PDA

View Full Version : KEBco figure club????

darththrawn
03-13-2003, 08:08 AM
Hello ,I was wondering if anyone belonged to kebco's one of every figure club , if it is worth joining , and how reliable they are.

Thanks
Chris:confused: :D :confused:

CrossWizard
03-13-2003, 08:17 AM
I'm not a member of the club but I order my figures thru them, since I'm not a completist I don't buy 1 of every figure, just the ones I like. They have top notch customer service and they are very reliable, but I've found out that if you wait too long to place a pre-order with tem you'll end up having to wait a bit more than usual due to the large number of customers they have. I haven't had any problem with Kebco so I recommend them.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Yeah, pretty much what Cross Wizard said, they are very fantastic. In the unlikely event there are problems, they are prompt to help you out. I know they took alot of guff last year because of Ephant mon delaying some shipments, but that wasn't there fault in the least and they kept giving their customers updates on the situation.

I love KEBco and thanks to them, I got all the saga figures so far. Due to school and stuff, i can't always hunt, so they're great. Cheers!! :D

JEDIpartner
03-13-2003, 11:10 AM
I like them VERY much and have been a member since the "Sneak Preview" wave of last year. Sometimes it takes a little longer to get the figures, but it is well worth it. I was way ahead of most of the people last summer when store were having trouble getting new inventory in. I was able to secure a mint Ephant Mon back at the beginning of December. Still waiting on the Collection 1 figures, but those are shipping this week.

If you decide that you want one of every figure... this is the place to go. Their prices simply cannot be beat. If you want an extra of a certain figure... you can request additional pieces to be added to your order. Mr. Barnette will gladly add them for your club price.

droidekas2
03-13-2003, 12:22 PM
I preorder the figures that I want throught them. No hassle in searching store to store. Good prices and customer service. Eventually get everything that I want. Got Ephant Mon way back through them. A++

Thunderstorm1
03-13-2003, 03:19 PM
I have been a member since last year. I would not go anywhere else.

their customer service is outstanding and all the figures are mint, Including My Ephant Mon!

Trip J
03-14-2003, 08:31 AM
I was a member until the last waves of 2002 when I decided I couldn't be a completist anymore.

Jut like everyone has already said, the prices were reasonable, and though they can be a little slow, I still got most waves before they hit the stores around here.

BTW, I still preorder from them, now I just pick and choose what I want.

Without KebCo, I'd either have to pay a fortune to get the figs I wanted, or never have a collection, since many items are too hard to find here in the vast heartland.

stillakid
03-14-2003, 09:46 AM
I've been a member for a while now...since they started it I think. As mentioned, sometimes you have to wait just a few weeks longer to get things, but at least you get them. I've never seen an Ephont Man on a peg but I have him in front of me on top of the computer. Plus, with gas prices over $2 a gallon, it only makes sense to do it this way.

jjreason
03-14-2003, 10:30 AM
For people outside big US Centers, I think it's one of the best ways to go. I've only been in since the preorders started for 2003 figures, but I was one of the first people (according to post dates on this site) to get my Library Droids, new Imp officer and Rebel Trooper. I also got Padme and a couple of the new Tuskens so far from them. No problems yet, but I open figures. About 3 of my 8 figures received so far have had noticeable card damage - however I stated when I joined that I open figures. No concern to me personally.

2 thumbs up for KebCo.

NRPeace
03-16-2003, 08:31 PM
I like them, but they can be pretty inconsistant. I waited as long as 3 months for a shipment, but I've also gotten them pretty quickly as well.

CrossWizard
03-19-2003, 09:47 AM
I'm still waiting for my Collection 1 Anakin and Fett order to ship. Has anybody gotten these figures from Kebco yet?

Trip J
03-19-2003, 02:38 PM
Not yet...their front page says that they are behind due to the large number of preorders. Since I haven't seen ANY new figures around here since November, I can't really complain. I know that they'll get here sooner or later, and that's good enough for me.

jjreason
03-19-2003, 05:34 PM
Mine aren't here yet either. The last update on my page said my Anakin and Dooku speeder bikes have shipped, but my coll 1 figs haven't yet. Soon enough, there aren't any in that load Im dying for anyway. Padme, Library droids and the Tuskens were my big wants, and they came already (and I love them all very much!!!).

CrossWizard
03-19-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Trip J
Not yet...their front page says that they are behind due to the large number of preorders. Since I haven't seen ANY new figures around here since November, I can't really complain. I know that they'll get here sooner or later, and that's good enough for me.

In my area the last wave of new figures we got was the Tatooine Anakin and Pilot Padme waves, so like you I can't complain since I would'nt be able to get the newer figures any other way. I'm sure many local stores like KB and TRU have more recent waves on the back but since the pegs are flooded with Endor Hans, FB Jangos and Arena Maces, they have stopped flow of new stock.

stevenmh
03-21-2003, 06:23 PM
I'll add my vote. I've been a member of the SW club for about a year, and the TF club for about six months. Never had a problem with them, and it's wonderful being able to avoid going to WM for weeks at a time. Now they even have some store exclusives available.

jjreason
03-21-2003, 07:13 PM
I ordered my Shuttle from Kebco. I don't have it yet, but it was scheduled for delivery in Ohio (my brother's residence) yesterday. I hope it got there okay, I need to go check my tracking number. Their price for the shuttle I thought was very fair, 125 plus 12 shipping. I don't know what the FAO price was (not much less than that I don't think). I hope it's worth the $$$$$$$!!!

Roufuss
03-29-2003, 10:58 PM
I'll add my vote for them as well.

I've never ordered from them online, or joined their one of every figure club, BUT I have met the owner personally at a toy convention in Orlando.

He was INCREDIBLY nice, had some great prices and deals, and if I ever do need to order anything online, he will DEFINATELY be the first person I go to.

He did tell me the whole Ephant Mon thing put a damper on him, but he explained how he was trying all these ways to get him, and it seemed like he really did care about his customers. An awesome guy, I recommend his site wherever I go.

And you can't beat his non-mint prices, espically if you open the packages.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-29-2003, 11:01 PM
I got in for my spring break last weekend and i had 3 boxes from Kebco waiting for me. Unleashed Vader and Leia, the two speeder bikes and Teebo, Imperial officer, Rebel Trooper, Eeth, Padme and Tusken Raider, so they are shipping. I think the front page says they'll get the rest shipped out shortly. I have yet to have a problem with KEBco, all around great company!! cheers!! :D

CrossWizard
03-31-2003, 06:13 AM
Well I'm still waiting for my Carkoon Fett order to ship. Either they did ship it this past week and haven't updated my status or they haven't shipped it. Long wait sucks but as long as I don't have to take constant trips to hunt down figures, I'll be patient.

JEDIpartner
03-31-2003, 09:10 AM
I had a funny experience with them concerning my last shipment. They marked my order shipped on Monday and I received the shipment on the next day. The box was marked having been shipped 5 days earlier. It was a nice surprise.

One thing Scott (owner) DID mention was that all member will be put into a rotation so that no club member will always be the in the first group to get shipped. That will cause some slight delays between shipments if you were in the first group the last time around and in the last group the next time. Still... that is fair as far as I am concerned.

mm74md
03-31-2003, 10:55 AM
One of the better online retail collector sites! Fair prices on figures & shipping. Unlike other places (BT)!

dr_evazan22
03-31-2003, 02:37 PM
I just joined their "1 of..." club earlier this month and have already received my first delivery. The fig's arrived in great shape, I didn't shell out a ton of money, and better yet, I saved a lot of time from having to hunt for these figs.

So far so good.

tgr3328
03-31-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
If you decide that you want one of every figure... this is the place to go. Their prices simply cannot be beat. If you want an extra of a certain figure... you can request additional pieces to be added to your order. Mr. Barnette will gladly add them for your club price.

How do the club prices compare to retail ($4.77 at Walmart, for example)?

Do you really have to get one of each figure? What if you decide there are one or two that you don't want?

dr_evazan22
03-31-2003, 08:38 PM
$5.99 each. You don't have to join the club, they also have a page w/ fig's you can order.

JEDIpartner
04-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by tgr3328
How do the club prices compare to retail ($4.77 at Walmart, for example)?

Do you really have to get one of each figure? What if you decide there are one or two that you don't want?

Yes, you have to get one of every figure... that's why it's called the "One of Every Figure Club." The figures are $5.99 for the basic and $10.29 for the deluxe. Screen Scenes will be $22.99 when they are released. Honestly, I don't find those prices way out of line when finding them is half the battle and rising gas prices are the other half of the battle! :happy:

CrossWizard
04-23-2003, 05:40 PM
Anybody here still waiting for their Anakin/Fett Wave pre-order from Kebco? It's been more than a month now and I still haven't got mine and I pre-ordered back in February. I think I'll send them an email to see what's going on. :(

dr_evazan22
04-25-2003, 09:00 AM
I received my Ani/Fett wave, but I'm still waiting on the Deluxe Speeder bikes.