PDA

View Full Version : Any other female users here?:)

Amy
03-15-2003, 04:26 AM
If so, please speak up! Its kinda hard to tell what sex a user is sometimes just going by their screen name, and I'm hoping I'm not alone as a female SW lover.:p

Well, I have been a Star Wars fan as long as I can remeber, and I'm sooo in love with the universe. I collect the toys as well, like crazy lol. Although I am in the middle of re-building most of my previous collection, which was lost in a fire.:(

I'm 19 now, and just got a computer last week. And dont cha know it, the first thing I searched for was Star Wars lol. I found these boards by simply searching 'figures'. I am sopoo happy to find this place, and be able to talk to fans as in love with SW as I am!:p Heck, I even love the NEW movies, which is a pretty rare thing from what I hear.:confused:

My hat is off to the people behind these boards, and keep everything afloat, because your doing a wonderful job!

(P.S, Many thanks go out to Mark2d2,Teeska Mon Eebon,and Fulit for making me feel welcome here:kiss: )

scruffziller
03-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Jedi Master Silas is if I am correct.

And welcome to the boards Amy....from a SW geeky guy!!!!:D

QLD
03-15-2003, 11:15 AM
You know, coming here and announcing you are female is like throwing a bucket of meat into shark infested waters. ;)

Regardless, welcome to the SSG. Hope you enjoy your stay.

The 'Xir
03-15-2003, 11:59 AM
LOL. True quite true QLD, Ahh but we'll go easy on her! ;)
No seriously, It's nice to see the legion of women fans growing, slowly but growing none-the-less! Welcome to the boards Amy, and I hope you find your stay here shark free! :D
MTFBWY...Always! The 'Xir :cool:

Amy
03-15-2003, 12:30 PM
LOL!! Its ok to pick on me like one of the guys, I really dont mind.:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2003, 12:41 PM
LOL That was hilarious QLD!!! I nearly fell off my chair.

Welcome to SSG Forums though, Amy!!! Since i believe Jar Jar isn't online, lemme be the first to offer you your complimentary duct taped welcome basket w/ free Episode I Jar Jar Binks figure!!

Other than that, enjoy your stay. Cheers!! :D

LTBasker
03-15-2003, 12:44 PM
I think InsaneJediGirl is female as well..

It's weird, no matter how many are ever seen, it's still suprising when another female SW geek pops up. :crazed:

Welcome, btw. :D

Lord Malakite
03-15-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Amy
LOL!! Its ok to pick on me like one of the guys, I really dont mind.:)

Actually, I don't think QLD meant you were going to be picked on. I believe QLD was referring to the fact that you'll probably get hit on. :eek:

As for me, I am a guy that has been described as a girl on many occasions. :D I scream like one. :p I run like one. :happy: Even occasionally I wear high heel shoes like one in stores just for kicks. :confused: Its worth it to see the reaction on the employee's and other customer's faces. :cool:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
I wear high heel shoes like one in stores just for kicks. :confused: Its worth it to see the reaction on the employee's and other customer's faces. :cool:

I'm a lumberjack, and i'm ok, i sleep all night and i work all day, i wear high heels, suspenders and a bra, i wish i'd been a girlie, just like my dear, pa pa!! :crazed: (monty python) :D

James Boba Fettfield
03-15-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm growing out long hair like a female. Maybe a mullet. Shave the sides, too. It's like having the best of both worlds.

As for the other women/girls here, Deoxyribonucleic (sp?) is of that gender, as well. Yeah, and I can testify for LM's sissy like behavior.

Tycho
03-15-2003, 01:31 PM
Welcome Amy, and if I ever "hit on you," I promise it will include an invitation to come on over to my place to see my Star Wars collection, LOL.

Actually, the invitation's open to all of you folks if you're coming out to California for San Diego's Comic Con this summer.

(but I'm not hitting on you! It's more like inviting you over to see (and praise or criticize) my over-grown collection and have one of those "what are we going to do with our lives after Episode 3?" discussions. Hehe.

But I'm glad you found the site Amy, and talk to InsaneJediGirl, she's really cool, and JediMasterSilas is also a nice forums member here.

Amy
03-15-2003, 01:44 PM
LOL!!! YOU GUYS HAVE ME ROLLING LOL!

It kinda shocks me that you dont see too many female collectors here however. Star Wars is something EVERYONE should love!:frus: But hey, their lose aye?:p

Lord_Malakite-Well, we can run and scream together when need be! lol

Tycho-Now thats a sure fire why to get a girl to come over!!!! That would work for me at least, seeing how big your.....collection is!!:evil:

Darth Sidious
03-15-2003, 02:05 PM
Even occasionally I wear high heel shoes like one in stores just for kicks.

:eek: Umm...wow...That's...err...fine, Lady Malakite. :D Oh, and welcome Amy.

2-1B
03-15-2003, 03:13 PM
If this were SirSteve's Guide to Rocky Horror, we'd have many more "girls" here. :crazed:

CloneTrooperMace
03-15-2003, 03:54 PM
Hey Amy
PM my sis InsaneJediGirl if you want to talk to another Star wars Geek girl.She has tons of star wars stuff so you too mite get along.

r2dee2
03-15-2003, 04:13 PM
Amy, welcome to the forum. There are many forums out there, but SSG is one of the best :cool:

I'm a female SW collector as well, but I'm an "old" one, so I don't have to worry about being hit on :D

There seems to be a LOT of female SW fans, just not that many female SW collectors .

Amy
03-15-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by r2dee2
Amy, welcome to the forum. There are many forums out there, but SSG is one of the best :cool:

I'm a female SW collector as well, but I'm an "old" one, so I don't have to worry about being hit on :D

There seems to be a LOT of female SW fans, just not that many female SW collectors .

Oh cool theres one!:D Hi r2dee2!:) I think you might be right, its not that theres a lack of female fans, but female collectors instead. Good call. None of my girlfriends collect, but they all are fans of the movies(no where near my level hehe):D

Whenever I invite a date in, they are always pretty takin back by my hobby lol. Hell, the first thing you see when you walk through the front door is a stand-up Boba Fett!:p

QLD
03-15-2003, 05:11 PM
I should have known Tycho would have been the first to do it, but probably only because Dar'Lene wasn't here in time. :crazed:

Check out r2dee2's collection pictures, she has a huge, and unique collection. Definately one of my favorites I have seen on here.

CTM, IJG is your sister???? I couldn't tell the family resemblance. She is such an excellent speller.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Amy

Whenever I invite a date in, they are always pretty takin back by my hobby lol. Hell, the first thing you see when you walk through the front door is a stand-up Boba Fett!:p

woah woah woah!! A SW geek actually HAVING a date?!?!? Just gimme a sec to see if i get this....SW geek.....date.......date...SW Geek.....i'm truly shocked!! :crazed:

actually, my former g/f of 4 years HATED my hobby of collecting...she used to get really embarassed when i'd drag her into Toys R Us's and other shops.....which is why i would stall for like an hour, just wandering up and down the same aisle. ;)

But after years and years, my friends/dates have finally accepted it and actually look for stuff when they're out for me. It's darn near utopia! :D cheerio!!!

Amy
03-15-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
woah woah woah!! A SW geek actually HAVING a date?!?!? Just gimme a sec to see if i get this....SW geek.....date.......date...SW Geek.....i'm truly shocked!! :crazed:

Hey!!! I'm not a female version of the comic book guy on the Simpsons or something lol, I'm 19 of course I date.;)(Yes I know you where just kidding)

Your former girlfriend is missing out IMO. If only I could find someone with the same hobby as me.:mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2003, 08:12 PM
Hehehhehehe Yeah, I was kidding, but it is obvious there is a stereotype against the SW fans or just collectors in general. There are labels galore against us...if only the regular folks knew of our plans to rise out of the ashes and take over...hmmmmm muahhahahahahahahhaahah!!!!!! :evil:

The girl i'm "seeing" now bought me a Legolas figure for me to open and display along with the Duff Tavern, Marvel Legends Hulk and Dooku/yoda Fighting i have dispalyed on my shelf over my PC here at school. I think i'm going to ask her to marry me...hehehe Nothing more adorable than two geeks in geek love...(sigh) hehehehehehe cheerio!! :D

2-1B
03-15-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Your former girlfriend is missing out IMO. If only I could find someone with the same hobby as me.:mad:

Now THAT is akin to dumping fish guts in the water ! :crazed:

Amy
03-15-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
Hehehhehehe Yeah, I was kidding, but it is obvious there is a stereotype against the SW fans or just collectors in general. There are labels galore against us...if only the regular folks knew of our plans to rise out of the ashes and take over...hmmmmm muahhahahahahahahhaahah!!!!!! :evil:

The girl i'm "seeing" now bought me a Legolas figure for me to open and display along with the Duff Tavern, Marvel Legends Hulk and Dooku/yoda Fighting i have dispalyed on my shelf over my PC here at school. I think i'm going to ask her to marry me...hehehe Nothing more adorable than two geeks in geek love...(sigh) hehehehehehe cheerio!! :D

I truthfully dont see that many Star Wars bashers here in Oklahoma. Although If your a Treky, or hot wheels collector look out.:rolleyes:

Which I find so stupid. EVERYONE has a hobby, and why do some feel the need to trash others enjoyment, then turn around and break an arm in two while doing what they love, skate boarding lol(nothing against them, its just an exsample, honost)

I have seen collectors give my hobby a bad name before, like buying EVERYONE of the same figure, or talking a CHILD into giving them the figure they are holding.:rolleyes: (I see this alot, because right now I'm working at a Wal-Mart)

Anywhoo, was that a Two Towers Legolas she bought you??? I have been looking high and low for that darn figure! :o How is it? And are you serious about poping the big question??????:eek: If so, thats sooooooooooo cool!!!!!!! If you really want to geek out though, you should have the Anakin/Padme wedding song! LOL.

Caesar-Ok, I want to meet someone that shares my hobby thats NOT from the internet then:p

Lord Malakite
03-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Amy
Lord_Malakite-Well, we can run and scream together when need be! lol

Tycho-Now thats a sure fire why to get a girl to come over!!!! That would work for me at least, seeing how big your.....collection is!!:evil:

Alright then, I'll just get a pair of high heel shoes and will be on my way. :p

There is no need to see how big Tycho's collection is. I've already seen it. It amounts to nothing more than a mouse droid. :D

darthvyn
03-15-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by Amy
And are you serious about poping the big question??????:eek: If so, thats sooooooooooo cool!!!!!!! If you really want to geek out though, you should have the Anakin/Padme wedding song! LOL.

well, seeing as how we know how THAT romance will end up, i don't think it'd bode too well for their union... ;)

welcome!

where is that "jaws" music coming from?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2003, 11:14 PM
LOL I think the bashing is pretty much tame here in Ohio, i'm just talking about society in general, I guess. Usually when i see other collectors around Columbus (when i actually get there to hunt) or any place in Ohio, we tend to try to help each other out as much as we can. We're all in this to have a good time, so it makes sense to be civil to each other...except for them Hot Wheel Collectors, I mean, they're cars!!! lol just playin'....we collect plastic toys for petes sake! :crazed:

As for the bad name given to some collectors you are referring to scalpers, and they are very much disliked on the boards. You'll run into them from time to time and you'll hear stories about tricking them into buying pegwarmers to put on ebay, which'll never sell, but for the most part, i just leave them be. There are cases of fights breaking out, but c'mon, you'll find what you want eventually. The best you can do is possibly report it to a manager, who will prolly do nothing, but for the most part, it's useless. You can't change them, you just gotta keep on hunting.

Lastly, yeah, it was a TTT Legolas!!! I'm in school now (finals next week) and then spring break. I plan to hunt like a mad man though, so if i stumble upon any extra Legolas', i'll pick it up for ya! As for the big question, nah, i was only playin'. I'm only 21 and the M word this young freaks me out!! Plus, she hasn't seen ONE Star Wars movie, so we're gonna try to watch the entire Saga thus far over break. After that, hopefully she'll understand me a bit better... lol....hehehehhehehehehehehe Cheerio!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-15-2003, 11:17 PM
There is no need to see how big Tycho's collection is. I've already seen it. It amounts to nothing more than a mouse droid. :D

Oh no, i should've guessed that it was only a matter of time before the mouse droid was brought up. (sigh) Poor new members to the SSG, they really have no idea what they're in for. :D

Porcelina
03-16-2003, 12:37 AM
i'm a girl! i'm a girl!

teehee

(with a name like mine, you should bloody well hope so, eh?)

Dr Zoltar
03-16-2003, 02:07 AM
Amy,

I think there are a lot more women Star Wars fans than you think. A good college female friend of mine collects the vintage toys. I just have to steer her to this site to start posting.

I just think a lot more of us guys post. And it seems to be a little more socially acceptable to be a male "geek". Heck, even I get jokingly picked on for my "habit." When I was moving into my new place my friends thought it would be funny on all my moving boxes that were labeled "Actions Figure" to cross them all out and write "Dolls". Oh well. Because of my habit I got my picture in one of the issues of Star Wars Insider so I don't feel too bad.

2-1B
03-16-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Dr Zoltar
Because of my habit I got my picture in one of the issues of Star Wars Insider so I don't feel too bad.

Cool!
Which issue? :)

Tycho
03-16-2003, 07:51 AM

No, no, no. DARTH MOUSE is THE premier Mouse Droid that all others are envious of!

And that is to say nothing about my 5 FOOT LONG Blockade Runner for my action figures to fight in :D

Attention Mouse Droid Sniffers' Association Members: prepare for possible mobilization. Arm the Magic Mushrooms! Flood Testors' Model Glue tubes 2 & 4.

187-Maul
03-16-2003, 08:43 AM
pretty surprising (or is it?) to see how a female collectors posts here and the thread already gets 31 replies (including this post) in just 1 day;)
BTW, welcome to the forums Amy and have a great time here:)

mabudonicus
03-16-2003, 12:28 PM
When are stillakid and Jedi Clint gonna get here?? Nothing like a Quote War:D to liven things up!!!
Here's one to get you started "A 2 party democracy is pretty much the biggest joke ever, from a political standpoint"

Anyways, my girlfriend is signed up here as JediElf, but she doesn't make it on very often, since we use the same computer she usually just looks while I'm logged in (and THERE's something for the rest of youse to quote, Caesar)
The geekdom bug cares not for gender or race or age, no-one is immune... Glad to see a thread where everybody is just putting their 2 cents worth in..... Welcome to the Forums, Amy, it's a truly great place for types like us!!!
Oh, PS, I have long hair, so I too could be mistaken for a woman (an UGLY woman, but hey) from a distance

InsaneJediGirl
03-16-2003, 12:38 PM
CTM, IJG is your sister???? I couldn't tell the family resemblance. She is such an excellent speller.

Thanks,I'm sure if CTM actually looked at his spelling words once in a while,he'd be pretty good too.:eek:

Anywho,Welcome to the forums Amy:DI would not take up that invite to Tychos house,he might get you hooked on mouse droid sniffing:D :D :D

scruffziller
03-16-2003, 01:10 PM
Alright then, I'll just get a pair of high heel shoes and will be on my way. :p

Please stop the insanity AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!:crazed:

Jargo
03-16-2003, 01:18 PM
If I'm not mistaken Uk forumite Kadamontaga is actually two people Katy and her beau who i forget the name of to my shame despite tlking with regularly in the just found UK section.
SW collectors cover many bases he said being diplomatic. girls and boys and girly boys. and probably boyish girls too. We fight we laff we scream we cry we all collect. interlinking figure bases across the world. One big famileeeeeee. :) Oh man that sounded so trite. :rolleyes: anyway AMY, you might want to check out the 'post a picture of yourself' thread here in the general section. You'll see what gorgeous people we all are there - well that's open to debate of course but that's where a lot of us have posted piccies of ourselves. It might help you get to know the crowd a bit better.

QLD
03-16-2003, 01:34 PM
Yeah, any pictures of you in leather would be ideal.

Thanks in advance.

WHAT????? My name is freakin' Quite-Long Dong!!!! What else did you expect me to say????? :crazed:

Lord Malakite
03-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
No, no, no. DARTH MOUSE is THE premier Mouse Droid that all others are envious of!

And that is to say nothing about my 5 FOOT LONG Blockade Runner for my action figures to fight in :D

Of course all others are envious of Darth Mouse, he's the only one you play with. :D

Are you certain you aren't over estimating the size of your Blockade Runner Tycho? Last time I checked Micro Machines didn't come in that size. :p

CloneTrooperMace
03-16-2003, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong

HAHA :frus: Yes,she is my Sister is there a problem?

QLD
03-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by CloneTrooperMace
HAHA :frus: Yes,she is my Sister is there a problem?

Uhhh.....no.....move along....nothing to see here....please don't beat me up sir. :crazed:

Amy
03-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Oh ok, I had no idea if you guys posted pictures of yourselfs or not, I have yet to see that thread. I am very pleased you do, since I would very much like to see who I'm talking to.:)

I reckon I can post mine, although the only one I have was taking about a month ago lol.

Kidhuman
03-16-2003, 07:54 PM
Just search the general discussion forum and you will find it. There is about 30 pages of pics. Welcome and enjoy

Lord Malakite
03-16-2003, 09:02 PM
Actually its in the "Other (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11248&highlight=Post+pictures)" forum.

Amy
03-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Actually its in the "Other (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=11248&highlight=Post+pictures)" forum.

Ohhhhhhhh thanks lol. I searched everywhere in the General Discussion hehe. We have some lookers here!:p

Emperor Howdy
03-17-2003, 02:19 AM
Hey, Amy. Yeah, I'm a girl. Glad to see another one here too. Gosh, these guys in here can be soooooo obnoxious. Let's loose 'em for a while. Hey!...better yet....you and I should get together next weekend and try on outfits, ok? Great! See you then!

**Emperor Howdy sneezes and wig flies off**

Ok, so I'll go ahead and PM you my num....

Huh? :sur:

What wig? :confused:

Oh.....*echem*....that one on the floor. :stupid:

Well....you see I........errrr......actually I........well......truthfully....I have.....no.....that's not it.....ummm.....

Aw, forget it! :mad:

Amy
03-17-2003, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by Emperor Howdy
Hey, Amy. Yeah, I'm a girl. Glad to see another one here too. Gosh, these guys in here can be soooooo obnoxious. Let's loose 'em for a while. Hey!...better yet....you and I should get together next weekend and try on outfits, ok? Great! See you then!

**Emperor Howdy sneezes and wig flies off**

Ok, so I'll go ahead and PM you my num....

Huh? :sur:

What wig? :confused:

Oh.....*echem*....that one on the floor. :stupid:

Well....you see I........errrr......actually I........well......truthfully....I have.....no.....that's not it.....ummm.....

Aw, forget it! :mad:

.........:sur: .................Ok!:D

Tonysmo
03-17-2003, 03:56 AM
freakin hilarous - thats what that was..

Welcome to the forums Amy...

(sniff.. ) I never got a huge welcome.. girls have all the fun..

James Boba Fettfield
03-17-2003, 04:05 AM
Hello Tonysmo. I hope my greetings to you haven't come 10 months too late.

kool-aid killer
03-17-2003, 08:15 AM
Welcome to the boards Amy.

Dr Zoltar
03-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Caesar,

Boy I don't post for a day and there's 2 pages worth of new posts to read under this topic alone!

Look at the ad in Insider issue 60, Page 25. There's a line of us outside a house. There's a girl standing on a box in the center of the photo. I'm the 2nd guy to the right of her, in Jedi garb. It's an ad for the Star Wars RPG.

scruffziller
03-18-2003, 02:55 PM
Check out the resemblence between The Empy and Freak!!!

Kidhuman
03-18-2003, 03:23 PM
Maybe a second job for him when he is not posting. Close resemblence.

Patient Zero
03-18-2003, 03:57 PM
*trying not to slip on the drool*

And I thought that this was getting disturbing before! :(

Dar' Argol
03-20-2003, 10:40 PM
Are you certain you aren't over estimating the size of your Blockade Runner Tycho? Last time I checked Micro Machines didn't come in that size. :p

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AH AH AH AH HA HA HA HA HHAHA HA HAH!!!!!!
That was pretty good there Malakite!!! Guys always over-emphasise(sp)

It was this big . . . really!!!
<----------------------------------------------------->

Reality
<------------->

he he he:D

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I should have known Tycho would have been the first to do it, but probably only because Dar'Lene wasn't here in time.

Hey HEY HEY!!!! What's that suppose to mean QLD?!?!?!?! Just because ONE time I mistoke Jonna for a female, just ONE TIME!!!! But that avatar he was useing did not make it any better. I wish I saved that avatar to explain myself. Jonna, you still have it???

AMY
Welcome to the boards. Its always a pleasure to see a lady admists the boys. In a hobby that is vastly rules by the boys, a different POV is very refreshing. Enjoy your time and remember, if you have any questions, any of the 5000 drooling guys you see around will be more then happy to assist you. :D

scruffziller
03-21-2003, 11:30 AM
Here you go Amy. Here is a picture you can use to wall paper your computer with.:)

Padme and Twins (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/fanart/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Prequels/Episode_3&image=ho-padme_and_twins.jpg&img=48&tt=)

Patient Zero
03-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol Hey HEY HEY!!!! What's that suppose to mean QLD?!?!?!?! Just because ONE time I mistoke Jonna for a female, just ONE TIME!!!! But that avatar he was useing did not make it any better. I wish I saved that avatar to explain myself. Jonna, you still have it???
[/COLOR] [/B]

I really don't know what you are talking about? Avatar? What avatar? Stop trying to cover up your true feelings for me! :evil: :eek:

Vortex
03-21-2003, 12:14 PM
Ahh the old blue avitar...the name Jonna...I fell into that tiget trap too :D to my shock and later horror:eek: now I'm just :frus: that Jonna is such a :confused: name...but I digress:zzz: and I can ;) about it now.

Patient Zero
03-21-2003, 12:28 PM
Jonna pronounced Jho-nna. The H is silent. Don't disregard your true feelings for me....but it was pretty funny at the time. :crazed:

Vortex
03-21-2003, 12:35 PM
sadly, I know how its pronouned, but I know more Jonna women then men...it happens its like kris, pat, aron, micha, I even know a woman who's name is micheal...and yes she goes by mikey.

Well I'm just glad you didn't ask for a foot rub:dead:

scruffziller
03-21-2003, 12:37 PM
I've never heard of the name till I got on this board.:(

Vortex
03-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Wasn't there a whale that swallowed a Jonna?

Patient Zero
03-21-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
Wasn't there a whale that swallowed a Jonna?

Exactly, but since I didn't want the religious conection to the name I changed the spelling. I just didn't know that anyone spelled it like that besides me. So I guess that I am stuck with a girl's name now! :( :rolleyes: ;)

Vortex
03-21-2003, 02:05 PM
That's alright, we still love ya 'round here. So was it all the flack that made you give up the ghost, so to speak, and get a new name or are you doing something like Prince did? The forum member formerly known as Jonna...

Patient Zero
03-21-2003, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
That's alright, we still love ya 'round here. So was it all the flack that made you give up the ghost, so to speak, and get a new name or are you doing something like Prince did? The forum member formerly known as Jonna...

I tried leaving a while back and they killed me before I got out the cyber door so now I am doomed to haunt this place. There is no keyboard, just the manipulation on 0s and 1s.

Vortex
03-21-2003, 02:30 PM
cool like ghost in the machine...

mylow thehutt
03-21-2003, 10:37 PM
welcome Amy:D :D I'm a guy also, don't know if you saw my pic,but it was the only one I had at the time :crazed: heh heh.:cool: cool: also the more I think about it other than these forums I don't know a single starwars fan except for one and shes a girl. :) just thought I throw that out there.

Dar' Argol
03-24-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
I really don't know what you are talking about? Avatar? What avatar? Stop trying to cover up your true feelings for me! :evil: :eek:

So, GoJ you still got it or not??? Don't make me search for it:evil:

Amy, So how have you enjoyed your time here so far??? Just wondering since the talk of blue Jonna avatars seem to have taken the thread, until Mylow that is . . . . . . .:D :D :D

Vortex
03-24-2003, 06:08 PM
(Heh, heh, heh...I got a new band name...The Blue Jonna Group...could also be a support group for people who were confused:D )

El Chuxter
03-24-2003, 07:23 PM
Wait a second. Jonna's a dude?

[El Chuxter furiously gargles mouthwash and spits into a toilet about fifteen or twenty times.]

Talk about your deja vu. ;)

(Sorry, just had to put something in red for old time's sake.)

Amy
03-24-2003, 10:34 PM
Hi mylow thehutt:) Thanks for the welcome!:D

Patient Zero
03-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
So, GoJ you still got it or not??? Don't make me search for it:evil:

Sorry, I never saved it. What were you REALLY going to do with it anyway? Attach it to the body of some female model!?! Sicko!!! :p ;) :(

Welcome Amy! We are not all as mad as we use to be, but I get a feeling that the elephant tranquilizers will wear off any time now. :D :rolleyes: :D

stillakid
03-25-2003, 11:35 PM
After reading a bunch of the posts here, I was reminded of something that I've noticed in my short 33 years on the planet. As entertaining as movies are, there is still nothing funnier than watching another guy try to pick up a girl. Han Solo even illustrates this in ESB when Lando comes into the room and starts puttin' the moves on a cleaned up Leia. :D

Anyway, welcome Amy! :)

Dar' Argol
04-01-2003, 09:37 PM
Well Jonna, I told you not to make me search for it. And after digging through some old threads I found the base pic. Now I do not have that actual avatar, but a re-production of it. I had to maniulate the original photo, much as you did, and tried to remember exactly what it looked like to get this. Ths is as close as I can get to defending myself for my mistake:D :D :D

BTW, you know I love you:kiss:

he he he

Rogue II
04-01-2003, 10:27 PM
I think Steven Tyler put it best when he said "D-D-D-Dude looks like a lady!":crazed: Either that, a member of the Cure.;)

Vortex
04-01-2003, 11:37 PM
needs more blue. Not sexy enough yet.

scruffziller
04-02-2003, 06:06 AM
Actually that was my last and only look at it.

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 11:29 AM
Well Jonna, I told you not to make me search for it. And after digging through some old threads I found the base pic. Now I do not have that actual avatar, but a re-production of it. I had to maniulate the original photo, much as you did, and tried to remember exactly what it looked like to get this. Ths is as close as I can get to defending myself for my mistake:D :D :D

BTW, you know I love you:kiss:

he he he

Man, that looks horrible! My face was all one shade of blue and my eyes were jet black with light reflecting off of them in the other pic.

So that is the pic that you went all weak in the knees for!?!:stupid: If that is your taste in men, I'd hate to see your taste in women. ;) :rolleyes:

darthvyn
04-02-2003, 11:50 AM
yeah, you definitely added the lipstick and eyeshadow... overcompensating, dar'? ;)

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 12:21 PM
Oh hummmm! I'll see if I can't recover the original pic from my home computer later tonight.

Patient Zero
04-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Now I now longer have the real final version, but this is as close as you are going to get. It is pretty close to what I originally posted a year ago. I just didn't save that version to my computer. Damn has it been that long. :(

Edit:
AAAAAAAAHHHHH! I just tried to attach it and it told me that I couldn't. The original is buried somewhere in the multiple personalities? thread.

Dar' Argol
04-09-2003, 12:06 AM
Here we go Jonna, I dug it out. Man, I was really off. Shows you how bad the memory can get:D

Patient Zero
04-09-2003, 12:10 PM
Here we go Jonna, I dug it out. Man, I was really off. Shows you how bad the memory can get:D

Ugh! What was I thinking? Should have let sleeping dogs lie...those damn mutts are always telling me fibs. :dead:

I should have just quit while I was ahead, shouldn't I!?! Welp, that's me...just a floating head.

Damn it, I did it again! don't bother getting up! I'll show myself out. :frus:

LTBasker
04-09-2003, 12:24 PM
Looks like an Andorian crossed with the Ghozer chick from Ghostbusters. :crazed:

Dar' Argol
04-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
yeah, you definitely added the lipstick and eyeshadow... overcompensating, dar'? ;)

Actually Vyn, that's the way the photo was. All i did was tint it blue. The eye shadow and lipstick was already there:D.

darthvyn
04-09-2003, 06:16 PM
i didn't say you added it with photoshop, you were his makeup artist at the time, remember? :crazed:

Patient Zero
04-10-2003, 10:18 AM
Sure, now he conviently forgets! I'm sure he also forgets how he use to wear that berret and silk scarf.

Dar' Argol
04-11-2003, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
Sure, now he conviently forgets! I'm sure he also forgets how he use to wear that berret and silk scarf.

What do you mean Use to?????

But now hopefully I can be vindicated a bit for that one small mistake. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaase????

JediCole
04-12-2003, 11:36 AM
Welcome to SSG, Amy!

Needless to say, Star Wars and especially Star Wars collecting seems to remain very male-centric, despite the increasing numbers of female fans. And of course SSG is not the only barometer from which to gague the number of female fan/collectors out there. It seems that no matter how well known this site becomes, I still find dozens of collectors who consider themselves "in the know" who have never heard of SSG, male and female. I do what I can to spread the word as I consider this the single best Star Wars collecting site. Not just for content but for ease of use and promotion of a collectiong community.

So a hearty welcome to this collecting community from an "Day One" collector (started with the Early Bird Set in 1977). The more collectors of either gender we can get to join us here the better!

And as for R2Dee2's comment much earlier in this thread, I guess I can understand what you mean about not getting hit on as there are few of us here over the age of 30, or so it seems. But from the standpoint of collecting, it is a promising phenomenon that so many collectors and fans are much younger than the first Star Wars film. That will always be the enduring strength of the saga and its collectibles!