PDA

View Full Version : Han Hoth: Brown or Blue - Which Will You Get?

Beast
03-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Since Hasbro couldn't even decide on the final color, now we all have to decide which one we're going to buy. So I figured we could do a quick semi-informal poll of the collectors here, to see which choice is more popular. Here's our choices. :)

Blue - Thanks to the lighting in the Hoth Base, and a mistake in the color assignment in the Vintage line we've lived with the idea that Han's coat is Blue. So while it's a nice omage to the vintage version, it's technically inaccurate. Note that's my own opinion after studying the pictures and my laserdiscs.

Brown - Long contested, but after several examples of evidence were posted here and at forums around the net it's somewhat clear that this is the correct color. Even the charecter color sheets support this choice. And so do I, but don't let that influence your choice. I'm just going by the evidence.

Both - Hand your wallets to Hasbro now. Hasbro is making both camps happy, but making your wallet sad if you need both. But atleast you'll have a nice version of Han that looks like the vintage one. As well as one that is movie accurate. Hasbro atleast tries to please everyone.

My choice? Both. I like the idea that Hasbro took the time to try to determine the color. And while the evidance does point to brown, they didn't want to cause a rumblings in the blue camp. So I'll support both choices. Now let's hope that another color camp doesn't surface and demand a 3rd choice. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-13-2003, 11:55 AM
If they offered a goofy posed version vs. a neutrally posed version, then I'd take the neutral pose.

The color doesn't mean much to me, I'll wait for a better resculpt.

mrmiller
03-13-2003, 12:02 PM
I'm a sicko too- I'll get both :p

=MATT=

TheDarthVader
03-13-2003, 12:27 PM
I'm going to have to get both! There is no way I could choose.

Glitch
03-13-2003, 12:52 PM
Aren't turds supposed to be brown?

Now, if they could do something about that crazy, split-legeged pose and those giant gorilla hands, we may have something.

Like the new Emperor, it looks like they take these poses and sculpts from comic books. The person that does the control drawings for some of these figures should either have their hands chopped off or forced to go back to Marvel - or wherever the hell they came from.

Quite-Gone Jim
03-13-2003, 12:58 PM
I'm thinking I'll have to get both.

The blue for nostagia, the brown because it's accurate.

plasticfetish
03-13-2003, 01:37 PM
I want a version that changes color when you dip him in water ... when he's dry he's blue and then spray him with water and he turns brown.

Kidding aside ... neither of them look right to me. I've always figured (from what I can see) than his parka is blue with brown/tan faded or dyed areas.

I like the vintage one best ... I'll stick with that.

El Chuxter
03-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Blue. No, brown. No, blue. I can't decide yet. :Pirate:

I would like to take the time, though, to officially start a third camp. . . Han Solo's coat on Hoth was hot pink!

I'll wait for the pink version, 'cause pink is my favorite crayon. :crazed:

Jargo
03-13-2003, 02:33 PM
Neither, it's crap. In brown or blue it's still - crap. Crap crap crappity crap.

NEXT!

Rogue II
03-13-2003, 02:35 PM
The way things have been going lately, I'll buy the first one I see. I may buy the other one in an attempt to do some customizing (disable action feature, etc.)

OzOtter
03-13-2003, 03:32 PM
Both, but the blue one is the one I'll put in my dioramas. I've yet to be convinced it was brown.

I love the fact that Hasbro is doing this. It's dead funny. And that's why I want both. I'm not going to miss the extra six bucks or whatever I end up spending. It's no assault on my wallet, and it's a great laugh.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-13-2003, 03:58 PM
Well, since it looks brown when he's outside, and this figure's based on outside scenes, I want brown. But since new stuff is so hard to find, then I'm not sure, since blue is coming out first. Oh well, whatever.:)

JEDIpartner
03-13-2003, 04:00 PM
I'll probably be getting the blue one... because of my affiliation with KEBco, but I could be surprised!

I think the pose is that he can also ride a Taun Taun... that's just MY opinion.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-13-2003, 06:05 PM
I'll buy both...

Banthaholic
03-13-2003, 06:16 PM
Looks like I'll be buying both, it's kinda a cool nostalgic way of keeping the debate going for years.

RooJay
03-13-2003, 08:12 PM
I'll be buying the blue one only since it has always looked blue to me (even looking at it now on my VCR). Accurate to the actual costume in real life or not - it's always been blue to me.

It'd be just my luck though that Hasbro will release them one at a time - brown first - I'll pass and wait for the blue one, which of course will come and go without me ever seeing it on the shelves and I'll end up with neither.:rolleyes:

mark2d2
03-13-2003, 08:23 PM
Blue.

It's just so much more fashion forward.

And sure enough --- the whole vintage nostolgia thing helps . . . :D

LusiferSam
03-13-2003, 11:16 PM
Because I'm a vintage collector, I'll go with blue. And I've always thought Han's coat looked blue in the film.

JediTricks
03-14-2003, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
If they offered a goofy posed version vs. a neutrally posed version, then I'd take the neutral pose. I have to admit, we already have the POTF2 version in almost this exact same pose which is fairly useless for regular posing. I would much rather have a well-articulated neutral version.

I probably won't bother with the blue version, but I'll get suckered into the brown one.

aceguide
03-14-2003, 08:38 AM
I'll get the first one I see.

Although I would prefer blue.

badtaste
03-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I'll get the green one...

jjreason
03-14-2003, 01:25 PM
I have the brown one from POTF2, so I'd prefer blue. Since I'll be getting them from KebCo, it'll be up to them. If I wind up with another brown one, I'll likely try to track down the blue one later.

Greyfolk
03-16-2003, 01:30 PM
I'll get brown.. I think it is supposed to be brown. I too like Hasbro's willingness to make both. If I'm feeling rich, I will buy both. But chances are i'll be poor, so brown it is.

InsaneJediGirl
03-16-2003, 07:24 PM
I personally like the blue one so I'll get that first.If something posseses me..I'll buy both:D

Kidhuman
03-16-2003, 08:39 PM
Both........ but blue first since that what I always thought it should have been.

James Boba Fettfield
03-16-2003, 09:25 PM
Whichever one I can find. Don't give a **** what color it is.

bigbarada
03-16-2003, 11:52 PM
IF he wasn't in such a crappy pose and IF he didn't have an action gimmick, I would take the blue one hands down.

Accuracy... smaccuracy....for 23 years Han's coat has been blue in my eyes, based solely on the vintage action figure. Besides if he color coordinates himself to all the rebels then how can he stand out as the lovable rogue we all know and love?:D

QLD
03-17-2003, 01:38 AM
I guess blue......

But I wish they didn't make him with "saddle sore" action. :rolleyes: