PDA

View Full Version : How did I miss this?

bkeddinger
03-14-2003, 08:14 AM
I was strolling through my local comic shop, when to my suprise, I noticed a POTJ figure that looked unfamiliar to me. I've got them all, I thought, so I stepped closer. Guess what, I didn't have them all. Here was a POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi (JEDI). How did I miss this. I immediately went home and examined my shelf. Nope, he wasn't there. So I went back and picked him up. Now I've got them all, I think! Does this kind of stuff happen to anybody else? Was this figure of limited release, it's cost seemed to indicate otherwise (relatively cheap at $8.99). Maybe I just got careless and missed one? Who knows... I'm just glad it didn't cost me more than it did.:)

Kidhuman
03-14-2003, 08:56 AM
Sometimes you just miss stuff. Sometimes stores sell out quick. I have missed alot of things and had to get them elsewhere. My guess it happens frequently

Jerjerrod
03-14-2003, 12:04 PM
Chocobi-wan (The figure you just picked up) was one of the first figures of the POTJ line. Not a bad piece, but people around here get hungry when talking about him.

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 03:03 PM
I still need the Obi-Wan Kenobi (jedi-young) figure. Have not found one yet!!!

JediTricks
03-14-2003, 09:07 PM
Actually, that fig is far and away my least-favorite POTJ fig. Worst version of Ep 1 Obi-Wan too. Pretty sad when a Darth Maul and an Obi-Wan come out at the same time and Maul isn't the worst piece in the case.

El Chuxter
03-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Actually, that fig is far and away my least-favorite POTJ fig. Worst version of Ep 1 Obi-Wan too.

Is this your overall least favorite, or your least favorite not counting "Turtleneck Maul"? I thought this Obi was pretty mediocre, but not nearly as bad as that funky concept Maul garbage. At least mine can be displayed getting his butt kicked by Concept Stormie soon. :D

JediTricks
03-14-2003, 09:29 PM
I kinda like Concept Maul; sure he's EU, but at least he's got a fairly neutral pose for Plo Koon to kick the behind of. ;) http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/plo-maul/

Beast
03-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Pretty much, the entire first wave of POTJ was pretty horrid. They could have made a few changes to the 4 they chose, and they would have been great.

Anakin: Pod Race Mechanic - Perfect opertunity to have stuck his damn helmet with him. But instead we got a little goofy tool. Now that were on E2 figures, it's going to be a toughie to convince Hasbro to release a decent Anakin: Pod Pilot. Unless they ever dig up their Pod Pilot 2-Pack idea. :p

Obi-Wan: Jedi Knight - Funny he's listed as a knight, yet they left the padawan braid. Even though he's supposed to be from the end of the film, during the Celebration. If they wanna do one of Qui or Obi in their robes, they should do one like the Darth Sidious E1 figure. Sculpted robes. :)

R2-D2: Naboo Escape - They should have taken a page from R2-M9 from the Queen's Royal Starship. And made him with an extendable middle leg and his power harness. The little wheels on the bottem, were pretty cool though. But we still don't have a good R2-D2: Queen's Royal Starship droid. :)

Darth Maul: Final Duel - If they wanted to do another Darth Maul. There were better choices then pretty much altering the 2-pack figure and slapping him on a card. They could have made a decent holographic Maul. Or a non-action posed cloaked Maul. Of course that's just me. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

187-Maul
03-16-2003, 07:04 AM
I actually really like the R2, he's a normal R2 with some damage, extended middle leg and NO action features or anything attached

OC47150
03-19-2003, 04:40 PM
I have to agree with 187-Maul. The POTJ R2 is one of the better ones. I bought several when they were marked down at KB and customized them. Drubbed light brown paint on R2 to give him a dirty, worn desert look.