PDA

View Full Version : Top 5 Most Wanted Future Figure Re-Issues??

Beast
03-14-2003, 04:44 AM
Have a hole in your collection? Somthing that eluded you at retail in the past, and now your reluctant to buy for a mark-up? Hasbro is gonna start trying to stand true to the "Everyone who wants a figure, will get a figure" policy. They plan to start looking at the collecting community, so see what figures are good choices. Since we know they read the boards, let's try to point them in the right direction. Here's what they told GH on the subject. :)

On rereleases of figures from 1995-2002:
Hasbro plans to stand true to its “everyone that wants a figure will get a figure” policy. What does this mean? Basically, if there are figures people don’t presently have, they will try to release them until they can sell no more. Ephant Mon should appear again in the future, and while there are no plans to release the Masters of the Dark Side Darth Vader on a Saga card in the immediate future, don’t count it out.

As stated before, Hasbro will put stands with the re-released figures, but, as you might expect, there’s a “but.” The stands on the previously released figures will be clear stands much like those packaged with the recent Sandtrooper army builder set—clear, oval, and nondescript. Since Hasbro is also striving to make these figures as close to identical to the originals as humanly possible, there is no reason for anybody but those looking for a complete carded set to rebuy all the rereleases. Future rereleases will continue to happen, and of course, fan rumblings will help to select just who we see again.
So with that in mind. And with the fact that Hasbro is re-issuing 5 figures in 2003, what are your top 5 choices that you would like to see Hasbro recard. Remeber, there would be no signifigant changes to the figures. As Hasbro is trying to help collectors with this, not make them buy more stuff. That's why they are coming with clear stands, and not special bases. With that in mind, here's my five choices. While I have all of them, I know many people don't. And I think they should have a chance to get them. :)

1. R2-D2 w/ Holographic Princess Leia
2. Admiral Motti
3. TC-14
4. R2-B1 & R2-R9* (2-Pack)
5. Naboo Royal Guard (Better yet, release this in 4-packs)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

*R2-R9: I figured this would be a fair way of re-releasing the hot pack-in droid from the Queen's Royal Starship. So many people wanted multiples of the droid. But with the high price of the Royal Starship it wasn't feasible for many.* :D

mark2d2
03-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Hmmmm, there isn't much missing in my collection, but here goes.

1) Leia (Hood up)
2) Admiral Motti
3) Gonk Droid with Jawa (who can't use another Jawa with the Sandcrawler)
4) R2-D2 w/Princess Leia hologram
5) R2-R9

I also think that if there are any figures that are truly hard to come by, it's these five . . .

Rogue II
03-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Assuming that there will be a Jawa packed in with the Sandcrawler or at least a Jawa Army builder set coming out.

1. Leia (Hood up) (CTC)
2. C-3PO from the MMC Capt Piett
3. TC-14
4. R2-B1 & R2-R9
5. R2-D2 w/ Holographic Princess Leia

Edit: I changed the C-3PO to Capt Piett because he would make a good army builder and customizing.

Kidhuman
03-14-2003, 08:49 AM
1. Sio Bibble
2.R2 w/ holo Leia
3. Leia hood up
4. R2-b1 & r2-r9
5.Admiral Motti

aceguide
03-14-2003, 09:36 AM
TC-14
Sio Bibble
R2/Leia
Motti
Clean/Dirty Scout Trooper 2 Pack

tgr3328
03-14-2003, 09:48 AM
I like these suggestions. These are all ones I have not been able to get, at least at a reasonable price.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Cantina Band member either!

tgr3328
03-14-2003, 09:52 AM
Except for the Scout Trooper and Jawa with Gonk Droid. I have them. The others are right on target for potential re-releases, as far as I am concerned.

Are the Jawas rare now? I remember when they had lots of them at TRU for $1.99!

Jerjerrod
03-14-2003, 12:34 PM
It seems many of us missed the POTF CTC line. That's an amazing relevation. As for my top 5, here goes:

1. Darth Vader - MOTDS
2. TC-14
3. R2-B1

I really only have 3, but if I had to pick 2 more:

4. POTJ Sandtrooper w/ orange pauldron (yes, I know there's a 4-pack)
5. CTC Stormtrooper (yes, I know there's a 4-pack)

Glitch
03-14-2003, 01:49 PM
1. Motti.
2. Masters of the Darkside 2 Pack.
3. Leia in da hood.
4. Naboo Royal Guard
5. Sio Bibble

Honorable mentions: Amidala with ascension gun, Darth Sidous (hologram), and Eopi with Qui-Gon.

aceguide
03-14-2003, 01:51 PM
In reading some of the later thoughts I like the idea of seeing the cantina band members redone. Max Reebo would be cool too.

Prince Xizor
03-14-2003, 01:57 PM
Since I started collecting later than most, I could make a page and a half of figures that I want. But my top 5 would be:

1) Prince Xizor :D
2) Commtech Stormtrooper
3) R2 w/ Leia
4) Naboo Guard
5) Dash Rendar (maybe articulate it more)

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 02:55 PM
1. Sio Bibble
2. Darth Vader MOTDS
3. Commtech R2-D2 w/ holo Leia
4. Naboo Royal Guard
5. POTJ Coruscant Guard

tgr3328
03-14-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Prince Xizor
Since I started collecting later than most, I could make a page and a half of figures that I want. But my top 5 would be:

1) Prince Xizor :D
2) Commtech Stormtrooper
3) R2 w/ Leia
4) Naboo Guard
5) Dash Rendar (maybe articulate it more)

Most of the figures discussed here are hard to find, but I did not know that Xizor was that rare. Many people slam Ebay, but I have found some good buys there. For a lot of items, the bid price tends to fluctuate. If you check back periodically, you can find a decent price.

Of course, maybe you are talking about a resculpt. They could give Xizor a real weapon and get rid of his twin fans of death! :p

Adam
03-14-2003, 03:26 PM
It does my heart well to hear that I am not the only one missing Motti, Leia with hood up and Artoo w/ Holo Leia.. My list is exactly like JJB's except the Naboo Royal Guard is replaced with Hood Leia.

KingOfSting
03-14-2003, 04:15 PM
1.)MOTDS Darth Vader
2.)Admiral Motti
3.)Pit Droid 2-pack
4.)TC-14
5.)R2-B1

Honorable Mentions: Darth Sidious (Holo), Amidala w/ Ascension Gun, Princess Leia w/ Hood Up, Sio Bibble and in terms of vehicles, most definitely the Y-Wing.

187-Maul
03-14-2003, 05:29 PM
my problem with missing figs lies more in the POTF2 collection and not the latest E1 figs so here's my list

1) Zuckuss
2) Ishi Tib
3) Ree-yees
4) C-3PO with remov. limbs
5) Leia in Boushh Disguise

although I'd rather want a resculpt of number 4 (actually just a good new OT C-3PO) and 5

Uki
03-24-2003, 01:57 PM
Let me just say this--Han Solo on Tauntaun Beast Pack.

The MOTDS pack would be good too, as well as the Obi-Wan vs. Maul pack. And those accessory sets drom Ep. I that seemed to make it only in europe (hyperdrive repair, Tatooine disguise...)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-24-2003, 02:19 PM
Release figures previously only available with ships/beasts/figure cases.

1. imperial scanning crew member from millennium falcon figure case
2. r2-r9
3. wedge antilles from millennium falcon figure case

and then always some army builders

4. scout troopers (I want hundreds)
5. death star troopers with imperial officer bodies -- easy to do for hasbro, no resculpting or remolding, just a switcherooney!

:D

Amy
03-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Motti
TC-14
Sio Bibble
Captain Piett
Death Star Droid