PDA

View Full Version : Whaddya think of the teaser poster?

El Chuxter
11-13-2001, 03:06 PM
Check it out:

http://starwars.com/episode-ii/news/2001/11/news20011112b_1.html

Thoughts?

And while we're at it, is there anyone else who's avoiding spoilers and has watched the trailers? And if so, what did you think?

master jedi
11-13-2001, 04:46 PM
This image has been out awhile and I think it's good but not great. They could've made it much more teaserific IMO.

BountyHunter
11-13-2001, 06:23 PM
Yeah, I liked the poster, but, I thought that it wasn't not against the code for a Jedi to love, is it?

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by BountyHunter
Yeah, I liked the poster, but, I thought that it wasn't not against the code for a Jedi to love, is it?

Love a good back rub, no.

Love a woman, yes.

I thought the poster was OK in that I've seriously needed a SW fix for awhile. It goes along with G.Lu when he said that the second movie is a love story. He sure didn't play it up in either of the trailers other than the brief Anakin/Padme spit-swap.

I wonder how much they'll go for on ebay?

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 06:04 AM
2 words: "f-" and "eh". FEH! ;)

(I don't think much of it one way or the other really, it doesn't grab me though)

bigbarada
11-14-2001, 08:52 AM
In a bizarre twist considering how well I usually take Star Wars news, I don't like it! In fact my brother kept telling me that it was the teaser weeks ago but I didn't believe him. I thought Lucasfilm would do a better job on the teaser considering how cool the Ep1 teaser was. I still don't understand why Anakin has a lightsaber blade coming out of his gut!

Oooh how can this be? I actually don't like a new piece of Star Wars. I feel so strange. I feel dizzy! I must sit down (oh wait, I'm already sitting down). I must lie down!:dead:

El Chuxter
11-14-2001, 11:52 AM
Hello. My name is El Chuxter. I'm better known as the only guy who thinks this teaser trailer rules!

:Pirate: Avast ye scurvy dogs! That Padme be a saucy wench, she be. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!
Okay, I'll shut up now. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
11-14-2001, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Hello. My name is El Chuxter. I'm better known as the only guy who thinks this teaser trailer rules!

:Pirate: Avast ye scurvy dogs! That Padme be a saucy wench, she be. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!
Okay, I'll shut up now. :rolleyes: Wow, that's fascinating Chux... of course, it has nothing to do with THIS thread :D This thread is about the poster!:stupid:

Rollo Tomassi
11-15-2001, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Wow, that's fascinating Chux... of course, it has nothing to do with THIS thread :D This thread is about the poster!:stupid:

And HE'S the one who started it, so you'd think HE would know...:rolleyes: :D

El Chuxter
11-16-2001, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Wow, that's fascinating Chux... of course, it has nothing to do with THIS thread :D This thread is about the poster!:stupid:

Yeah it does. It was an unsuccessful attempt at humorously saying, "Golly gee gosh, I think I'm the only one who likes the poster." :)

On a side note (lest ye think this be off topic as well), I set the poster as wallpaper on my computer. I think it really recreates the giddy feeling of anticipation that the TPM teaser did, but at the same time focuses on the love story and how different AOTC will be from TPM.

SithDroid
02-05-2002, 12:39 AM
The poster is TOO simple unlike the EP I teaser that was just plain cool. I have one, but I think the version B will be way better.

2-1B
02-05-2002, 03:31 AM
I was never opposed to the teaser poster, I just didn't think it fit well with the title. If Rick McCallum was accurate in stating that the title would reflect Anakin's struggles, there might have been potential.
Mixing "attack" and "clones" with a tagline of tragic romance doesn't do it for me.

If the clonetroopers looked like Stormtroopers, they could have done a nice teaser showcasing both the title and the titular characters. There would exist built in familiarity. The unspoiled would go in thinking of the troopers as the bad guys, and the irony of the title might be vindicated.

Rollo Tomassi
02-05-2002, 05:56 AM
Did I mention I've got dibs on the banner at work?:D

Did I mention I've posted over 1000 times?:D

Lord Skywalker
02-05-2002, 09:09 PM
Hmmmm, teaser poster?

Rollo teasing us about posts?

JediTricks, posting about El Chuxters post NOT posting about the poster?!?!?!

Ah, OK I forgot where I was going with this.:crazed:

But, trust me, it was both IRONIC and FUNNY.

Rollo Tomassi
02-06-2002, 09:52 PM
I never eat Post Grape Nuts for breakfast. Ewwww. yuck.

I stick with Wheaties, Corn Chex, and Golden Grahams. I also make a lot of french toast, pancakes, waffles, eggs ,sausage, etc. That sort of thing. I like breakfast!:p (Slurp!):happy: MMMMMMMM!

JediTricks
02-07-2002, 02:39 AM
I repeat my first post in this thread: feh! ;)

Beast
02-07-2002, 02:51 AM
I like it, I think the actual release poster will be more along the lines of what those of you that don't like the teaser poster. I think it's fine, captures the whole love plotline between Anakin and Padme wonderfully. It doesn't go as well when matched up with the title, but it still looks sweet to me.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks