PDA

View Full Version : Humans, What Planet(s) did they come from

BountyHunter
11-13-2001, 08:23 PM
This a lot like Starfig873's post. What worlds or world were the human species native to in the SW galaxy, and did they have somethign different than normal humans do, like do they live longer, and what species is Yoda?

Sith Worm
11-13-2001, 09:07 PM
Earth! forgive me....

BountyHunter
11-13-2001, 09:14 PM
No it wouldn't be Earth because this is a different galaxy

El Chuxter
11-13-2001, 09:19 PM
No one knows which planet humans originally evolved on, or if they simultaneously evolved in many places. However, the following planets claim human natives and are likely candidates:

Coruscant
Corellia
Chandrilla
Alderaan

As for Yoda, nobody knows but Lucas. :)

BountyHunter
11-13-2001, 09:27 PM
I say we hutn down Lucas and hold him hostage and make him give us yoda's home world, or maybe I will just sit on my *** and ponder about it.

bigbarada
11-13-2001, 09:39 PM
Didja ever consider the possibility that GL himself doesn't know where Yoda is from? Maybe he never really thought about it.:eek:

Wolfwood319
11-13-2001, 10:40 PM
Here's an interesting side note to that whole Yoda planet thing.

A while back, before the special editions there was this SW card set, which I believe was SW Galaxies Series II or III. One of the special foil cards was a picture of a bunch of Yoda's species sitting around praying to a Budda-esque statue.

Rumor has it that Lucas himself very much disapproved of the card and it never went into production. So the foil set goes from F2 to F4 in a complete set, or something like that. Anyway, a few production pieces of the cards did make it out, less than half a dozen if I believe. One of them was up for auction a while back, and the winning bidder was an unnamed bidder who bid over the phone. The winning bid was also undeclared.

This was in an article in the old Star Wars Galaxies magazine and is just an interesting tidbit to add to the mystery of where Yoda came from.

BountyHunter
11-14-2001, 03:49 PM
Yeah, I am sure you have all noticed this but in Episode 1 there is another Yoda lookign species creature standing behind yoda in the end celebration.

El Chuxter
11-14-2001, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by BountyHunter
Yeah, I am sure you have all noticed this but in Episode 1 there is another Yoda lookign species creature standing behind yoda in the end celebration.

Evan Piell looks a lot like Yoda, but he's slightly taller and has pink skin. I don't recall the species name, but he's not the same as Yoda.

Yaddle, from the Jedi Council, is another story, though.

master jedi
11-14-2001, 05:42 PM
I think Evan Piell is a clone of Yoda gone horribly wrong.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-14-2001, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by master jedi
I think Evan Piell is a clone of Yoda gone horribly wrong.

Actually, he's the bastard son of Yoda and Miss Piggy.

:kiss: OINK, OINK

Sith Worm
11-14-2001, 07:21 PM
It was a joke hunter hince the forgive me...

master jedi
11-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Actually, he's the bastard son of Yoda and Miss Piggy.

:kiss: OINK, OINK

That just brought up even more questions?

Rollo Tomassi
11-14-2001, 10:04 PM
Yoda is a Whill. Yoda and Yaddle are Whills. They wrote a book. It is called Journal of the Whills.

Whills.

JediTricks
11-15-2001, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Yoda is a Whill. Yoda and Yaddle are Whills. They wrote a book. It is called Journal of the Whills.

Whills. "What'chu talkin' 'bout Whills?!?"

GNT
11-15-2001, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
Coruscant
Corellia
Chandrilla
Alderaan

What about Naboo?

No it wouldn't be Earth because this is a different galaxy

The ET species was in the senate, ET made it to earth (see the ET movie) so earth has to be the Star Wars galaxy somewhere!

Rollo Tomassi
11-15-2001, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by GNT
The ET species was in the senate, ET made it to Earth (see the ET movie) so Earth has to be in the Star Wars galaxy somewhere!

'A long time ago, in a GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY" let me repeat that...

...A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY...

Earth is NOT in the Star Wars galaxy. And all of this happened a long time ago, so no Earth humans could have travelled all the way to the Star Wars galaxy, since we haven't been around long enough, nor have we created interstellar travel. Senator Greibleips and his race, however, have had plenty of time to send a ship from the Star Wars galaxy to ours...

El Chuxter
11-15-2001, 12:05 PM
I don't think humans aren't native to Naboo, GNT. They settled it later on, which is part of why there's a bit of tension between them and the Gungans.

As for the Whills, I've heard that theory before, but until I hear of that term appearing in something--anything--other than a throwaway prologue to the ANH novelization (which doesn't identify who or what a Whill is), I'm not going to buy into it.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2001, 08:24 PM
The name of Yoda's species' planet is pronounced "way," but I'm not sure how it's spelled.

So, you're asking, "How does Bel-Cam Jos know this?" Well,

where there's a Whill, there's a Way. See?

Bel-Cam Jos
11-15-2001, 08:26 PM
Member Bel-Cam Jos was temporarily banned due to the preceding post.

As to the planet, I always felt it was Earth, just "a long time ago," as Rollo said. Or, have we on earth come form one of those planets, like Tatooine? But Tatooine was populated by settlers from somewhere else. Hmm...

Good question! :happy:

JediTricks
11-16-2001, 08:02 AM
Oh, I'm gonna hate myself for suggesting this, but perhaps the humans of the SW galaxy came from Earth in a Battlestar Galactica sort of way. That was my theory when I was a kid, that Star Wars was actually about a thousand years in the future of humanity.

master jedi
11-16-2001, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Oh, I'm gonna hate myself for suggesting this, but perhaps the humans of the SW galaxy came from Earth in a Battlestar Galactica sort of way. That was my theory when I was a kid, that Star Wars was actually about a thousand years in the future of humanity.

I'll go over here now.

jw_bryant
11-16-2001, 05:24 PM
what about aldarran?

GNT
11-16-2001, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by jw_bryant
what about aldarran?

Alderaan was listed

stillakid
11-16-2001, 11:23 PM
Since TPM, we are now all well aware that we humans on Earth have absolutely no relation whatsoever to those super-humans over there in the Star Wars galaxy. Everybody say it with me....Midichlorians.:o

JediTricks
11-17-2001, 02:01 AM
Mididiflorbians!

I'm a college gagageler!

BountyHunter
11-18-2001, 07:02 PM
Here's an interesting side note to that whole Yoda planet thing.

A while back, before the special editions there was this SW card set, which I believe was SW Galaxies Series II or III. One of the special foil cards was a picture of a bunch of Yoda's species sitting around praying to a Budda-esque statue.

Rumor has it that Lucas himself very much disapproved of the card and it never went into production. So the foil set goes from F2 to F4 in a complete set, or something like that. Anyway, a few production pieces of the cards did make it out, less than half a dozen if I believe. One of them was up for auction a while back, and the winning bidder was an unnamed bidder who bid over the phone. The winning bid was also undeclared.

This was in an article in the old Star Wars Galaxies magazine and is just an interesting tidbit to add to the mystery of where Yoda came from.
__________________________________________________ __
I was searching through the internet and I foundthat card! Here it is

http://www.bomis.com/rings/yoda/2

BountyHunter
11-18-2001, 07:05 PM
Sorry, to find the card click on Images, then go to then go to 51-75, and it will be Image 53.

xboywonder
11-19-2001, 05:43 PM
Or, have we on earth come form one of those planets, like Tatooine?

What???

Ok... here is an idea, maybe Star Wars is a MOVIE taking place in "a Galaxy Far Far Away". and maybe their are humans, so that the HUMANS in the audiance can relate to the main characters.

BountyHunter
11-19-2001, 06:59 PM
How about STAR WARS is and entire UNIVERSE and Lucas used HUMANS because there are no aliens on EARTH. Just because lucas put humans in the Star Wars universe for us to relate too means they don't have a home world in the star wars universe, think about that the next time you are drunk.

BountyHunter
11-19-2001, 07:00 PM
Sorry, it DOESN'T mean they don't have a homeworld

Bel-Cam Jos
11-19-2001, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by xboywonder
Ok... here is an idea, maybe Star Wars is a MOVIE taking place in "a Galaxy Far Far Away". and maybe their are humans, so that the HUMANS in the audiance can relate to the main characters.

Booo!!! No fair being logical and making sense! :D :frus: :p :p That makes all our discussions meaningless, not being able to speculate about easily-determined aspects. :rolleyes:

BountyHunter
11-19-2001, 08:01 PM
TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU BEL-CAM! HE IS NOT A TRUE STAR WARS FAN< HE WILL JOIN US.... OR DIE

master jedi
11-19-2001, 08:35 PM
BountyHunter, try lightening up on the caps lock button. It seems like you're yelling at everybody all the time.

BountyHunter
11-19-2001, 09:39 PM
haha, ok, sorry, its just the big letters look so pretty!

JediTricks
11-20-2001, 09:59 AM
BIG LETTERS ARE ANNOYING WHEN OVERUSED ;)

Starfig873
11-20-2001, 12:09 PM
Have I mentioned that I like cheese? I don't think I can stress that enough. :D

I think'd be interesting if humans DID originate on Earth, but after colonizing so many planets, they simply forgot about their roots. Out of site out of mind, y'know?

JEDIpartner
11-20-2001, 12:29 PM
The only one who knows is Brak, of Space Ghost fame. The only problem is that one minute he was just a happy space pirate, looting and pillaging, and then POOF! he's as dumb as a doornail.

You COULD try to find out by licking his head, but Mr. Turtle has never gotten the answer and Mr. Owl BIT IT OFF!!!! It's really doesn't matter though as long as... HEEEYYYYYY BUDDY! That's not Brak! That's a Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pop!:stupid: