PDA

View Full Version : New Pics: Yoda and Chian & Ashla and Jempa 2-Packs

Beast
03-11-2003, 09:38 PM
American Dream comics posted images up from an Ebay auction of the upcoming Bear Clan 2-packs. Yoda looks pretty good, especially his little speeder. Glad to see the helmets come of the lil kiddie Jedi. Will make it easier for customizing these little guys into human Jedi Padawans. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-11-2003, 09:39 PM
Here's Yoda up and out of his chair. The 2-legged articulation is a lot more noticable in the side shots. The little scooter is pretty cool, glad that Hasbro finally decided to produce it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-11-2003, 09:41 PM
I still wish Hasbro wouldn't have used basically the same body for all of the Bear Clan kiddies. But they still look pretty good. The face sculpt on Jempa looks better then the prototype picture. Can't wait to get these guys. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-11-2003, 09:43 PM
And the final picture. Ashla and Jempa are without their helmets. Again, so glad that they made them removable. It would have sucked to have had the helmets glued on, like the Rebel Fleet Trooper. Can't think of much else to say, since I had to spread it out for four posts. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jpak001
03-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Nice! So far those are my most anticipated figures for the year :cool:

LTBasker
03-11-2003, 11:11 PM
They're pretty cool, but the paint looks shoddy. Maybe it's just the picture quality, I dunno. Yoda's cloak looks goofy being that far behind him, they should've made it to where it could be put back down.

Overall a good uplifter after those dissapointing Anakin and Durge pictures today.

bobafrett
03-12-2003, 12:11 AM
Now those are cool, no stupid action features (that I can see), and I like the removable helmets!

JediTricks
03-12-2003, 02:33 AM
Why is it that Hasbro gives these stupid little kid Jedi-wannabe figures 2-handed saber poses but can't seem to bother with the bulk of the REAL Jedi?!? Argh!

Except for Yoda's big eye expression, the one with the head-tails having a big white head, the funky paint problems, and the overflowing robe on Yoda, these look OK.

mark2d2
03-12-2003, 04:27 AM
Yoda looks cool. The kiddie Jedi don't do much for me . . . but I guess they're cool for those that think they rock or something . . . .

Jargo
03-12-2003, 08:08 AM
I think they rock, especially Jempa, That head sculpt is awesome. Removable helmets is cool and I agree on Ashla being an egg head freak but I guess they only grow the head horns later in life so what does it matter since all kids are ugly anyway. These sets make up for the disappointment of the atrocities with action features so far this year IMO. Thank god these didn't have the same gimmick as Mace Windup, Now that would have been bad.

JEDIpartner
03-12-2003, 09:19 AM
Firstly, the Yoda figure is the best Yoda figure of the Saga line (in spite of the extra toes).

Secondly... how is it that they manage to make such great figures for one that are so small and manage to muck up the larger ones?

I am definitely looking forward to both of these sets! NICE! :happy:

droidekas2
03-12-2003, 10:11 AM
Alright!
They made the hover chair and they made the helmets removable.

Great set. I can't wait to get my hands on these.

Kidhuman
03-12-2003, 10:27 AM
They are definitly some good looking figures. I think the are awesome. Cute little buggers they are. Gonna have to buy 2 of each.

InsaneJediGirl
03-12-2003, 10:33 AM
Nice figures:DPaint looks a little thick/shotty but that can be fixed with some customizing.

Now,I want to make an entire clan...What to do with all of those extra Yodas?

Chiesa
03-12-2003, 12:35 PM
Yes the paint looks alittle slip shot to me. But I think that it looks good.

Finally a Yoda who can move its legs! It seems his arms are better articulated as well! This could be one of the better Yoda's around then!

The Kids look pretty cute and decent to me! Can't wait to get my hands on them!

JEDIpartner
03-12-2003, 12:37 PM
I dunno about the paint job being slip shod... I just think that those are low-res pics.

aceguide
03-12-2003, 12:52 PM
I'm still very pleased with these figures - especially the removable helmets as well as what appears to be Yoda's ability to lean on his cane!

JediTricks
03-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Firstly, the Yoda figure is the best Yoda figure of the Saga line (in spite of the extra toes). They're not "extra" toes, they're "bonus" toes. :D

TheDarthVader
03-13-2003, 01:50 PM
I will be getting these figures. They all look good!

Jerjerrod
03-14-2003, 01:25 PM
These are great sets. Yoda, despite the flowing cape, is my favorite. Those kiddies aren't bad either, I just hope they clean up those helmets a bit by production time.

BTW, I want to see that smart human youngling who solves the Kamino/archive mystery. "Truly wonderful, the mind of a child."

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-14-2003, 05:21 PM
Honestly, watch Empire Strikes Back. He has three toes in front, and ONE in back. Not two, but ONE. It shows them when he's looking in Luke's stuff.

These are amazing! At first, I wasn't sure since the helmets couldn't be placed over their eyes. Like when they are training. But they are, so I'm happy.:happy: