PDA

View Full Version : Last 3 Cantina Packs

Sidiously Darth
03-13-2003, 10:06 AM
I'm sure this has been posted already but since the search function is down, I'll ask again.

When are these coming out? The database has 11/02 but I've not seen them. I haven't even seen them on ebay.

Any info anyone?

Thanks!

kdp100
03-13-2003, 10:21 AM
Last I heard was that the second set were put on hold indefinitely, according to some suppliers. :(

Beast
03-13-2003, 11:05 AM
Second set is still coming, just got pushed back til Spring/Summer according to the last thing that I heard. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

droidekas2
03-13-2003, 12:23 PM
I need my giant grasshopper!! Please...

Rogue II
03-13-2003, 02:39 PM
Grasshopper? I thought it was a praying mantis!

Well, we've waited this long for them, what's a few more months? Any word on a 3rd wave?

OzOtter
03-13-2003, 03:12 PM
Summer's good for me. I'll be back in Oz then, where hopefully distribution is a little better for me. I'm nowhere near a Walmart and have no car.

Amy
03-13-2003, 03:26 PM
Ok great thanks JJB! I was worried these where canned since it has been so long. This is only my second day owning a computer, and already it is well worth it.:)

I never did get Wuher or the good Doctor(hehe) so I'm really looking foward to these!:cool:

Turbowars
03-13-2003, 10:02 PM
Welcome Amy! You have come to the right place. There's plenty of useless info here, that it will be coming out of your ears.:D

Teeska Mon Eebon
03-13-2003, 10:06 PM
I was a late collector and didn't have any of the first 3 let alone the 2 old ones coming in this wave so I would be utterly happy to see more of these!

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 10:16 PM
I really hope these do see the light of day. The first three were all-right for me, but I was actually quite excited about the second sets.

mark2d2
03-13-2003, 10:33 PM
I --- too --- was a big fan of the first wave. (Just can't get enough of the Cantina and each figure's minor improvements were just groovy by me.:D)

Wave 2 looks to be even better!

And, yeah, I was totally hoping for a Wave 3 with that much discussed curving bar portion that would make this sets top of the line . . . :crazed:

TheDarthVader
03-13-2003, 10:39 PM
What are the names of the three characters that are to be released in this line? I know one is Kitik Keed Kak (praying mantis) Any help is...well...helpful.

Jerjerrod
03-13-2003, 10:44 PM
1. Kitik keek kak
2. Wuher the bartender
3. Dr. Evason

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 10:44 PM
2 sereis was Kitik, Wuher, the Dr who was picking on the poor farmboy

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks! I forgot about (another) Dr. and (another) Wuher. But I would still buy one of each! I am looking forward to these sets!

Beast
03-14-2003, 01:47 PM
Atleast Dr. Evezan and Wuher are better then the original versions. The original Dr. Evezan figure was pretty bad, atleast this one has a somewhat better face and a much improved body. And Wuher has had the glass removed from his hand, as well as featuring a more movie accurate paint job. That's the biggest flaw with the original, it looks like he's wearing a butterscotch tunic. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 01:59 PM
GOOD!!!! Sounds like a great set!!

jjreason
03-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Someone posted here not so, so long ago that they had actually purchased the Kitik set from ebay, and had received it. This could be bunk, but it kind of indicates they're past the point of no return. Maybe I'll go search ebay right now and see if any come up (not to buy, but just to verify the existence of carded versions, likely from Asia).......

EDIT: Checked ebay, nada. In case you wondered.

stillakid
03-30-2003, 10:34 PM
I've seen Kitik in person in an SSG members collection (unfortunately not mine :( ), so I know that it does exist. I'm anxiously awaiting these last three. Hopefully sooner than later.

Amy
03-31-2003, 01:10 AM
I cant Wait to get these, although I'm not sure if my Wally worlds will stock them. I think I'm the only one that even bought the other sets, so they are still crowding the pegs.:rolleyes:

Jargo
03-31-2003, 02:12 AM
R2DTOYS updated their homepage with the cheery news that they'll be getting samples in stock and that they'll be shipping in April. So that means that if folk are getting samples that the major release can't be far behind. GH says that they spoke to hasbro and hasbro says that all the figures are made but for some reason they don't have a retailer to take them suggesting that WM did indeed back out of the deal. So it's simply a guessing game now as to which store will get them or will big H pursuade WM to take them again as planned.

I got mine on pre-order with toy-palace. a bit pricey but they've been coming up with the goodies lately so I guess they're as good as anyone. I only want Kitik but the deal was for the wave of three. Oh well. i don't mind paying out if it's something I rewally want and Kitik is that. Been after that big bug since i was a kid and nothing is gonna stop me now. :)

kdp100
03-31-2003, 03:04 AM
Someone posted here not so, so long ago that they had actually purchased the Kitik set from ebay, and had received it. This could be bunk...

It was me, I did, and it isn't!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15721

VERY strange that Hasbro should now be insisting that this thing doesn't exist at all - hope mine doesn't disappear in a puff of smoke!

:sur:

Jargo
03-31-2003, 06:35 AM
Conflicting reports, saw both reports, one at GH and one at RS. I know which one I trust more. But I guess it's just one more delayed thing like the red battle droid. And if it was the muppet with the rubber neck that RS spoke to at the press show then I'm not surprised that they got bad information. ;)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-31-2003, 04:33 PM
These need to be made, even though my Wal-Mart won't stock them. These are all amazing, I NEED Kitik!!!!!!!

mm74md
04-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Here is a picture of the new cantina sets. Not sure if this has been posted yet...

SSG has a limit on file size. Here is a link to a larger image

http://alliancecollectibles.com/images/sagacantinawv2.jpg

JEDIpartner
04-03-2003, 03:07 PM
I'm looking at a picture of Dr. Evazan on my daily calendar and has SO much less hair that the figure... *sigh* Can't they do this nasty dude any justice?

mm74md
04-03-2003, 03:13 PM
I personally was never impressed with these sets. I didn't buy the first sets & I won't buy these. Well, unless they sit on the shelves like the 1st wave & go on clearance

stillakid
04-03-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
Here is a picture of the new cantina sets. Not sure if this has been posted yet...

SSG has a limit on file size. Here is a link to a larger image

http://alliancecollectibles.com/images/sagacantinawv2.jpg

Wuher looks like he's been rolling around in the mud.

Beast
04-03-2003, 04:42 PM
He may look like he's been rolling around in the mud, but that's a heck of a lot more movie accurate then Butterscotch Wuher. He's dirty and scummy in the movie. So the new retooled version is much improved in my eyes. Plus no drinking glass hand. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
04-03-2003, 06:37 PM
I'm happy w/ the Wuher I have. All I want is the Kitik figure. The bad ol' Doc just doesn't look right.:(

DarthChuckMc
04-03-2003, 06:46 PM
Any guesses on who will pick these up?

I guessing us in O-Town will find them at Once Upon A Toy in Downtown Disney along with Star Tours 3.