PDA

View Full Version : S: the final resurrection

Starfig873
08-17-2001, 08:41 PM
Weeeeell, new board and all so I though I'd try my luck. I doubt this'll be the "final" resurrection but hey...I needed a title.

Enjoy this thread one and all for your thoughtless babble! :D

the master jedi
08-17-2001, 08:56 PM
Dang. Yo beat me to posting this thread. But what am I going to do.

Long live the letter S.

Starfig873
08-17-2001, 09:05 PM
What can I say...I am the parent of these fluke-ish threads so maybe its best I started it off..but its all good :)

And indeed S Forever!

JediTricks
08-18-2001, 12:05 AM
You can't spell SSG without the letter "S".

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 01:37 AM
You can't spell S tar WarS without the letterS either...

Long live the letter S

Darth Cruel
08-18-2001, 02:22 AM
You also can't spell poSt padding without the letter S.:)

Starfig873
08-18-2001, 07:23 AM
No...no I suppose you can't. :D

Eternal Padawan
08-18-2001, 10:20 AM
Cheer up Starfig, you can't spell Starfig without the letter S...:)

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 10:27 AM
...but you can spell bigbarada without it!!:p

the master jedi
08-18-2001, 11:02 AM
Not to beat a dead horse but you can't spell stloen screen name without the letter S.

QLD
08-18-2001, 05:33 PM
You can also spell Quite-Long Dong without S.

El Chuxter
08-20-2001, 10:43 AM
You can spell El Chuxter without an S, but you can't spell it phonetically without that sainted letter.

/el chuk Ster/

Mandalorian Candidat
08-20-2001, 11:35 AM
Unfortunately, you need S to spell Jar Jar BinkS.

Mike Troxell
08-20-2001, 01:23 PM
You cannot spell the word Smellysocks without multiple uses of the letter S.

Also, you can't spell Size18shoes or Size-18 Kenobi without them.

Jargo
08-20-2001, 08:15 PM
S adly, EMPEROR JARGO has no S in it. I think somebody is taking the S . :p

Eternal Padawan
08-21-2001, 01:26 AM
What the hell is your avatar Jargo? Eric Cartman as Darth S idious?

master jedi
08-21-2001, 01:22 PM
GONK! I mean S! Doh.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2001, 01:29 PM
All this S talk is making me SSSSSSSick.:eek:

Eternal Padawan
04-20-2002, 08:07 AM
So, what do you guys think about all this nonsense about the Imperial Shuttle? I think it Sucks...

Starfig873
04-20-2002, 11:37 AM
Wow, you've certainly been busy haven't you EP? :p

I hate the price...but...I've really wanted this vehicle..sooo...Ramen noodles for me! Yaaaaay! :D

2-1B
04-20-2002, 06:04 PM
So the Bouka thread is post padding, eh? Not this one? :rolleyes:

Hey, I got one! You can't type the :rolleyes : code without S ! :D

Starfig873
04-20-2002, 06:11 PM
Ah, but you see Ceasar, the S thread is of SSG legend! So uh....it doesn't count....:happy:

Beast
04-20-2002, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
So the Bouka thread is post padding, eh? Not this one? :rolleyes:
Hey, I got one! You can't type the :rolleyes : code without S ! :D
Hey Ceaser, ya can't spell: "Moderators spoiling the fun", without an S either. :rolleyes: That was a fun thread while it lasted, to bad that it had to get closed.

I thought all this complaing and crying about "post padding" stuff was going to end when Sir Steve nuked the "Top 5 Posters" area. What's next to get closed, the Mace's Death thread in the E3 spoilers section. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2002, 06:19 PM
I mean posting and discussing and having fun is what the forums are supposed to be about. Guess someone didnt see it that way.

Dar' Argol
04-20-2002, 06:23 PM
Hey, it's not my fault. A couple ppl PM'ed me about it so what was I to do? I let it go for a while:D. Besides, that type of game is better for a chatroom anyway. Anyway, closing your threads sucks! But, I have to do what I have to do.

Sorry:(.

2-1B
04-20-2002, 06:26 PM
So the decisions are made based on a couple of members' PMs and not SirSteve's guidelines?

I'm confused :confused:

Beast
04-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Hey, it's not my fault. A couple ppl PM'ed me about it so what was I to do? I let it go for a while:D. Besides, that type of game is better for a chatroom anyway. Anyway, closing your threads sucks! But, I have to do what I have to do.

Sorry:(.
I know, but you should have ran it past Sir Steve before you did it. I don't think he would have seen a reason to close it. I don't think the thread was causing any harm at all, and I'm sorry that there are some spoil sports out there that wanted to police the forums for the moderators and tell them what should be permitted here. Oh well, as usual somthing fun gets ruined by some complaining humorless berks. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey it was fun while it lasted, right guys??

Dar' Argol
04-20-2002, 06:35 PM
Well technicaly, one or two worded answers are concidered "post padding". I was going to post a reply myself, but I reconcidered after pondering the "padding" issue. I would not wanted to have posted and later close it and have someone say, "Well you posed there as well".

Besides, SirSteve leaves it up to our judgement in most cases. I did not want to get blamed if I let it go and it got out of hand, being the mod of this area and all.

S I am sorry guys:(.

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2002, 06:43 PM
Good luck to you on being a moderator, Dar Argol. I am sure you are going to need it.
MTFBWY

SWAFMAN
04-20-2002, 06:45 PM
Dar' Argol, had I read your posts here, I would not have been so quick to PM you about the other thread. Also, the PM is not letting me fwd to JT and SSG, but I trust you to inform them about it if you think necessary.

added at 8:28 PM: Dar' Argol is a respectable, stand-up guy. I was too quick to question his judgement, but now I understand the reasons the other thread was closed. I wouldn't want this moderator job, that's for sure. It's, in most circumstances, a thankless balancing act of trying to please most of the people most of the time, while staying within the rules. Here's one note of thanks to Dar' Argol. :)

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2002, 07:00 PM
Ok I am going to be nosy now. Whats going on?

Dar' Argol
04-20-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
Ok I am going to be nosy now. Whats going on?

SWAFMAN is refering to a PM he sent me about the thread I closed. I relize I worded it the wrong way and may have offended some ppl. I apologize for that. And I explained to SWAFMAN why I did it. He was not aware it was being discussed here.

JetsAndHeels
04-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Thanks for clearing that up. I was just wondering you know, like I said, being nosy.

2-1B
04-20-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

SWAFMAN is refering to a PM he sent me about the thread I closed. I relize I worded it the wrong way and may have offended some ppl. I apologize for that. And I explained to SWAFMAN why I did it. He was not aware it was being discussed here.

I would like to apologize to Dar' Argol and the forums for bringing the debate into this thread. I was experiencing a very poor day and when I logged on for some fun my attitude got the better of me.

Please forgive my sarcasm. :cry:

Beast
04-20-2002, 08:13 PM
I would like to apologize to Dar' Argol and the forums for bringing the debate into this thread. I was experiencing a very poor day and when I logged on for some fun my attitude got the better of me. Please forgive my sarcasm. :cry:
I would also like to extend my apoligy to Dar' Argol. He works hard to keep the forums that he moderates running well, and he does a darn good job of it. I was taking some of my frustration with the forums as of late, out on him when it wasn't his fault. Please forgive me as well, and I am sorry that the decision to close the thread was so hard for you. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
04-21-2002, 08:14 AM

I would like to apologize to Dar' Argol and the forums for bringing the debate into this thread. I was experiencing a very poor day and when I logged on for some fun my attitude got the better of me.

Please forgive my sarcasm. :cry:

Heaven forbid the topic of post padding should arise in a thread dedicated to the frivolity of the letter S...:rolleyes: :)

bigbarada
04-21-2002, 12:39 PM
You can't spell sarcasm without the letter s. :)

What the hell is bouka?

2-1B
04-21-2002, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
What the hell is bouka?

I wondered the same thing until I wandered into Brave Sir Robin's General Discussion thread (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6411) :D

JediTricks
04-21-2002, 09:15 PM
Gah, this is out of control, blaming mods for doing their jobs, and now apologizing for apologies? You people are crazy.

BTW, I can't imagine why PM forwarding isn't working, Swaffy, try one forumite at a time (if you were trying 2 at once).

Since I think there's already one frivolous "S-thread" lurking around somewhere, I'm gonna close this one. If anybody has a problem with this, please feel free to PM me or email: lego@sirstevesguide.com

Oh, and as for the game, Dar' Argol and I are discussing a way to reopen it while still keeping it acceptable to the SSG post-padding issue.