PDA

View Full Version : Micro Machines (not) to return

JediTricks
03-12-2003, 02:42 PM
SSG news of this from Hasbro's door to your eyes: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=10&show_article=154

Basically, SWMMs are back, AF minifigs and Die Cast ain't but there's a sliver of hope that they might return too depending on SWMMs.

neonblade
03-12-2003, 03:28 PM
WEll we have to prove to people not to buy the af so that hasbro will look at themselves and make mini figs jus llike it says in the article

britcit3
03-12-2003, 03:36 PM
This is the best news that I've had all year.

BC3

Jangu Fett
03-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Well if we want the AF mini-figures to return to us. BUY 10 OF EACH AND EVERY MM SET!!!! Did HASBRO shown any MM at the show?

JediTricks
03-13-2003, 04:51 AM
I am told that they only showed non-SW MMs.

JediGoofy
03-13-2003, 06:55 AM
This is the point jt! :confused:

I just looked at the Collector's Event Coverage (by the way a very good job, like the one SSG did for the Toy Fair :) ) and I am trying to interpret the slide show I found under "miscellaneous".

There is quite a big presentation about Micro Machines, but SW is never cited. :(
When Hasbro talks about a big relaunch of the Micro Machines ("Tons of vehicles in 2003 and over 200 for 2004", "Cool highly detailed feature intensive playsets" :eek: ), it looks like they are talking just about "classic" MM and not SW ones ("Huge success in US", "Growing success in Europe", but we did not see any single SW MM in a couple of years).

Anyway Hasbro also states "Micro scale is HOT", I hope this means something for SW MM too. :rolleyes:

Does SirSteve, who attended to the event, agree with me or he actually heard Hasbro talking of SW MM as well?
Thank you for your help.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

vulcantouch
03-13-2003, 10:33 AM
in that case maybe we'll get lucky and mm figs won't be back either :evil: or at least, not packed in w/the ships :rolleyes:
funny how during the aotc mm drought artasyl briefly yanked our cranks w/the prospect of new trek mms- and now, just as them hopes're apparently squarshed hasbin re-dangles swmms :sur: hey, i'm one of the true-believer mmshipfans keepin the faith, teases don't bother me, i don't need much to sustain me, i seen worse doubt-deserts than this :happy:
vt

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 09:16 PM
This is good news. I remember when the 3 3/4" line was on hiatus, and SW mm's were first released. They were the coolest thing.
I bought every exclusive rebel/imperial set just to get the exclusive Nien Numb figure (or whatever the exclusive was)

The thread should start any day now, what ships from E2(i hope all) are going to see a micro-sculpt

JediTricks
03-14-2003, 01:35 AM
JediGoofy, I only reported what SirSteve told me, he said they confirmed SW Micro Machines' return and that's what I put here. The Hasbro show missed showing some stuff so I didn't think much of the issue of no pics.

I don't dig the way Hasbro has added launchers with everything on the regular MM line though, but whatever gets MMs back on the market.

VT, this has no basis in fact (yet), but I get the feeling that the lack of the AF minifigures coupled with Hasbro's comments about their fate resting on the SWMM line's popularity indicates that the SWMM line will use micro-statues again... I can only hope they'll be limited to the playsets.

Banthaholic, I remember in '94 when the SW Fan Club magazine was raving about the MM playsets, they were THE toy for SW fans that year.

darthcarlos
03-14-2003, 03:53 AM
JT

YES! YES! YES! You bring us great news!!! I knew they would come to their senses. There are many new vehicles that I would like to see in Micro size. Bring on the MICRO MACHINES.

"Think Big, play small".....MICRO MACHINES

Darth Carlos

SWAFMAN
03-15-2003, 08:41 AM
Interesting how not long ago we were being told that Hasbro considered the micro "fad" to be over, and now we're hearing micros are "hot" ??????

I wonder how heavily they weigh what's popular at the moment in Japan as their basis for what's "hot" or not?

If, for some reason, Hasbro looks at what's going on in Japan at the moment, and doesn't see any toys in micro scale being sold, do they take that as meaning that the micro "fad" is over?

But, if some company is making micro-scale toys that are selling huge in the Japanese market, does Hasbro look at that and decide micros are "hot" again?

Jangu Fett
03-15-2003, 07:13 PM
Hasbro will only bring back the AF mini-figs IF the MM line goes well???? Thats almost like saying, by next year both the Die Cast ships as well as the AF figures will be in stores.

The only way for the MM to do poorly is if Hasbro does a crap job on them. Even if they first both the original trilogy MM first. I don't see them doing poorly.

JediTricks
03-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
Interesting how not long ago we were being told that Hasbro considered the micro "fad" to be over, and now we're hearing micros are "hot" ?????? I thought that was only Art Asylum's interpretation of the micro fad. Ha!

Beast
03-16-2003, 10:15 PM
From Rebelscum:

No Micros In '03

Mark: Under the Lewis Galoob Co., MicroMachine vehicle packs were one of the first toys to usher in a new era of collecting for Star Wars fans. With an eye towards combining each companies Star Wars product line, and reducing competition within the franchise, Hasbro acquired Galoob Toys in 1998. Unfortunately, the onslaught of product released in association with Episode I proved too much for fans and collectors to handle. With an overall line reduction in 2000, and production on these specific toys halted, many were left to wonder what their future might hold.

Beginning last year, the ‘MicroMachines: Action Fleet’ line was the first of the Galoob alumni to be brought back. In its return, the line offered a combination of old and new vehicles, and is set to offer eleven more exciting Star Wars themed items in 2003.

With news that the MircoMachine product line would return in '03, many Star Wars fans hoped that would include the mini vehicles they began collecting nearly a decade ago. At this time however, the returning MicroMachine line does not include any Star Wars Micro sets. "The only Micro Machine product that is Star Wars themed is under the 'Action Fleet' umbrella" states Hasbro.

While this may come as a disappointment to those buoyed by news the line was making a comeback, it has been suggested that, should this year's Micro toys do well, the door remains open for Star Wars themed sets down the road. We'll be sure to follow the situation closely and bring you any new information as it develops.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

[DSS]Pedr0
03-16-2003, 11:27 PM
i dont know where this would fall under but, anyone remember the "pewter" lookin collectible set of MMs...they were numbered and what not...i'll try and post a pic of it when i hook up the digi cam...

Jangu Fett
03-17-2003, 06:29 PM
Great, NO Star Wars MM. That means NO AF MINI-FIGURES, and NO DIE-CAST. HASBEEN JUST SCREWS US GALOOB FANS OVER, AGAIN AND AGAIN. I hope something happens forcing HASBLOW to declare bankruptcy and they lose the STAR WARS licinse. Then someone WORTHY gets to make toys for, IMO one of if not the GREATEST MOVIES series ever

neonblade
03-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Amen JANGU!!!!!!

JediTricks
03-18-2003, 02:50 AM
No SWMM: http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=10&show_article=155

sorry gang.

AndyW
03-18-2003, 05:55 AM
Bugger, went away for the weekend and this happens. Tragic shame :(

britcit3
03-18-2003, 10:47 AM
B$?*%£KS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

BC3

r2dee2
03-18-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by [DSS]Pedr0
i dont know where this would fall under but, anyone remember the "pewter" lookin collectible set of MMs...they were numbered and what not...i'll try and post a pic of it when i hook up the digi cam...

Hi Pedr0....those sets were in abundance at KB and were on clearance for quite awhile. Pics HERE (http://web.archive.org/web/19991013081915/galoob.com/MMSP09.html)