PDA

View Full Version : i don't remember the last new figure i bought....

fourtwo
03-13-2003, 04:01 PM
and thats sad.
:(
i think it was endor soldier, and that was a while ago...i hope we get some new stuff soon.
:cry:

seth_quinn
03-13-2003, 04:22 PM
ya know? I got the dlx gen w/pod a few weeks ago and bought most of the figs from the pilots/ephant waves in early Jan off ebay, but the last 3.75's I bought here were the bespin figs before thanksgiving. it does look like some of the new stuff is going to make it here, it'll just be awhile - think of it as extra time to save for a shopping spree. anyone see the pic of that tri-logo gunship pilot? I'd love to know where that was found.

Imperial Loyalist
03-13-2003, 05:08 PM
I cheat and go to toy stores that sell American carded stuff or American stuff of the net...

But its expensive and inconveniant...

Any ideas on when the next couple waves are out?

seth_quinn
03-13-2003, 07:28 PM
shops around here are getting the new stuff in too, some a fairly reasonable prices, but nothing confirmed for the major outlets, probably may. I've talked to a few people at hasbro but they keep referring me to someone else that takes about a week to return the call. I personally find the shops convenient, but just too expensive, everytime I break down and buy now, items hit the shelves here soon after so I think I'm gonna wait it out for the most part and fill in the gaps later.

Jerjerrod
03-13-2003, 10:36 PM
My last big store figure wasn't even a figure, it was the TRU X-Wing. And before that, it was... the...............oh, I remember now, it was Kit Fisto. :rolleyes:

But I made countless purchases on ebay for older stuff and comic stores for newer stuff. :(

jjreason
03-14-2003, 12:48 AM
I just bought Carl a Djas Puhr last week! For me though, the last new figure I bought at retail would have been a bunch of extra Geos and Royal Guards from Zellers during the post Christmas sell-off. Time for another sale, they've got about 3 of each peggin' it right now!

mabudonicus
03-14-2003, 11:06 AM
Yeah, the last figure I actually bought here was Bespin Darth IIRC... (I'm not a completist, so I could've gotten lots more, but said "meh" instead)....he's still for sale, if you want him...
I still can't get over how JJ's zellers scoops the one here though... hope there's a "magic" zellers in nanaimo, man!!

jjreason
03-14-2003, 01:14 PM
Hehehehe....not magic, Carl - just no other interested buyers! Seriously, man, the only interest in Star Wars here was a couple of kids the day they had them first released (way, way after April 14th, by the way) and they were on the front page of the flyer. That was it. I couldn't even find any figs higher than the first few in PR, I had to drive and hour and a half to get Dooku!!!! Up here, it really pays to call ahead!

fourtwo
03-14-2003, 03:28 PM
i only found one dooku, and my friend who was with me bought it. i got the yoda that day though
:D

jjreason
03-14-2003, 06:36 PM
I had a tough choice....they had one Dooku, one Yoda, and one HD Anakin. Back in the day, those were the toughies, no doubt. I picked Dooku, but had already made a deal to get the other two so it was a bit of a no brainer.

fourtwo
03-14-2003, 10:35 PM
i bought something new finally.
a momaw nadon cantina set for 2 bucks.
bumped in to the webmaster from snowtroopers today as well. things are dry, apperntly lots of people are loosing interst
:rolleyes:

Jerjerrod
03-15-2003, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by fourtwo
bumped in to the webmaster from snowtroopers today as well. things are dry, apperntly lots of people are loosing interst
:rolleyes:

Sad to hear that Canadians are losing interest. Actually, this thread is kinda sad itself. Look at us, a bunch of grown ups talking about ancient figures like Dooku's and Yoda's and Kit Fisto's n' stuff. :cry: :D

C'mon hasbro, we canucks can use a little help right aboot now, eh?

fourtwo
03-15-2003, 04:10 AM
i saw a kit fisto the other day. not too many of those around latley. probably one of the best figs from the ep II line. first one i bought. i made a half inebriated run to get it 5 mins before the store closed
:D