PDA

View Full Version : Taun We improved and others...

INDIANA
03-11-2003, 08:47 PM
Here are some new ones and my improved Taun We.

INDIANA
03-11-2003, 08:55 PM
I think what Hasbro did with the height difference is pathetic on their part. The new Taun We uses Lama Su's skirt re-painted. The skirt is actually used to increase Lama Su's height. With his skirt off, he has a big gap in his mid-section, which makes him as tall as the old Taun We. Pretty easy and I think much worth it.

This one is a re-done Death Star Trooper. Basically Tarkin limbs and a new Rebel Fleet Trooper head. Polly S makes a midnight black paint which is thin, covers in one coat, and matches almost perfectly. The holster was cut away from the original Troopers leg and glued on.

INDIANA
03-11-2003, 09:01 PM
Sorry about the file names. I found someone to take digital pics for me and she named them as she saw them. My original idea for this topics was going to be "Average size is only 4 inches, mine is now 6...and here's how I did it!"

The last picture for now is ANOTHER picture of my Imperial Unclassified (per the Star Wars Technical Files). The fist picture wasn't very good AND I did 2 changes. I re-painted him a darker blue and I wasn't sure the helmet was black in the film after seeing it again compared to Vader and the gunners in the scene, SOOO I repainted the helmet a dark graphite.

187-Maul
03-13-2003, 10:04 AM
very cool customs, I really like the new Taun We, I didn't know that the original hasbro version was THAT out of scale

jpak001
03-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Man, that trooper is great! I think it looks much better than Hasbros version. Nice work!

Glitch
03-14-2003, 12:54 PM
Nice work! I especially like the Taun We. I think I will do the same. :)

Again, nice work.

mark2d2
03-14-2003, 05:49 PM
Your work is amazing! I love your Death Star Trooper! Especially the paint application. Top notch.

Have you ever done any Aqualish customs? Got any ideas for a good paint to match the hands to the green on the heads?

INDIANA
03-14-2003, 10:48 PM
I truely hate painting, and finding paint that matches the Hasbro color perfectly is impossible. I really lucked out with the black. The olive on the imperial officers is impossible too, but I was able to do it by mixing paints, A LITTLE AT A TIME, until the color looks good. The problem that I had with Taun We is she required multiple coats to her skirt. I mixed the paint as best I could (although I think it is still a shade darker) put on one aplication, used a hair dryer to quick dry it, and put on a second coat before my mixed paint got messy. Go to a hobby store or Wal-mart craft section. Find a color that will match as best you think. When you get it home add white or black, IN SMALL AMOUNTS, to a sample of your basic color to match it to a figure.

Your other approach is to remember that all people have different shades and colors, Aqualish will have different shades and colorings amongst themselves. Pick a color you like for the fur and use that straight. This will also go a long way to look like a completely different member of the same species.

Turbowars
03-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Very nice work!! Taun We looks 100% better. Hasbro screwed up the scale, probably because Lucas changed the Taun We scale after Hasbro made 2 millon figures, LOL