PDA

View Full Version : Bootleg Clone Troopers????

HARDY
03-17-2003, 07:46 PM
HI all whats everyones views on these bootleg clones around and about at the moment, ie does anyone have them or think they are any good???

gibbspaulus
03-18-2003, 04:57 AM
I've picked up one of each from a netbuddy. The firing clone is a statue, and the marching clone isn't much better. They're also quite crudely made - very basic sculpting

BUT

Stick 'em in with the Hasbro troopers as part of a diorama and they blend in just fine. The add some range to the poses. Also they come with a nice 'n' chunky version of the gun that actually look like they might do some damage, unlike the Hasbro verions.

HARDY
04-03-2003, 05:17 AM
I just got my delivery of 10 bootleg clones and u know what i was quite suprised to find out they look really good!!!!! ill post a pick of em up soon after customising them

Fulit
04-03-2003, 09:11 AM
I love the bootleg Clones. Anyone paying attention, Hasbro? Someone beat you at your own game! They may be simple, but theres 10 of them!

HARDY
04-03-2003, 03:06 PM
heres a pic of my custom clones..i tried customising a few so let me know what you think......its my first try at customising besides i hear too many people slagging these babies off i think they are pretty good!!

HARDY
04-03-2003, 03:10 PM
heres another shot of others im still customsing another

RussUAE
04-13-2003, 05:41 AM
The bootlegs clones are great. I just bought the set of ten from a certain German website, and they were good value.

No action to them, so they're just statues, but they look great in amongst all your other figures. Seriously considering another 10 to build a proper army!

HARDY
04-13-2003, 10:19 AM
have you tried swapping some of the arms to good effect check out my collection in the collections section to see what i mean

RussUAE
04-29-2003, 05:36 AM
Will try when I get home this evening, but I'm not sure how well it will work for the bootlegs, everything seems pretty firmly in place other than the heads (and guns wihich keep falling out of the marching clones' hands).

I like the yellow clone you made. I do need one of them - I shall have to see how long it is until the clone army builder set comes out.

HARDY
05-01-2003, 03:13 PM
JUST THOUGHT ID PUT UP A NEW PICK OF ACURRENT CUSTOM IM DOING AS PART OF MY NEW CLONE ARMY, ITS A BOOTLEG CLONE NORMALLY STANDING TO ATTENTION I CUT THE ARMS AND LEGS INTO PIECES THEN RE ATTACHED IN A DIFF POSE...ITS NOT THE FINISHED ARTICLE YET BUT LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK