PDA

View Full Version : Dude, did you check out that new Bin Laden CD?

Fulit
03-17-2003, 09:16 AM
Check this out: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,4-2003121316,00.html

Kidhuman
03-17-2003, 11:44 AM
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

Pendo
03-17-2003, 01:20 PM
Don't believe everything you read in The Sun! I haven't picked up a Sun newspaper since 1989, and I'm also refusing to go to their website :mad:.

PENDO!

James Boba Fettfield
03-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Pendo, which is worse....CGI or The Sun? I want to know how deep your hate for The Sun goes.

Pendo
03-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
Pendo, which is worse....CGI or The Sun? I want to know how deep your hate for The Sun goes.

The Sun

PENDO!

James Boba Fettfield
03-17-2003, 01:48 PM
Ha ha, thanks for clearing that one up.

Fulit
03-17-2003, 02:10 PM
No! I refuse to believe that I shouldn't believe! The British would never lie to me!

I actually read a similar article a few days ago that wasn't in the Sun. But I don't know as to the credibility of either source.

True or not, it's fun to speculate on the surreal possiblities of having a pop star named bin Laden. What a crazy world.

scruffziller
03-17-2003, 03:18 PM
OK.....................

Jargo
03-17-2003, 03:51 PM
Why would it be fake? what if it's real? Is she the bin Laden who trained the terrorists to kill? hardly. if a person commits a crime does that mean their entire family must also face the penalty? guilty by association now eh? I thought that sort of knee jerk kangaroo court judgementalism went out of mode in the late eighteen hundreds. Good to see someone trying to make it, despite bad family karma hanging around their neck like a lead weight on a highdiver. Although, in order to make it she should think about changing her name for professional engagements. no need to change her name for personal use but for the sake of protecting herself from idiots and reactionary maniac zealots. If this is indeed a real story then I hope she has success. whatever that means to her.

Fulit
03-17-2003, 05:29 PM
It would be fake because people get paid to sit around and come up with sensational stories. If it is real, I agree, so what, it is going to be interesting to sit back and watch the hoopla it will probably create.

To me, it's an interesting facet of our modern culture that this could even happen. I mean, could Hitler's cousin have made it in the 40's as a nightclub crooner. Hell no! Not that I'm comparing Hitler to bin Laden, it was just another notorious name.

Jargo
03-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Point taken. But if she'd come over straight from the middle east and wanted to do this I'd see it as somehow iffy. But considering she'd been living in the states probably minding - or trying to - her own business and then her assclown relative goes medieval and all that ****happens in NYC and she has to move fast to avoid being lynched for her relative's apparent crimes.
I agree that it's a little dubious in the present political climate as to the motives behind this, but if it wasn't for the name she wouldn't have been given a second glance. The press would have treated her the same as any immigrant wanting pop stardom & fame.
Actually, up to the point of actually going to war with germany Hitlers family could have been nightclub crooners as Hitler was something of a socialite himself despite his drab brown uniform. Hitler worked in theater for a time here in liverpool prior to his political career, when he was in his late teens. if he'd had a sister or cousin who also followed that creative lifestyle i'm sure the situation at war breaking out would have been similar. Tarring a whole family with the same brush is not a good move IMO. It's like putting the family of a mass murderer in the gas chamber with him because 'it must run in the blood'. I'm not trying to be argumentative or sensational myself just trying to see things from the other POV.
Now THE SUN is prone to sensationalising and that's a fact but at times they simply record stuff for the oddity factor. They don't always take the track you expect them to. I can't remember which side of the fence they sit on regarding Iraq or the looming war but i know one of our tabloids is against it. If it's THE SUN then this could be a positive story. you never can tell though with tabloids. one minute they're behind you and rooting for you and the very next they're tearing you apart. Either way, I'm of the 'innocent until proven guilty' school of thinking. Until someone can prove to me that this girl has some current bad seed connections to terrorism and an evil soul then I'll say all power to her elbow for trying in what will undoubtedly be a hard and difficult uphill struggle against prejudice and ignorance. But of course should there be some scandal and this is a propaganda stunt then she won't last five seconds and be torn limb from limb. but that happens in showbiz all the time anyway. geez, a bad hair day can have you lynched by the press these days.