PDA

View Full Version : Sopranos Season 4 DVDs?

jjreason
03-17-2003, 10:59 PM
Anyone know how soon I can expect these? I only have 2 more shows to watch from season 3, and I'll be done as much as I can do. Having never watched the show until now, Im getting antsy at the thought of having to wait forever to catch up with everyone else. Please, let it be soon!

Sentinel18725
03-18-2003, 01:00 AM
It might be real soon. HBO is going to need some money to pay Tony his portion!!!!

2-1B
03-18-2003, 01:41 AM
Gandolfini withdrew that lawsuit, so it looks like season 5 is a go. :)

Reason, Season 3 was released on DVD around Nov '02 (I think) and it coincided with the premiere of season 4 on HBO.

I'm not certain, but my guess is that the season 4 DVDs won't be released until soon before season 5 airs . . . they WERE supposed to start shooting this month, but that was likely delayed a bit.

It might be Fall '03 or early '04 before we get these discs. :(
I have no press releases to support my hypothesis, just the past release . . . hopefully they'll make an announcement soon.

QLD
03-18-2003, 02:17 AM
I have heard....somewhere....that you might be able to download them all on Kazaa......I heard it somewhere....where was that? hmmm....... ;)

jjreason
03-18-2003, 03:14 AM
Mmmmmmmm...not with my 56K. It would take longer to get them that way than to wait for the damned discs. My only hope is that CTV up here has been playing the latest season during summer hiatus. If so, that would mean season 4 cueing up here within the next couple of months - maybe even for May. The first episode from season 3 was on about 2 weeks ago. Im gonna be really choked if I have to go to some stupid fan site and read the synopses of episodes........no. Not gonna do it. It's been so good till now, that I owe myself the denial so I can watch them the way I've watched the rest. Speaking of which, this has been fantastic, watching them all in succession over such a narrow margin of time. Im much more "caught up" that I could ever be watching it week by week. Great show.

2-1B
03-18-2003, 03:28 AM
Does "CTV" actually carry HBO's feed?

If so, you are in luck because HBO is currently running all 4 seasons back-to-back-to-back-to-back . . . and Season 4 should be on in due time. I taped all of season 4 on VHS just to have it until the DVDs come out. :D

Kidhuman
03-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
Mmmmmmmm...not with my 56K.

I used to set stuff up before I went to sleep and when you wake up....there it is ready for watching. Just an idea

jjreason
03-18-2003, 11:00 PM
I have tried this, and thanks kidhuman. The problem is, I get bumped offline every time someone calls through, a strong wind blows, the sun rises, etc. I have never, ever been able to download anything over about 4 megs. And that takes near an hour. I'll just bide my time, and hope for the CTV to put it on this spring/summer - or I'll use my highspeed connection (which Im already planning on having at my new house) to pick them up, along with the Holiday Special and a couple of albums I've been waiting on buying. Highspeed is SO where it's at these days.

And Caesar - no we don't get the feed. They do show the episodes unedited, but we don't get them upon original airing. I think they'll give it to us in May or June for the first time. There is an episode on tonight, Season 3 #4 I believe. I can only hope they'll keep it rolling right into the newest episodes!

Kidhuman
03-18-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
I have tried this, and thanks kidhuman. The problem is, I get bumped offline every time someone calls through, a strong wind blows, the sun rises, etc. I have never, ever been able to download anything over about 4 megs. And that takes near an hour. I'll just bide my time, and hope for the CTV to put it on this spring/summer - or I'll use my highspeed connection (which Im already planning on having at my new house)

I know I switched a few months ago to verizon dsl and love it. I know you will too having been in the same predicament as you are now. They have a good price also if you wanna pick it up now. They have a combined package for Long distance and dsl service and basic phone too. Something like 60 a month for all of it. Sorry for going off topic.