PDA

View Full Version : Lost footage forever...Count Dooku vs Yoda

TheDarthVader
03-14-2003, 09:57 PM
I am a little upset. I know that they had footage of Count Dooku using a blue lightsaber against Yoda. (Thus, two lightsabers). I know the footage is somewhere out there. Does anyone know where I could download this special footage? We see a peek of Dooku using the sabers in the special features part of the DVD... he kinda throws it. And I just saw (on a CCG card that I got) Count Dooku holding TWO lightsabers. Will we ever see this footage?????

Beast
03-14-2003, 10:06 PM
Lucas has said, time and again that you won't see scene trims in the deleted scenes, unless they are important storyline wise. The saber duels in TPM and AOTC all have small trims from them. Maul and Qui-Gon in the desert, when Maul jumps up on the ramp of the ship and they continue to fight is one of the big ones.

The 2 sabers stuff, from what I understand, turned out looking a bit silly. With Yoda being so short with his short saber, Dooku should have easily been able to beat him with two lightsabers. Plus from what I hear, it's not as great as you think. Dooku calls Anakin's other saber, fights Yoda for a bit until Yoda slices it in half. :)

Unless Lucas decides to release all of this stuff on a future supplement disc, they likely won't ever see the light of day. Be happy your seeing any deleted scenes. Before DVD, Lucas was against releasing anything that was cut from the films. That's why the cut ANH, ESB, and ROTJ scenes don't appear on VHS or Laserdiscs. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
03-14-2003, 11:24 PM
Talk to that Stiff D. fellow, he seems to be in pretty tight with George Lucas.

mini-rock
03-15-2003, 06:16 AM
Watching the Yoda/ Dooku duel I always wondered where the "2 sabers" thing fit in. Was it right after Dooku said "This is just the beggining?"

TheDarthVader
03-16-2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Watching the Yoda/ Dooku duel I always wondered where the "2 sabers" thing fit in. Was it right after Dooku said "This is just the beggining?"

Great question! I have no idea.

mini-rock
03-17-2003, 12:00 AM
It seemed to me that would be where it would fit in since Dooku holds out his hand like he was calling an object (saber) but I guess if it were true then we'd have to wonder how he gets that pillar to fall.:)

TheDarthVader
03-26-2003, 06:58 PM
Here is a good pic of that ccg card I was talking about You can see dooku holding 2 lightsabers. one red, one blue :)

LTBasker
03-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Before DVD, Lucas was against releasing anything that was cut from the films. That's why the cut ANH, ESB, and ROTJ scenes don't appear on VHS or Laserdiscs.

Ok, so why aren't we getting the original trilogy on DVD and why did TPM have scene trims reinstalled? ;) Yeah they were cutscenes, but they only put in some trims of them in the film.

I feel sorry for Christopher Lee's fight double, I mean not only did he have to make up a fight with a CGI Yoda, but he also had to go from red with blue saber duel, red with green saber duel and then to just the single saber duel. :crazed:

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 09:22 AM
Yea what a jipp.

Darkross
03-27-2003, 11:47 AM
Now this all makes sense now...after watching the behind the scenes footage on the EII DVD...I was wondering why Dooku was weilding two sabers when we didn't see it in the film.

Jayspawn
03-28-2003, 01:51 AM
Yes, we got ripped off of a cool little fight scene.

mini-rock
03-28-2003, 02:00 AM
Hopefully when the AE's are released we will get that little bit back with other deleted scenes as an extra. Even if they couldn't get Yoda quite right.:)

TheDarthVader
03-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Amen! We should get to see this! I don't care how crappy the scene with Yoda looked. I want to see Dooku use 2 sabers! This card and behind the scenes footage just teases me!!

evenflow
03-31-2003, 08:37 AM
Honestly, I think Lucas should calm himself. He knows we all want to see this stuff, why not put it as bonus stuff on the DVD's. I wanted to hear the story of the "Lost Jedi" and see the double saber duel. I want to see the sandstorm and Biggs converation with Luke. Come on George, show us.