PDA

View Full Version : After seeing the pics from the Collectors Event, how do you rate the Clone Wars line?

Tycho
03-17-2003, 10:54 PM
In the past few days since last weekend, Steve just put up a ton more images from Hasbro's Clone Wars Line.

At the special Collectors' Event Hasbro told him they want to know what you all think.

After seeing the detailed pictures from the Hasbro Collectors Event, how do you rate the Clone Wars line?

(I dig the ARC Trooper, new Anakin and Obi-Wan - and their versitality), and I can't wait to get Anakin's custom Jedi Starfighter!)

Thanks for getting those pictures, Steve!!!

Beast
03-17-2003, 11:02 PM
They look great. The only one that I'm not super impressed with is Durge, but he does look intresting from his apperance in the next issue of the comic. The ARC Trooper looks great, I'll be buying multiples of him. I'm glad they went with a regular CloneTrooper style, instead of the buffed look from the front of Dark Horse's Comics.

My only real complaint about the line, is that the Obi-Wan is the first really good one. But he won't work for E2 scenes, due to the cargo pockets on his tunic and pants. And the added armor to the top of his boots. He really points out a need for a good E2 Obi-Wan. But this one still looks damn good. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jerjerrod
03-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Pretty decent, but not superb. I like some of them, like the Clonetroopers, Droideka set, ARC troop, but that's it. Instead of those "generic" Jedi's, I really hoped to see some recognizable Jedi's like:

-Quinlan Vos
-Master K'Kruhk (Minotaur-looking big guy in the Mace comic)
-Master Bulq (Weequay Jedi)

However, I'm anticipating the release of the Sith Witch (Asajj Ventress) though. Hope she looks good, and not like Aurra Sing. And please don't make her "unleashed" posed like Luminara Unduli. Neutral is fine.

Keep it up Hasbro!

DarthBrandon
03-17-2003, 11:41 PM
I'm looking forward to a lot of them, like the Clone Trooper (Arc), the Starfighter, Jedi etc. I havenít made my mind up about Durge just yet; I'll have to wait until I see him up close to really decide. Other than that 2003 looks to be a good year in both lines (Saga/Clone Wars):D

James Boba Fettfield
03-18-2003, 12:06 AM
It's better than I expected. I'll buy them to complete a collection.

Yeah, that is what I believe about this line. I wasn't expecting much, and I got more than I was expecting.

karinations
03-18-2003, 12:15 AM
It doesn't really matter to me if i like them or not,im compelled to buy them.
I'm way past the point of being able to like..pick and choose with my collecting sickness.
I mean..i would love to say..
"hmm i don't need another Battle droid just because this one is slightly different from the other 15 i have i think i'll not buy him".
There is no choice for me,if it's made i need to have it.
It's a sad...sad.....
yeah

-V-

http://www.citizenv.com

bobafrett
03-18-2003, 12:24 AM
I hear you karinations, I feel the same way. I did however pass up on a few of the different variations on the EPI battle droid, I was happy with just one or two of those. This next set of figures and vehicles does look pretty good, now where am I going to put all this stuff? :confused: :happy:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-18-2003, 12:36 AM
You can count me in on these figures. If they make it half as good as the SOTE storyline and make good toys and games, i'll support this part of the Saga with a grin. way to go hasbro! :D

JediTricks
03-18-2003, 01:13 AM
I like the vehicles, but the figures don't do much for me. The Rodian Jedi from the 3pack even recycles Kit Fitso's lower half. I just hope the line doesn't tank so those vehicles get released.

roguematt7
03-18-2003, 01:18 AM
I too suffer from the "Collect them all!" disease. Slap that phrase on anything and I'll buy everything I can find of that set. Thankfully I really like a lot of the figures and ships to come out of this line so far. The troop builder sets are a fantastic idea and the ARC trooper looks really cool as well. Durge is the only one who bugs me. He just doesn't have a very "Star Wars" look about him. Maybe once I see him in the comics or the cartoon this fall I'll be able to decide a bit better.

bigbarada
03-18-2003, 01:20 AM
I love most of the stuff I have seen thus far, but as long as the Clonetrooper 3-pack, Wat Tambor and the Hailfire Droid see the light of day, I could care less if the line is successful.

Beast
03-18-2003, 01:21 AM
JT, how can he recycle Kit Fisto's lower half? Kit Fisto's legs are nothing like that. There nowhere near as posed that wide, and have articulation. The legs on the Rodian in the three pack, are one piece. The skirt piece may also be part of the legs, if I recall correctly. I'll have to check the different angles again. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bighead5
03-18-2003, 01:55 AM
Yeah, I'm like a lot of you out there. I'm not here to judge the figures that come out... just to buy them. I think some of the figures look really awesome and some look mediocre. But, as a whole I am impressed. My poor wallet!

dr_evazan22
03-18-2003, 02:33 AM
I was much happier w/ the line then I thought I would be, which is a shame b/c I share the "completist" disease. I even liked the repainted vehicles better then I did Anakin's new fighter, which of course I will still buy (I can't very well say how bad it is w/out buying it, right?).

The new figures look very detailed, in general, the bases look cool. I hope they form together to make some big display.

skeeziks22
03-18-2003, 03:50 AM
"Don't drink, don't smoke... what do you do?"

BUY FREAKIN' STAR WARS FIGURES!!!

One good thing is the lack of pack-ins on vehicles lately. I would like that to change, but my wallet is happier now. I don't get ships (or playsets) without figures... BUT my bug for collecting variants (even package variants God forbid) has grown out of control.

The Clone Wars figures look good. Happy they didn't get too cartoony (ala droids/ewoks).

Once again, here's my bid for New Jedi Order figures... I mean all those books are best sellers... you know they'd sell. Clone Wars has just a few comics out there.

Beast
03-18-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by skeeziks22
Once again, here's my bid for New Jedi Order figures... I mean all those books are best sellers... you know they'd sell. Clone Wars has just a few comics out there.
A few comics now, but the Clone Wars will do somthing NJO won't. It's a massive storyline that crosses from the movies, the cartoons, the comics, the novels, and video games until May 2005. It also features the main recognizable charecters from the movies, with a few new charecters tossed into the mix. So it still has more recognition potential then NJO. I'm all for some EU figures, but figures based and associated with the actual movies will still sell better then basic EU. Especially EU that takes place so far in the future with so many unrecognizable charecters. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

skeeziks22
03-18-2003, 04:13 AM
Mr. Binks... I do agree with you... I'm just hoping for more I guess. Kids won't buy much, if anything from NJO, but will gobble up Clone Wars figures.
I bought all the Shadows figures when they came out... plus all the other original EU figures. They didn't sell particularly well when they were out, but now they are all highly sought after collectibles. If their poor primary sales frightened Hasbro from doing more EU figures I can understand. BUT, they may be taking a chance doing Clone War figures before knowing the success of the comics/cartoons etc.

I want to see old Han, old Leia, old Luke, Vergere and the Vong... just make some!!!

that's all.

steeltormentor69
03-18-2003, 05:26 AM
I HATE IT, I HATE IT, I HATE IT!!!!

I HATE DURGE!! He looks like a GIJOE not a star wars guy! I hate the clone trooper with the dress. Their not supposed to wear dresses?!?! I am diseased with the completist syndrome and have been since 1995, which means I have at least one of every freakin' figure put out since then and in a lot of cases I have 2 and I'm slowly working my vintage collection back up. Some people say "well if you don't like it, don't buy it". Well I'm here to say that I am a completist and if its a new 3/4 figure or its a 12 inch doll and it says star wars on it, then by golly its gonna be in my possesion and I hate myself until I do have it, but I have to put restrictions on myself. I am FINALLY getting caught up with the new ones since January, thanks to EBAY, not walmart damnit. Anyway I'm sorry to be ranting and stuff and I'm sure this isn't the place for it anyway but its st. patricks day so I'm a little under the influence. And I can't gripe about it to my wife because she hates my collection and she's hating me now since I've been out all night. Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. oh and p.s or whatever, I can't stand the idea of 20 sec cartoons or however long they are gonna last. I think that its ridiculous to not just put out a REAL cartoon thats gonna have some substance. Star Wars deserves at least that. The new He-Man series rules and Transformers is good too even though Jazz and bumblebee aren't on there! Thanks for your time.

Beast
03-18-2003, 05:35 AM
Durge was designed by Lucasfilm, by the same designers that worked on the designs for the prequels. I assume you hate SnowTroopers as well, as they wear the same waist cape. Just in white. And everyone knows you don't wear white after labor day. Atleast the ARC CloneTrooper is fashion conscious.

The animated series, are being done in the style of the serials of old. The same thing that Star Wars is based on. Instead a full length movie, you had small parts you had to watch every week at the cinema. That's exactly what's being done with this. Remember that the series is only a small part of "The Clone Wars" story. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

steeltormentor69
03-18-2003, 05:52 AM
No actually I have a small fascination with Snowtroopers and At-At drivers. I don't know why. Maybe its my Nordic heritage and my need for frigid environments. I even like the spacetrooper and Dark Trooper, so its not an EU thing.

jonthejedi
03-18-2003, 06:33 AM
I'm real happy to see the "cinema scenes" back!!! Thank the maker...get the whole jedi council going. Why is it March, and still hardly any '03 figures out anywhere?

LusiferSam
03-18-2003, 12:46 PM
Well this may break my completist mode, if I ever had it. For a long time I've said I only buy what I want, but I'm not sure how much of the Clone Wars stuff I want. The hailfire droid looks great and I'm sure I'll get the droid and clone muli-packs. The rest is going to be a weight and see.
As for other EU toys I'll give my two cents. DON'T DO IT. Other then Shadows and Heir to the Empire, NJO turned me off to most EU things. I think that they would be very unpopular with everybody but collectors who like NJO.

mrmiller
03-18-2003, 01:53 PM
A little to G.I.Joe-ish for me, but it works for toys based on a cartoon. Pretty good for EU stuff.

=MATT=

Darth Evil
03-18-2003, 02:25 PM
I'm looking forward to the ARC Clonetrooper, Clonetrooper Multi-packs and anything Sith (especially Ventress).

aceguide
03-18-2003, 02:26 PM
I am extremely excited about this line. I think the figs we have seen thus far are incredible. I am looking forward to more comics ans the cartoon to tie them all together.

I think this line willl be very popular with the kiddos. It's a long wait for them until 2005, and this will tie it all together.

Great work I say!!

Kidhuman
03-18-2003, 03:06 PM
I like them. I ain't got no problem with them except Durge. All the rest look great. Can't wait to see them in my cart at checkout.

Darth Cruel
03-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Which one do I vote for to pass along a "cautiously optimistic" attitude?

Beast
03-18-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Darth Cruel
Which one do I vote for to pass along a "cautiously optimistic" attitude?
I'd venture a guess, that this would be what you want. "I can't say now. I have to wait until I see them in person to decide." :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Turbowars
03-18-2003, 08:02 PM
I'll have to pass on the Clone wars CRAP. I do like Annies fighter though. All the EP2 stuff looks good! I just hope we get what Hasbro has said is coming out. I might change my mind if I ever see the stuff in retail. I'd buy a lot more if Hasbro shipped more often and in larger amounts. I broke down and picked up a Shuttle, one reason was because it was easy to find.

Prince Xizor
03-18-2003, 11:59 PM
This is the line that has/will revive my faith in Hasbro. At the beginning of this year, I have been somewhat turned off by them. I disliked the repacks/repaints of Eeth Koth, Rebel Trooper, Tusken Raider, Watto, Imperial Officer, Teebo, Endor Trooper. I had been spending more money and time on Toy Biz with Lord Of The Rings and Marvel Legends, Playmates with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then with Art Asylum with their Star Trek and Tony Hawk toys. But finally, I am looking forward to Star Wars toys again. I love everything about this line. Durge, Yoda, Anakin, ARC Clonetrooper, Obi-Wan, HAILFIRE DROID, Clonetrooper 3-pack, Jedi 3-pack, Droid 3-pack, Ani's Starfighter, Droid Tank, Geo Fighters. The only thing that doesn't interest me is the repaint Gunship, I already have the orig and the new paintjob doesn't do it for me. But I shall wait and see if the collector in me gets the best of me when I find it on the shelf. And can't wait to see the Sith Witch toy. I don't care if it's poseable, or a battle statue, it will be awesome. Clone Wars!!

scruffziller
03-19-2003, 08:10 AM
They look like they are bringing in alot of the more obscure charachters. I LIKE IT!!!!!!:D

skeeziks22
03-20-2003, 04:26 AM
So, I guess my last post wasn't all I had to say on this subject. A lot of people not agreeing on this, but what most people are agreeing on is not liking Durge... I personally haven't seen a good enough picture of him to make a decission.

I think it's interesting that many people also say they love Ventress... and I haven't seen ANY pictures of her toy yet. I HAVE seen her in the comics and HAVE NOT seen Durge there yet. I wonder if you all out there like what you know and since Durge doesn't "officially" exist in the Star Wars Universe yet you all are in dis-like with the toy.

Funny how Ventress looks a lot like the sith witch that EI and EII designers wanted instead of Maul and Dooku. Did someone get the hint?

Clint Torres
03-24-2003, 01:45 AM
Right on...Clone Wars figures, eh? ALL OF YOU OUT THERE...FORGET THIS MADNESS AND PETITION FOR THE PORTMAN wars...uhm...what I mean is...more Natalie Portman figures..with uh...uhm.....pictures of that angelic genetic mutant who puts all other females to shame. HAIL AMIDALA....

J.K. Portman's cool, but really....I could do better.