production oddity is just nuts. I kind of find that a little disturbing when people are actively looking for the duff items, seeking imperfection.

I remember back in the early eighties when palitoy made stuff for the UK market still, I was at school with a kid who lived near the factory and he told me that they threw the errors into a big dumpster out the back. I used to dream of raiding the dumpster for a falcon because i hadn't the means to buy one. I didn't care then if it had erors or not as long as i had a falcon. Sadly that never happened, but i always had a mental image of a big dumpster packed with discarded goodies just ripe for the plucking.
But grown men and women with money to burn that revel in errors and misfires is a little strange. Focusing in on abnormality, it's just - odd.