PDA

View Full Version : Is ot true that made a HD Anakin with a pegged arm?

Amy
03-17-2003, 03:54 PM
I dont know, but a fellow collector at wal-mart told me that some of the newer HD Anakins have a peg to keep his arm on instead of the weak *** magnet, is that true??

I pretty much took it as BS, but thought I'd ask just in case. I hate these new magnets they are useing for Star Wars! They are useing them to keep limbs on, and to hold Lightsabers(and not very well!:mad:)

If they HAVE to have medal in their hands, I'd much rather it be like the old X-MEN light ups, so the Sabers would light up when held.

Oh well, I'm on my lunch break, so I better eat instaed of ramble lol.:p

Beast
03-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Yes indeed, it does exist. I have one sitting on my desk.The Anakin: Hanger Duel was switched to a peg arm, because a lot of people were having trouble with weak magnets. Unlike Zam's magnet arm that works well, Anakin's heavy arm made it fall more often then not. So he was changed at the end when he was being shipped at one per case to allow for new figures.

It's not that easy to tell which version you have, but there are ways. First, look at the seam between the upper and lower arm. If you can see brown at all, it's the peg. Plus the magnet arm was inserted thru the plastic, so there was a little strip that made sure it didn't fall off. The later peg versions were not like this. Hope that helps. And good luck locating one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Kidhuman
03-17-2003, 05:19 PM
I never knew the arm came off since I leave them in packages. Thanks for the info.

QLD
03-17-2003, 06:59 PM
Man, if I had a peg version maybe I wouldn't hate this figure.

Fulit
03-17-2003, 07:04 PM
I've got one, but with the wear and tear my kid puts on it, its about as loose as the magnet one. Poor Anakin will just be walking around and his arm will fall off. That's got to be embarrasing. SW toys just aren't designed for playing. :(

Amy
03-17-2003, 07:32 PM
DANG! Now I really really want one!:o Only problem is around here, HD Ani is NO where to be found lol. Thanks for the info though JarJarBinks, I really did not believe the guy lol.:D

bobafrett
03-17-2003, 11:38 PM
I think I remember Jay Leno interviewing Hayden before EPII came out, and Jay had the above mentioned figure on his desk. Jay was playing around with it, and the arm comes flying off, and then he says something like "Whoops, I hope that's not giving to much of what happens away." and Hayden is just laughing. And I'm going, "Oh my God, I didn't want to know that".

jjreason
03-18-2003, 02:27 AM
I've got the pegged one. Didn't even know the first one had a magnet. The one I bought was purchased in May, 02, so they must have made the change before too, too long into the run. Maybe the magnet one's the toughie?

JEDIpartner
03-18-2003, 08:02 AM
Odd... my HD Anakin's arm hasn't had NEAR the trouble as the rest of yours. I wonder what the story is! :confused:

jjreason
03-18-2003, 05:04 PM
I went and looked at my daughter's again, thinking something was fishy. Between us, we have one of each. I compared the two, and quietly made a little trade. Now the peg armed one is in my box and the magnet one in hers. Not due to rarity (they're both open, and both have broken blue lightsaber blades :mad: ), but because the pegged arm will stay on better for my display. Too bad the waist is so loose on it, though. The magnet armed one has a perfect tight waist joint.

Oh, and please don't think I ripped off my daughter. She's only 3 and she never even plays with his arm, it's in a little margarine dish with her other figures' accessories (and her Luke X-Wing's head :D ).

TheDarthVader
03-18-2003, 07:37 PM
I have the magnetic version. I don't care about getting both so...I will just keep the one I have. I am a carded collector anyway!

bobafrett
03-18-2003, 08:33 PM
I was doing some dusting today, and found the Anakin I have open fighting Dooku, has the magnetic arm.

tgr3328
03-19-2003, 10:49 AM
One reason the Zam figure is so much better than the Anakin is because both ends of Zam's arm have magnets while one end of Anakin's (the part that comes off, I think) has a magnet while the other end is plain steel. Test them with a paper clip yourself and see. There is just a stronger attraction where you have too magnets.

And of course, Anakin's arm is heavier too!