PDA

View Full Version : WA-7, Lt. Faytonni, Achk Med-Beq, New Emperor!!

Beast
03-12-2003, 02:41 PM
Nice to see these rumored figures were finally confirmed. No sightings of Bail Organa yet. Hmm, looks like they may be changing the basic carded figures style as well later this year. As it looks like the Clone Wars style, but more movie styled. Lt. Faytonni and Achk Med-Beq look excellent. WA-7 (Flo-Bot) looks cool as hell. And the Emperor looks nicely done. Glad they didn't just slap the E1 Darth Sidious figure on a new card. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Deoxyribonucleic
03-12-2003, 02:52 PM
I'm so excited for the new Emperor...I've been wanting one since the POTF one came out :)

JEDIpartner
03-12-2003, 03:01 PM
The newly revealed figures ROCK! I am really happy that Hasblah is turning things around for the better! Thanks for listening to us!!!

Beast
03-12-2003, 03:05 PM
Dignitaries are on the way!! Whooooo!! :D

A Pair Of Dignitaries On The Way

Curto: As part of the 2003 Preview, Hasbro officially revealed their plans for this year (look for images to be posted shortly.) Look for more toys from the films, as well as a special line focusing on the Clone Wars. But a pair of figures that were not shown but were announced are two different Imperial Dignitaries. Each figure will be unique, but they will "share parts." Presumably this means they will have bases that interact. Stay tuned for more from Pawtucket....
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mark2d2
03-12-2003, 03:16 PM
As a Threepio fan --- of course I "have" to buy Faytonni --- but what a lovely surprise that he comes with such an interesting side table accessory. It really is quite nifty indeed. Even the glasses are groovy. And that new Emperor . . . FINALLY! Very cool. It's about time . . .

I only wish we knew something of the state of the Exclusives . . .

mrmiller
03-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Someone slap me- is Hasbro doing things right for once. Looks like the upcomming stuff is going to be much, much improved. Well all except maybe the G.I. Clones, err Clone Joes, I mean Clone Wars.

=MATT=

Kidhuman
03-12-2003, 09:00 PM
Thats awesome. Hasbro has been churning out some goodies. I love the new Emperor. I also like the waitress droid. Now lets see if they make the ROTJ Jabba.

Beast
03-12-2003, 09:12 PM
According to Adam and Mike at Galactic Hunter, ROTJ Jabba is confirmed for next year. And next year will focus heavily on Jabba's Palace and ROTJ. Including more aliens from the palace and more Ewoks, including Woklings. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
03-13-2003, 05:34 AM
Well, now that Sir Steve has all the coverage up and the forums are alive again we can start to enjoy discussing the new stuff again. I have to say, that Hasbro is really making a push in the right direction with 2003. I've been reading the other forums all day, and the reaction for once is almost entirely positive. All the figures look wonderful, and now that we've had a better look at some of the iffy ones things are looking even better. :)

Darth Vader: Throne Room's arm looks much better then the original pictures made it out to look. I don't know who photograph's Hasbro's stuff for the website, but they really need to pose the figures a bit better before snapping the pic.

Luke Skywalker Throne Room's arms and face sculpt look better as well. Again, whoever photographs the stuff professionally really needs to try to do something different. Since they seem to often call attention to supposed flaws.

Padme: Secret Ceremony is a huge improvement over the prototype we saw originally on Hasbro's site. I don't know if it's a totally different head sculpt, or it was originally just photographed bad. But as the following attachment shows, she looks more like Padme, instead of Shmi. And is actually pretty. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mylow thehutt
03-13-2003, 06:43 AM
[i] including Woklings. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks [/B]

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

kool-aid killer
03-13-2003, 07:59 AM
It might just be my eyes misleading me but does Coleman Trebor look huge compared to everyone else or is it just because hes standing on a base? I like how these new figures look and really have no complaints. Im also glad to hear that more Ewoks might be made next year. I dont know about you guys but i wouldnt mind if they made a generic mold and colored the figures in various colors, not like amazing fruit, but real Ewok colors and gave them lots of weapons.

aceguide
03-13-2003, 09:03 AM
Everything looks great. Padme is CERTAINLY an inprovement over the first pictures. And to think there is even more to come...

Kidhuman
03-13-2003, 09:08 AM
Woklings and a new Jabba with plent o' aliens. Go Hasbro.

Can anyone get to see the Vader in the far left. I see his helmet but would like to see Vader. If you can, please post a pic. Thanks

187-Maul
03-13-2003, 09:32 AM
all those new cool figures, I'll definitly get Coleman Trebor but there's a lot of the stuff on my "maybe" list such as Luke ROTJ, Darth Vader ROTJ, Snowtrooper, Best and Daniels and Emperor Palpatine
Palpatine looks cool but they got his whole body proportion wrong IMO, and the hood is too big for the (very accurate IMO) face, and what's with the force-lightning, why so small and behind his hands? but, I know, these are still prototypes
Overall Im very happy with the figs and I've kinda gotten back "my faith in SW collecting" because of this:)

Darth Trymybestus
03-13-2003, 09:33 AM
Well, those figures are looking amazing, hopefully this'll be the start of positive comments about SAGA figures! ;) :crazed:
The 2003 SAGA figures are truly awesome, I mean the sculpts are fantastic, the likeness of the figures are just great. I was a fan of the 2002 SAGA figures,.I thought they were awesome so I'm doubly impressed with these .

Emperor Palpatine/Darth Sidious, this is fantastic, it's better than the Episode I Darth Sidious and way better than the POTF2 Emperor Palpatine, fantastic figure.
I'm so glad that Hasbro has finally decided to do a new figure of this character, I love the decrepit face, it has an awesome likeness.
You can actually see his ears on one of the pictures, it looks like poor Emperor Palpatine has lost his hair :cry:

Luke Skywalker & Darth Vader - Throne Room Duel, I love these figures, they go together so well, perfect for the final minutes of Return of the Jedi.
It would be nice to see what Darth Vader looks like with the helmet on, they're both awesome figures, great dynamic sculpts.
It'll be nice to have a Luke Skywalker from the Death Star II.
The face sculpt on the Darth Vader is just so detailed, it's very cool.
I love the Lightsaber that Luke has, he actually looks so much better than the first pictures, it's great that he can hold his lightsaber with both hands in kind of a neutral pose.

Deluxe Jango Fett and Obi Wan Kenobi, I think the Jango Fett looks awesome, I truly hope that he comes with a non firing rocket that can be put into his jetpack.
I think this could be the definitive Kamino Jango Fett, is that a removeable helmet I see? It looks like it's Kamino Escape Jango Fett minus the action feature on the right arm.
I'm so excited about this figure.
The Obi-Wan is cool, the cloak looks awesome and I don't think the hole is that big, it's very cool. These 2 figures look great together.

Geonosian War Room and Jedi Council, wow, these look great, I think the Dooku and Poggle the Lesser look awesome, great for the scene at the end with the Death Star.
I love the Dooku, it has a nice soft goods cape, I wonder what the articulation is like on it, it's a very cool Dooku, I can't wait to get this! It goes great with the other 2 Dooku's.
The Jedi council is awesome, I think that's the Mace that everyone has been looking for as the new one is completely ruined by the action feature (and I normally don't mind them).
It looks like it has nice articulation, I hope he comes with a purple lightsaber :D :crazed:
Even Piell looks nice too, I hope we get more of these scenes, ideally, it would be great to have the complete Jedi Council so that all the bases would go together and with one of the sets, they could include the circular middle bit where Anakin and Obi Wan stood in Attack of the Clones.

After seeing these figures, I know that the 2004 Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight will probably be the best Star Wars figure ever made! :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Giddy like a school girl, I am.

get another job to support my habit, i must.

:D

AHH!! I can officially now change my Hasbleh references back to Hasbro. Congrats Hasbro, you've won back a few collectors. :crazed:

bobafrett
03-13-2003, 10:32 AM
Yes, I'm a happy collector again! Very exciting pictures coming from the Hasbro event. Good job Hasbro, now can we start seeing these at the retail stores, instead of having to go through the secondary market?

Glitch
03-13-2003, 12:52 PM
I just returned home from the collecter's event this morning, and I'm quite shocked to see just about everybody embrace the new Emporer figure.

Of all of the new film figures shown, this was the only one that truly disappointed me. First off, the hood is way too large, and it throws off the proportions of the entire sculpt. He comes across as big headed freak with a tiny, narrow body. It also looks as though the hood is "around" his head rather than draped over it. This face looks ok, but the way the hood is now..... :(

Second, the sculpt of the robe is FAR too wrinkled. It looks like he is wearing garbage bags rather than the heavy, draping fabric seen in ROTJ. This looks like a little "Unleashed" figure with the dynamic sculpt of the fabric, and comes across as some crappy thing out of a comic book rather than what we see in the film.

They NAILED the robe sculpt on the Episode 1 Darth Sidious, but have seriously dropped the ball on this one.

Subtlety is the key to the design on this figure - sadly, something the person that sculpted this "thing" has no idea of.

Very disappointing...

droidekas2
03-13-2003, 01:29 PM
I am smiling widely and clapping my hands rapidly.

TheDarthVader
03-13-2003, 01:41 PM
I can not believe what I am hearing!! Not one, but TWO imperial dignitaries!!! I have been waiting for these for a long, long time. Finally, they are back. I hope that hasbro doesn't mess up on the sculpts. These figures have great potential!

El Chuxter
03-13-2003, 03:19 PM
Elizabeth Smart is alive, Fleetwood Mac has a new album coming out soon, action features are going the way of the dodo, and these figures rock! There's plenty of proof for anyone who doesn't believe in miracles! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I dunno about everyone else, but I can't wait to get my hands on the Jedi 3-pack for generic Jedis Rodian Bob and Twi'lek Garry. :crazed:

Jargo
03-13-2003, 03:29 PM
I'm sticking with the hasbroken tag until the production samples turn out way better than they have been lately. The Emperor looks like crap. Looks like some disney figure gone wrong. Coleman trebor is fantastic on the other hand, truly a mighty giant of a figure and whoever sculpted the faces of Ahmed Best and Tony daniels deserves a slap on the back, gorgeous likenesses that will no doubt get right royally screwed up in production either via the molding process of the trained monkey who paints them.
WA-7 looks awful and the worst atrocity by far apart from the Durge and ARC trooper figures is the awful San Hill who looks like an eleven year backwards kid sculpted him from plasticine.

Anakin's speeder is the biggest joke going but the other treasures are the Geo fighter and hailfire droid and deluxe destroyer droid launcher. Ultra sweet! The deluxe super battle droid thing looks even worse than i feared and the spider droid seems to be looking more and more like thing to kick to the bottom of the heap in stores. Truly dreadful.

On the other hand i love Wat tambor and the Jedi council screen scene, Poggle and Dooku with the holo table look awesome. The jedi knights 3-pack is just splendid as are the droids and clonetroopers 3-packs. Like the new clone wars obi-Wan who can quite easily be used instead of the awful Acklay attack Obi. Yoda and the kids look okay so far. Padme still looks stupid and why are they trying to kid us that her bouquet is a bouquet accessory when it quite clearly belongs in the urn on the ballustrade top because there's a hole for the stems of the plant to go into. Luke and Vader are still crap. They don't get any better looking no matter how you light them or photograph them. Same with han hoth. Goofy pose, goofy feature and goofy face. Who cares if it's brown or blue it's crap.

Snowtrooper seems okay for a generic trooper figure, the lighting makes his helmet seem too wide but apart from that it's okay.
Dignitaries, bail organa, no comment until the pics arrive.

Good and bad, Just a pity the year is almost a third of the way through and we've hardly had anything yet at retail. The new cardback looks crap so dark, when they change it to blue it'll look better. The clone wars card seems okay but could be brighter I feel, A brighter orangey color. It all looks a little murky on those sample packages.
I know one thing, hasbro can go take a flying **** at a rolling donut if they think i'm going to 'collect them all'. no way jose. Stop putting out excuses for figures like palpatine and san hill and maybe i'll think again, Never go back to action feature butchery and I'll rethink my position. I'm not even going to predict what i'll buy until I've seen packaged pictures because all of it could go horribly wrong in china.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-13-2003, 05:16 PM
This stuff is awesome!!!!! However, why the hell does Flo's base say "Dex's Diner"? It didn't in the film, I think. That Durge is stupid as hell, but that's on Genndy's part not Hasbro's. And Anakin's pilot helmet scares me. :dead: And the San Hill looks like something I puked up. Other than that, AMAZING! Those Anthony and Ahmed figures are perfect! That Padmé is, too! And 2004 will be great too! Thank you Hasbro!!!!!!!!

Jerjerrod
03-13-2003, 06:43 PM
Well, what can I say. Hasbro has done a real good job with ALL the new figures. Can't wait to get them, especially Emperor Palpatine, Luke, and Vader. Go Hasbro!!!!

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-13-2003, 10:59 PM
Other than the Shaak Tii/ Wat Tambor mispackage everything I see looks great! Thanks Hasbro this years is lookin good!

Beast
03-13-2003, 11:15 PM
It's not a mispackage, it's just a test shot of a figure on the new cards. :) Hasbro usually does that as just an example of what the cards will look like, with a finished figure on them. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-13-2003, 11:24 PM
Thanks for clearin that up JJB...

I knew that..... I think......

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 11:55 PM
I really like the direction of the line with all the added accessories. The tables with Lt. Faytonni, Achk Med-Beq, are an ingenious way of helping us get near a playset without having one. I can only hope they come out with a Nightclub screen sceen with bar pieces and Obi with his shot of mouthwash

Beast
03-14-2003, 12:00 AM
Well when we first heard info about the Screen Scenes, the Outlander Nightclub was going to be one of them. Lt. Dannyl Faytonni was noted as being able to interact with it, similar to how Wat Tambor does with the Geo War Room. The Nightclub could still be a future Screen Scene. No info on it at this point. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
03-14-2003, 01:49 AM
I for one totally want the girls in thongs! - and Elan Sleezebaggano, too.

There was an Ithorian, and many other cool dudes from the Outlander and the street scenes outside it.

-even "Old Sebulba" etc.

Jayspawn
03-14-2003, 10:01 AM
Yep, it looks like Hasbro's making some cool figures for us this year. The Jedi Council and Geonosian War Room look great. I'll be getting those of course. I love the Anthony Daniels and Ahmed Best bar sets. They look great!

Let the Customized Threepios begin!

Jayspawn
03-14-2003, 10:02 AM
The Emperor looks ok. I like the POTF2 Emperor just fine. But this one looks like a 'Emperor (Emperor's Wrath)'

Glitch
03-14-2003, 01:33 PM
Too bad they used he exact same body for the Daniels/Best figures. In reality, these two guy's bodies couldn't be more different. Best is MUCH taller and lankier than Daniels.

By the way, what is up with the name "Faytonni?" "Tonni," or Toni, is short for Anthony - got it. But "Fay" is a common English slang word for "alternate lifestyle." ...not that there's anything wrong with that.

This just comes across as a bit odd to me.

Jargo
03-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Um, perhaps you should watch the documentaries featuring Anthony and wonder that perhaps he named the character himself as a joke. Self parody. It's actually quite funny. Apt. I don't think it's an insidious thing at all. More an affectionate thing. Fey isn't a derogative term at all. Fey tony. Makes perfect sense for someone who appears to be a 'confirmed bachelor'. ;)

Either way it's an excellent sculpt and totally spot on. It's a pity that more head sculpts aren't that accurate. I bet carrie fisher is spitting feathers, looking at the awful head sculpts hasbro has churned out of her. :D The only one that ever came close is Deluxe Leia with sail barge cannon. Poor old mark Hamill has never once had anything approaching close to a true likeness, judging by the Luke Jedi figure he never will. That thing is ugly with a capital UGLY.

mark2d2
03-14-2003, 05:01 PM
As a proud member of alternative lifestyles myself --- I must say that Threepio always seemed like family to me . . .

But I thought Anthony Daniels was married?

Glitch
03-14-2003, 06:59 PM
I figured as much - no pun intended. Thanks for clearing it up. I just hope the name was his choice, and not some dolt at LFL or Hasbro as a joke.

I thought the Bespin Leia was pretty close.
Hey, this sounds like a topic!

Beast
03-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Apperantly it was his choice. Anthony Daniels even worked with Lucasfilm on his charecter's backstory. :)

Lt. Dannl Faytonni was played by Anthony Daniels, the actor who plays the protocol droid C-3PO. Faytonni marked the first time Daniels' face could be visible in a Star Wars movie. Daniels also had a hand in establishing the backstory of this particular character.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
03-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Mark, since when has being married meant anything to actors? Married to a 'beard' maybe but look how many 'confirmed bachelors' in Hollywood have been married at some point to a 'beard' How many we see on tv and in magazines spouting off about how great marriage is when all the time there's something else going on entirely. Anyway, I digress. Faytonni is actually one of the better names in star wars, far better than half the stupid EU names given to characters in roleplaying games and on trading cards. The use of an apostrophe appears to make a name legitimate so if you want to sound star warsy then just shove random apostrophes into your name and BINGO! you got authenticity baby. So J'argo or Jar'go or Jarg'O would appear to make me legitimate in the SW galaxy. Also throwing random consonants together seems to make you SW too. Tch'qrl would make as good a SW name as anything from the EU. I reckon AD gave his character a name with a bit of class to avoid being given some stupid identity. That guy has brains as well as talent. Given a choice between some idiot hack writer making random stuff up for a character you'd played or making the backstory and name yourself, which would you choose?