PDA

View Full Version : More TPM:DVD Easter Eggs reported!

Mandalorian Candidat
11-13-2001, 05:13 PM
I've looked around in the forums and haven't found any mention of these yet, so I'll post them here. I was looking at www.dvdeastereggs.com earlier today and found a notice that they had updated the TPM listing. It seems that there are a couple more that haven't been reported yet. (The newer ones are in bold.)

Here's what they say...

To access a behind-the-scenes video clip on the making of the Podrace, go to the Deleted Scenes and Documentaries menu page. Select Deleted Scenes Only. On the Complete Podrace Grid Sequence page, highlight Doc Menu. Then select "Right" to highlight a small box and press "Enter".

To access a behind-the-scenes video clip on the Podrace's second lap, go to the Deleted Scenes and Documentaries menu page. Select Deleted Scenes Only. On the Extended Podrace Lap Two page, highlight Doc Menu. Then select "Right" to highlight a small box and press "Enter".

Look also for additional outtakes during the credits of the Deleted Scenes Documentary. You don't have to do anything to access them other than watch the documentary.

The screen where the pit droids are sitting on the counter (Animatics and Still Galleries) if you wait too long to make a selection Watto comes out and tells you to make a choice or get out of his shop. Similarly the screen where the Nemoidians are (TV Spots) if you wait to long Darth Sidious comes out and says that the process must be speeded up. They are done very well and are quite funny.

Not anything earth shattering, but interesting nonetheless. One thing I found curious is that they claim that there are TWO easter egg deleted documentary clips, one for the podrace grid sequence and another for the second lap. I haven't tried this myself because I thought there was only one deleted scene from that menu and selecting on either of the first two scenes brought the same one up. I guess I'll be trying it later.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 09:39 AM
I tried out hunting for these last night and was kind of disappointed. I did find out that there are indeed two different deleted scene commentaries, one each for the podrace grid and lap two. However, when I tried to get Sidious or Watto to show up they never appeared. Either I'm not waiting long enough (I waited about 5-10 minutes on each screen) or it isn't working (or just isn't there).

Anybody else try this and get it to work?

Rollo Tomassi
11-14-2001, 02:07 PM
Yup.:D
Mine showed up after about thirty seconds or so. Wasn't all that grand, but it was a nice little touch.

Not as cool as typing in 720-2-1 and watching all three spankin new trailers.;)

Mandalorian Candidat
11-15-2001, 11:19 AM
I tried getting Watto and Sidious to come out and play again last night but no dice. And I still can't get Naboo to pop up on disc one. I think I must have bought a wacky brand of DVD player.