PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or does anyone else hate the handle on the new Shuttle?

Turbowars
03-16-2003, 11:57 AM
Yeah I like movie accurate ships so I removed the handle. This is for the few that don't run around their back yards with their Shuttles. The handle comes off very easy. I did it yesterday in about 10 mintues. Theres lots of screws and yes you have to remove all of them from the main body, not under the cockpit. It's really cool inside. Each wing has a geared cam which allows one wing to move incase the other gets held up. There's also a metal shaft that runs from starboard to port. This is how the wings fold up and comes down at the same time. So if one of your wings don't fold down or fold up evenly, you can fix it. Anyway after the top of the ship is removed, the wings will fall out of place, don't worry, it's easy to replace them, no springs jumping out or anyting. Now you have to remove the cockpit. Remove the 4 screws and it will pop off. Right under you will see the handle and release button. The handle clicks into place, so just take a flat head screw driver and push the handle off. to remove the button, you basically do the same thing, but you have to remove one spring. After you get it back together, boy does it look better without the handle. Oh and for you kids that need more storage on the ship, before you reassemble, remove the spacer from the rear battery door.

Fulit
03-16-2003, 01:03 PM
I kinda don't like the handle, but what I hate more is how when I release the thing, the wings don't go down until I push them.:(

Turbowars
03-16-2003, 01:16 PM
Yeah the button/trigger doesn't work well. It works the same without the handle, so I say take that thing off.