PDA

View Full Version : Toy Fair Vader going for $2,500

JediDan
03-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Yes it be true. Someone has a Toy Fair Vader selling on Ebay starting at $2,500 or you can buy it now for $3,500. Yesterday he started the item at $3,000 or you could buy it now for $5,000. I could be mistaken but I thought that when you read price guides aren't they priced meaning they are mint on card??? And last I had heard the going price was around $200. Man I hope no one falls for this one. Here's the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3120646029&category=751.

Beast
03-11-2003, 04:35 AM
Well. He started it at $2,500. So it's not going for anything yet, and probably won't. He's placed such a insane value on it, because it's been graded as 100% Mint by AFA. They are a new company that came out recently, that grade figures for a small fee. Biggest rip-off ever in the toy collecting field. Sure it's a "rare" figure, sure it's "mint" according to them. It's still only worth around $200 tops, in my honest opinion. Frankly even that is pushing it, when it comes to value. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
03-11-2003, 05:40 AM
I once almost spent that much money on a Nova SS late 60's model a year ago. I'd be damned if I would ever...ever spend that much money on a little toy. Plus, there's the fact I already got one. Yeah, if I had doubts on spending that much for a car I really loved, I don't think I'd spend it on a toy that's not too great.

icatch9
03-11-2003, 10:55 AM
I have to disagree with you a bit Jar Jar. Of course this price is insain and won't sell, but it may be the only specimen that is truely mint. These were so rare and that's why a normal one is $200.00. You also have to take into consideration the number of these that were damaged when shipped by the club. Not to mention the number of these that would have been damaged by those who got them at Toyfair and just put them in a suitcase or something beacaue they don't collect or care about Star Wars.

Again, this may in fact be the only true mint figure out there. I know mine isn't dead mint so there's another.

Gradeing is a joke and more or less just luck of the draw. There is nothing you can do to make yours more mint, so it's mear luck. Still, some people put high prices on such things. This isn't for people like you or me. It's for whales who have nothing else to spend thier money on. Imagin if Tiger Woods collected Star Wars figs. Do you think he' have a problem dropping three grand on a figure this rare and perfectly mint? I buy it if I had his money.

It's just the difference between driving a Ford and a Ferrarie.

2-1B
03-11-2003, 12:55 PM
I'd sell mine for 2500 ! ! !

:)

LTBasker
03-11-2003, 02:15 PM
No way you can trust those labels, I mean the labels could be easily faked. Theres nothing special about them except the ID number, but the only way to verify that is to contact AFA, but how many people go out of their way to do that?

JediBoulton
03-11-2003, 02:40 PM
I was lucky and received two Toy Fair Vaders -- both were from the Fan Club. One was in GREAT condition -- the saber was straight, no paint flakes, no bent card, no scratches on the cover -- nothing! The second one was almost as nice except that the saber was a little crocked and there was a slight " ( " to the card -- but I traded that one for a Sacul figure -- even swap! Currently, My Toy Fair Vader has David Prowse's signature on it -- and maybe one day (fingers crossed) it will have James Earl Jones's signature on it. THEN, I might try to get some amount of $$ for it -- but NOT NO $2500.00 -- thats CRAZY. With both signatures, C9.555 condition in a vaccum enclosed crystal case -- I might sell it for about $500 -- that would be TOPS!

Right now -- it looks really goon on my desk, thats where it is staying :)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

and I'D buy IT!!! :crazed:

RaptorMCSE
03-11-2003, 04:14 PM
Well I have a AFA 90 Toy Fair Vader I will sell for less than half that price.

stillakid
03-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Caesar

Oh yeah....well then I'll sell mine for 3000!

er...um:sur:

BoShek
03-11-2003, 09:22 PM
:crazed:

This is why Star Wars collectors can get a little wacky.

Chiesa
03-12-2003, 12:39 PM
I guess that there isn't anyone insane enough to buy it!! :D

SirSteve
03-12-2003, 11:50 PM
This "Toy Grader" stuff is C R A P.

Beast
03-13-2003, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
This "Toy Grader" stuff is C R A P.
I couldn't have said it any better then that. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
03-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Maybe Michael Jackson will buy it for one of his kids to open and play with.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-13-2003, 06:58 PM
$2500?! That's crazy!