PDA

View Full Version : "No hyperspace in the prequels" why?!?

JediTricks
03-19-2003, 12:03 AM
I'm sorry, I tried to avoid this discussion, I know the prequel-fans don't like these sorts of "negative" comments, but I have to say that Lucas' comment about why the hyperspace tunnel won't be seen in any of the prequels was just about the thinnest thing I've ever read. From SW.com's Ask the Jedi Council (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20030314.html):

"I think of the series as one movie. In order to keep the impact of the hyperspace jump in Episode IV, I have decided not to use it in the first three films. If you're watching them from one to six, you'll get the same thrill."Oh, so giving away the impact of the tiny green guy being the Jedi master Luke is searching for is all fine and dandy, having Anakin be a 9-year-old kid living on Tatooine played by a 7-year-old cherub is ok, letting said-cherub build C-3PO during the boy's time as the "happiest slave in the universe" is peachy-keen, but one of the things that's nearly as constant and consistant as blaster bolts and lightsaber blades in this universe being used in the prequels would ruin the effect of ANH?!? WHAAAAHUH?!?

(BTW, the 3 other examples I put up there, in case you didn't know, are all things that Lucas put into the prequels fairly late in the game, well after his original ideas about them were formed.)

Beast
03-19-2003, 12:16 AM
Well, you have to admit....seeing the Millenium Falcon make the first jump to hyperspace, from inside the cockpit in ANH is impressive. That scene wouldn't have quite so much coolness, if we had seen the stars stretch in the prequels.

I don't mind finding out about charecter origins in the prequels, as that's the way it should have been. But the Falcon making the jump to Hyperspace for the very first time was a defining moment of cinema. Bravo, Lucas. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-19-2003, 01:07 AM
So the queen's starship was just a pile of puke? That was the first time a ship jumped to hyperspace in Lucas' 1-6 order even though it clearly rips off the Falcon's escape from Mos Eisley. Was it a different hyperspace that ship and many other prequels ships used? Seems like Lucas is trying to have it both ways there to me - prequels come "first" but not for the stuff in the original trilogy that Lucas deems cool apparently. How is this different from Yoda deceiving Luke (and through him, the audience)? All of ANH is a defining moment in cinema history, including the practicals (the real-world-created special effects) that Lucas pulled out for the Special Editions, so how is the hyperspace thing different from Anakin and Obi-Wan chasing after Zam in the bar in Ep 2 when it's a fairly blatant ripoff of the ultra-cinema-classic Cantina scene?

LTBasker
03-19-2003, 01:33 AM
I would've rather had 3PO's origin remain just a "factory build" and gotten the stars back in the prequels. :crazed: I mean if you think about it, it creates continuity problems when Lucas tries to do classic shots such as seeing the Refugee freighter traveling through space when it should be in hyperspace. I mean they never actually have to show the main stars jump, but if they're gonna do exterior in-travel shots, then at least do the worm hole. This way the stars stretch remains shocking, or he could've just said they're less advanced engines and don't have that sort of effect. This was just an easy way for him to try to show he "cares" about the OT still. :rolleyes:

Beast
03-19-2003, 01:39 AM
We're seeing the ships traveling from the outside thru hyperspace though, not from the view of the passangers inside. The stars would only appear to stretch from the view of the people inside the ship, traveling thru hyperspace. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

12inch Lando
03-19-2003, 02:49 AM
wacka Wacka WACKA! BAM!!! Dammit JJB! You just blew up my BS-o-Meter.

mini-rock
03-19-2003, 02:54 AM
Geez, GL has to leave something to the OT. If we saw everything in the Prequels that were in the OT then that "magic" would be gone IMO. Lucas said in the THX Laserdiscs versions of the OT that these "new" movies are to tell where everyone came from, so that's why we know who Yoda is, and his role as a Jedi Master.

I guess it really doesn't matter what those of us who truly enjoy, admire, and respect GL's vision say when the Lucas haters will say anything to bash. If GL had shown the hyperspace jump in the prequels they'd ***** about it being in the prequels just like they ***** about Yoda being revealed or how the movie should have been if they had control. I applaud Lucas as well for the galaxy far far away that he has shared with us. Sure there are things that coulda been done different, but that's after the fact, after we've seen the film when it's easy. Try coming up with this **** on your own, with your imagination, and then try to transfer it to film for the whole world to see, to share your vision. When you've done that then, maybe, your criticism would mean something.

2-1B
03-19-2003, 03:31 AM
LOL,
JT called little Ani a cherub. :D

I think Lucas should have used the hyper-jump in the prequels. :)

Well, definitely not on the Queen's ship since it would mean even more screen time for Ric Olie. :rolleyes:

In AOTC, I think it would have been cool to see it used when Obi-Wan came out of hyperspace at Geonosis. Not so much at Kamino since I like the exterior shot of his fighter and the hyperdrive ring. For his arrival at Geonosis though, I think it would have worked well to have a shot coming out of hyperspace with the asteroid belt in the foreground.

As for going into hyperspace, I think it could have been used when Ani and Padme left Tatooine after Shmi's burial. Just my opinion, but that would have been an awesome shot. :happy:

Pendo
03-19-2003, 04:28 AM
I think Lucas is right. I think he should leave the hyperspace tunnel for the OT. Every effect used in the OT has been topped by something in the PT, except for that. Anyone watching Star Wars for the first time, in order, will be dying to see what it's like to see a ship going into hyperspace from inside the cockpit, and what a better ship to first see it with than one of the most importanat ships in the whole story.

Go George! :)

PENDO!

scruffziller
03-19-2003, 08:59 AM
Like I said....The prequels are being made in a way that we have not seen the OT.

LTBasker
03-19-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock
Geez, GL has to leave something to the OT. If we saw everything in the Prequels that were in the OT then that "magic" would be gone IMO. Lucas said in the THX Laserdiscs versions of the OT that these "new" movies are to tell where everyone came from, so that's why we know who Yoda is, and his role as a Jedi Master.

But we still don't know who Yoda is, he's still just a little green dude who popped up, just in AOTC he was Kung Fu green dude. :D I think this sort of thing is evidence that Lucas is definitely losing his artistic touch with these movies, I mean think about it. All he had to do was say something about the engines being not as advanced, I mean there is 32 years between TPM and ANH.

If he had put in a hyperspace shot, then that would've been just about one of the biggest points of keeping continuity, however in a sense we don't really need to see the stars. It's just he has things badly planned out.. Instead of having the Refugee seem as if it was in the middle of it's trip, they should've had exterior shots of it leaving Coruscant, jumping into hyperspace without the stars sequence and then go to the cabin scene.

I'm starting to actually hope Episode III is canceled.

stillakid
03-19-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I'm sorry, I tried to avoid this discussion, I know the prequel-fans don't like these sorts of "negative" comments, but I have to say that Lucas' comment about why the hyperspace tunnel won't be seen in any of the prequels was just about the thinnest thing I've ever read. From SW.com's Ask the Jedi Council (http://www.starwars.com/community/askjc/steve/askjc20030314.html):
Oh, so giving away the impact of the tiny green guy being the Jedi master Luke is searching for is all fine and dandy, having Anakin be a 9-year-old kid living on Tatooine played by a 7-year-old cherub is ok, letting said-cherub build C-3PO during the boy's time as the "happiest slave in the universe" is peachy-keen, but one of the things that's nearly as constant and consistant as blaster bolts and lightsaber blades in this universe being used in the prequels would ruin the effect of ANH?!? WHAAAAHUH?!?

(BTW, the 3 other examples I put up there, in case you didn't know, are all things that Lucas put into the prequels fairly late in the game, well after his original ideas about them were formed.)

Kuddos, JT! You are 100% correct (to borrow a phrase from the contradictory MiniRock...it's okay for me to say that because he doesn't listen to me anyway :rolleyes: ). Saving fx because he doesn't want to ruin the OT, yet handing over all the character backgrounds and surprises is perfectly ok?!!?!?! :eek: What the F is that all about?!?!? Like I've said before, Lucas has a great overall vision, but he couldn't write himself out of a box. Oh brother. :rolleyes:

Darkross
03-19-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
We're seeing the ships traveling from the outside thru hyperspace though, not from the view of the passangers inside. The stars would only appear to stretch from the view of the people inside the ship, traveling thru hyperspace. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes exactly...just like on the other Sci-Fi show that some of us really like (ST:TNG)....don't hit me now...but whenever it showed the Enterprise at WARP 9 which is alot faster than Ligthspeed (approx. 1500 times lightspeed)...the stars weren't strecthed outside...but when looking from inside 10 Foward...at warp the stars were somewhat stretched...so Jar Jar's explanation makes perfect sense. And we all know that ILM did / do the special effects for STAR TREK.

mini-rock
03-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by scruffziller
Like I said....The prequels are being made in a way that we have not seen the OT.

Yup! That's right. :)

LTBasker
03-19-2003, 01:00 PM
No actually the stars were stretched on the outside, and the same amount as they were seeing inside. You know why? Because the jump tunnels aren't specifically around the ship's measurements, but rather it's a perfect tunnel that is big enough for the ship, but also not small enough that it'd be tightly the same width and height diameters as the ship, so yes we should have seen the tunnel when we saw the Freighter.

Btw, warp speed and hyperspace are two different things, so they're not as comparable. However, judging by the Falcon's flight through the tunnel you could tell it was perfectly cynlindrical (sp?) and that it had extra space on the sides and height for the Falcon to pass through. Likely because it's much safer that way so part of the ship doesn't get out of the field and breaks off the piece from the differing forces of speed.

So something as large as the freighter should have had extra space, therefore meaning if we see it from the exterior while it's in a jump, we should see the tunnel. I wouldn't think that was a cover-up of him noticing he forgot to add that if there weren't so many other ways the explanation could have been handled.

TheDarthVader
03-19-2003, 03:47 PM
If that's the way Lucas wants it to be, I'm sure that's the way it will be.

JediTricks
03-19-2003, 10:02 PM
Basker, absolutely I agree with you about 3PO's origins, it just seems like a double-standard to me that 3PO gets into the prequels yet hyperspace doesn't. Without the hyperspace "wormhole" effect, it's too similar to Trek's warp-speed IMO.

Mini-rock, you couldn't be more wrong about my motives, back in the old forums (the old UBB ones, the ones before last) one of the first things I said about Ep 1 was that I really missed the hyperspace effects - both inside and out. If we don't see the hyperspace jump because it's supposed to be special to the OT, then why do we get other SW-only effects like blaster bolts and lightsaber blades? It's supposed to be the politics in chaos during the prequels, NOT the physics of the SW universe.

Caesar, when the queen's ship went to hyperspace that first time, I thought that would have been a perfect time to use the lines and follow the ship.

As for AOTC, I would have preferred Dooku's solar sailer have it when he left Geonosis, then we cut away to a quicky scene of something else, then we see the sailer already out of hyperspace and flying into Coruscant. The way he just uses the Trek warp-out and warp-in is a visually disappointing scene to me.

Darkross, only in the original Trek series did we not see the stars stretched at warp. In TNG, the stars were always stretched no matter if we were inside the ship or outside. Inside ten forward, the stars were coming straight at us and there were more nebula-type effects, while outside it was just stretched lines.

It's not like the Falcon is the only ship in the OT to go through hyperspace, the entire Rebel fleet during ROTJ comes to mind. So I still have to ask, why the double-standard on this one?

Let me put it another way, the hyperspace entry, exit, and tunnel are part of what separate Star Wars from other sci-fi franchises that have faster-than-light travel - Farscape has the starbust electricty and rift, Babylon 5 has the jumpgates and a much different hyperspace dimension, and Star Trek has the stretched ship and then stretched stars and nebulas. So if the prequels are part of the Star Wars saga, why don't they share the hyperspace effect when they share other physical attributes like lightsabers and blaster bolts; and if they aren't part of the saga, why do they have all that other stuff?

Kidhuman
03-19-2003, 11:41 PM
Reading this thread I am wondering why they did not show the effects of hyperspace. If the ships were capeable then why not? And what was with the hyperspace rings in the new trliogy? Maybe that is what seperated it from the OT. The technology advanced to where they had it on board the ships. But then again the Queens ship didn't have a ring on it. I don't know. I am going to bed now. :o <----------me yawning

2-1B
03-20-2003, 03:59 AM
JT, I agree it would have worked well on the Queen's ship. :)
I just don't like Ric Olie. :D

Dooku's escape would have been a fantastic time to use it as well.

As for the physics of everything, I never considered the stuff about the freighter on the way to Naboo. I just saw it as a view of the ship, I never considered its speed.

I've always assumed the hyperspace lines are "there", we just don't see it from that POV. We should have. :)

Fulit
03-20-2003, 10:05 AM
Hmm, both sides present good arguments, but I have to go with the "GL has lost it, he's once again denying me what I need" line of thought. The thing about it is, like the C3PO being built by Anakin, I probably wouldn't have cared so much had someone not pointed out how stupid it is.

JediTricks
03-21-2003, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
JT, I agree it would have worked well on the Queen's ship. :)
I just don't like Ric Olie. :D But imagine, using the hyperspace f/x would have cut into some of Ric Olean's screentime! :D

kidhuman, originally there wasn't going to be a hyperspace ring on the Jedi Starfighter (the only ship so far in the SW universe that uses the h-ring), but I think someone pointed out to Lucas after they were deep into making the CGI part of the film that the ship is too small for a hyperdrive and this was the fix. This is why the Action Fleet and 4" figure toys of the JS don't have the h-ring.

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 01:31 AM

kidhuman, originally there wasn't going to be a hyperspace ring on the Jedi Starfighter (the only ship so far in the SW universe that uses the h-ring)

Didn't Dooku's ship have one at the end of AOTC. I might be mistaken but I will peep the DVD in the A.M. to find out or if anyone else knows about it please fill me in.

2-1B
03-23-2003, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Didn't Dooku's ship have one at the end of AOTC.

I'm pretty sure it did not. :)

mini-rock
03-23-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
I'm pretty sure it did not. :)

No, it does not. :)

Pendo
03-23-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by kidhuman
Didn't Dooku's ship have one at the end of AOTC. I might be mistaken but I will peep the DVD in the A.M. to find out or if anyone else knows about it please fill me in.

You're probably confusing the Solar Sail for a hyperspace ring.

PENDO!

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Pendo
You're probably confusing the Solar Sail for a hyperspace ring.

PENDO!

I am....I knew there was something on it. Couldn't remember what it was.

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 07:45 PM
Well having just watched that part of the movie I was wrong. But does Dooku's ship go into hyperspace since we don't see it actually go into hyperspace. The scene cuts off when the Solar Sail comes out and when they show it again the Sail is going back in.

JediTricks
03-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Yes, it definitely goes to lightspeed. Also, the sail isn't even an actual solar collector, it's just a misnomer - its use involves a more exotic propulsion method. http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/solarsailer/index.html

mini-rock
03-23-2003, 09:02 PM
Yes, it definitely goes to lightspeed. Also, the sail isn't even an actual solar collector, it's just a misnomer - its use involves a more exotic propulsion method. http://www.starwars.com/databank/starship/solarsailer/index.html

Now THAT would have been cool. To see Dooku's ship go lightspeed from inside the ship.:)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-23-2003, 11:17 PM
I think that when GL first saw that question on starwars.com he thought to himself "Oh Sithspawn, there's another continuity issue I forgot! Curse these trecherous, leeched fans!" And to cover up his "not thinking at all about the OT, because for whatever reason he seems to be rather ashamed of it, he gave that fancy shmancy lil answer that actually, if you really, really read it, means absolutely NOTHING!

CHA CHING! There's my two cents!

:crazed:

Darkross
03-25-2003, 11:46 AM
Who ever said that there wasn't hyperspace capable vehicles in the Prequels? If you watch AOTC with the audio commentary...one of the commentators actually references this point about Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter needing the Hyperspace ring for Hyperspace travel.

2-1B
03-25-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Darkross
Who ever said that there wasn't hyperspace capable vehicles in the Prequels? If you watch AOTC with the audio commentary...one of the commentators actually references this point about Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter needing the Hyperspace ring for Hyperspace travel.

No one is questioning if there was or was not hyperspace. :)
JT is only asking why we don't see them make the jump from inside the cockpit (with a shot of the stars stretching by).

stillakid
03-25-2003, 11:31 PM
I think that some people are just objecting to a potential "negative" being brought up about the saga in the first place. Unfortunately, when that pov is taken, simple statements can be mis-interpreted. As we've all seen, it's important to really read and understand what another person is trying to actually say rather than inject our own personal prejudices for or against said topic into the discussion. Objectivity is possible.

:D

JON9000
04-16-2003, 04:44 PM
Have you guys seen the in cockpit effect of SLave I going into hyperspace in Bounty Hunter? Its really cool, and when watching it, I have to agree with JT that is one of those small but important details that lets me know I am watching SW. I am not really sure why Lucas thinks it will take away drama from the leap in ANH... it is small potatoes compared to the lessening of drama for finding out the little green guy is Yoda, or that Vader is Luke's father- the most dramatic moment in the series IMHO. JT might have already mentioned this.

notafinga
04-19-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I'm starting to actually hope Episode III is canceled.

now that is funny.:D

mini-rock
04-20-2003, 12:59 AM
Your right, that is funny. I can see what LT is saying with "I'm starting to actually hope Episode III is cancelled" though. I mean just look at the prequels so far. They surpass anything and everything that made up the OT. GL knowing he has made superior movies with the prequels now must feel he has to keep some of the magic that made people fall in love with the OT there, other wise they just wouldn't hold a candle to the prequels.

Deoxyribonucleic
04-20-2003, 12:04 PM
Your right, that is funny. I can see what LT is saying with "I'm starting to actually hope Episode III is cancelled" though. I mean just look at the prequels so far. They surpass anything and everything that made up the OT. GL knowing he has made superior movies with the prequels now must feel he has to keep some of the magic that made people fall in love with the OT there, other wise they just wouldn't hold a candle to the prequels.

I have to disagree with you on the prequels being superior. :) One of the many things that the OT has, that I feel made it such a grand epic if you will, is the interaction between the actors. In the OT, the actors actually ACTED, (and the bond between Harry, Carry and Mark is unbeatable) which carried the film, along with the cutting edge (at that time) special effects which were new to EVERYONE! The prequels, well, the acting is bland, there's no great intereaction between characters and the only thing the movies focus on is "look what we can do with a computer!" The story is weak, the titles of the films are weak and IMHO they do not even come close to the magic created by the Orginal Trilogy! This is not to say that I HATE the prequels, quite the contrary, they just don't come close to creating magic in me as the OT did/does.

NOTE: This is just my opinion and is presented with a smile on my face! :D I respect ANYONE's opinion different than mine on this subject.

mm74md
04-21-2003, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Deoxyribonucleic
...The story is weak, the titles of the films are weak and IMHO they do not even come close to the magic created by the Orginal Trilogy....

Hmmm. I didn't realize that so many people disliked the prequels.

I love all the SW movies! And I must to say that ESB is not my favorite, that would be ANH followed by AOTC. Yes, AOTC! Great movie...even if you take away all the computer effects (except for Yoda!).

I can still remember seeing ANH as a child in it's 2nd official release. And I pulled a Homer Simpson after viewing ESB which didn't please the crowd in line one bit. ROTJ is my least favorite & I guess that's why I don't recall seeing that in the theater. TPH was so over-hyped that NOTHING could have satisfied 20+ years of craving a new Star Wars...even no Jar Jar. AOTC left me wanting more...and more...and more. Just like ANH & ESB did all those years ago.

But that's just my opinion which is way off topic!

mini-rock
04-21-2003, 03:37 PM
OOPS! I didn't mean to start an OT vs PT debate. I just saw the quote that notafinga had made of LT's and I can see why LT feels that way. The TPM has surpassed anything that the OT could have ever have hoped to achieve. Then here came AOTC which blew even TPM away, and coming soon to a theater near you is EP3. YEAH!!! So, are people even going to care about the OT anymore after EP3? Yes, only to see the outcome of Anakin/Vader, but for repeated viewings not as much as the prequels. Let's just hope that GL can breath new life into the OT for the AE's so that future generations will not only love the PT, but the OT as well that many of us grew up with and love to this day. That's why I'm glad he's leaving the hyperspace jump viewing from inside the cockpit in the OT. Keep some of that OT magic there b/c it doesn't have much left compared to the superior prequels.:)

Deoxyribonucleic
04-21-2003, 03:56 PM
OOPS! I didn't mean to start an OT vs PT debate.

LOL - I always enjoy them myself. It's just interesting to see what others think and feel about all the films. I bet no other films get debated as the Star Wars saga does and that in and of itself is pretty damn spectacular! :)

JON9000
04-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Why did you have to unleash the Kraken?

stillakid
04-21-2003, 04:45 PM
OOPS! I didn't mean to start an OT vs PT debate. I just saw the quote that notafinga had made of LT's and I can see why LT feels that way. The TPM has surpassed anything that the OT could have ever have hoped to achieve. Then here came AOTC which blew even TPM away, and coming soon to a theater near you is EP3. YEAH!!! So, are people even going to care about the OT anymore after EP3? Yes, only to see the outcome of Anakin/Vader, but for repeated viewings not as much as the prequels. Let's just hope that GL can breath new life into the OT for the AE's so that future generations will not only love the PT, but the OT as well that many of us grew up with and love to this day. That's why I'm glad he's leaving the hyperspace jump viewing from inside the cockpit in the OT. Keep some of that OT magic there b/c it doesn't have much left compared to the superior prequels.:)

I ask the following questions in a vaccuum, as MR chooses to ignore any viable question that even smacks of negativity towards the saga.

However, with that in mind, I can only assume that MR is talking about the Special FX when comparing what the Prequels accomplished in comparison to the Original Trilogy. Certainly the story, plots, and characters are empirically worse in the Prequels.

In terms of Special FX, I think the jury is still out. While certainly there are plenty of things that a director can accomplish with CG that couldn't be done before, it still has it's downfalls. It is a tool and nothing more. Case in point, while it was virtually impossible to create a "frog on a hotplate" Yoda back in 1982, his closeups still look far better when shot traditionally with a puppet and film. Overuse and improper use of any tool, be it CG, Steadicam, jib arm, or Xenon lights, ends up falling flat. Currently, as the leader at the forefront of digital technology, Lucas is eager to prove to the rest of the world just how much CG can do. But as with most things, there is a distinct learning curve. The problem is that he seems to be blinded by his own press and can't see the limitations soon enough to retreat back to the tried and true.

While some of the effects in the Original Trilogy have been improved by the new technology, I think that Lucas would find his time to be as well spent by going back into the Prequels to "improve" the inferior CG effects with puppets and film.

The story? That's a wholesale rewrite. Something even technology can't fix.

JON9000
04-22-2003, 07:45 PM
and the Kraken appears! - woe to the puny inhabitants Joppa- your prequel worship will not go unpunished!!! ;)

mini-rock
04-22-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by JON9000
and the Kraken appears! - woe to the puny inhabitants Joppa- your prequel worship will not go unpunished!!! ;)

ROTFL!!:p

notafinga
04-22-2003, 11:01 PM
That's why I'm glad he's leaving the hyperspace jump viewing from inside the cockpit in the OT. Keep some of that OT magic there b/c it doesn't have much left compared to the superior prequels.:)

you've gotta be kidding...:rolleyes:

stillakid
04-22-2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by JON9000

Growlllll!!!!!!!

;)

mini-rock
04-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by notafinga
you've gotta be kidding...:rolleyes:

I know the truth hurts, but no, I'm not kidding. Don't worry though I have faith that GL will bring the OT up to speed in the AE's. He can't bring the simple OT stories up to that of the prequels, but at least the effects, and maybe even change the pacing a bit. Maybe not to the level of the superior prequels, but close I hope. Like I posted earlier that's why I'm glad he will be leaving the hyperspace jump viewing from inside the cockpit first seen in ANH. With every prequel movie released it just shows how old & tired the OT story, pacing, effects, and characters really are (except Vader, that guy just plain ROCKS!!).

BTW, nice rolleyes there cupcake. :p

JediTricks
04-24-2003, 10:32 PM
I know the truth hurts, but no, I'm not kidding. You know what? When you promote your opinions as "truth", you show disrespect to EVERYBODY here no matter which side of the issue they're on, and you make your POV look awfully self-important and simultaneously threadbare. State your opinions all you want but don't try to convince us that you alone have some magical right to "the truth".

mini-rock
04-24-2003, 11:47 PM
You know what? When you promote your opinions as "truth", you show disrespect to EVERYBODY here no matter which side of the issue they're on, and you make your POV look awfully self-important and simultaneously threadbare. State your opinions all you want but don't try to convince us that you alone have some magical right to "the truth".

Hmm, well I guess the same thing could be said about your post, right JT? I mean, your post starts off good, but you did exactly the same thing you "claim" I did. It was a good try, and I give you your gold star and pat on the back for trying, but at the end you just look like a hypocrite.;)

And next time why don't you act like a GOOD moderator and PM me instead when you make a remark off topic. Nobody wants to see our bickering clogging up these threads. Aye?

stillakid
04-25-2003, 12:14 AM
Hmm, well I guess the same thing could be said about your post, right JT? I mean, your post starts off good, but you did exactly the same thing you "claim" I did. It was a good try, and I give you your gold star and pat on the back for trying, but at the end you just look like a hypocrite.;)

That post above makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Just how on earth did JT do "exactly the same thing"?

This example of erroneous literary evaluation illustrates how a person could manage the "flawless" point-of-view that has been previously proffered regarding the Prequels.

JediTricks
04-25-2003, 01:50 AM
And next time why don't you act like a GOOD moderator and PM me instead when you make a remark off topic. Nobody wants to see our bickering clogging up these threads. Aye?
Because it wasn't a moderating task, I wasn't enforcing forums policy with my post, I was merely pointing out that your snide, self-aggrandizing comments purporting to be "the truth" on this issue were disrespectful and inaccurate since nobody here has a monopoly on the truth. That sort of attitude isn't respecting others' rights to have their own opinions, if you'd like me to PM you about that, I can, but it'd be an official warning since there's already a Forums Announcement about repsecting others' right to have an opinion.

BTW, just because you make a claim that my post is the same thing as yours doesn't mean it actually is the case.

But you're right about one thing, nobody wants to see our bickering in this thread so there ya go. Since I've already had to merge 2 of your posts together AND delete one that was off-topic (and even off-topic from this bickering), we're done with this.

mini-rock
04-25-2003, 02:18 AM
Because it wasn't a moderating task, I wasn't enforcing forums policy with my post, I was merely pointing out that your snide, self-aggrandizing comments purporting to be "the truth" on this issue were disrespectful and inaccurate since nobody here has a monopoly on the truth. That sort of attitude isn't respecting others' rights to have their own opinions, if you'd like me to PM you about that, I can, but it'd be an official warning since there's already a Forums Announcement about repsecting others' right to have an opinion.

BTW, just because you make a claim that my post is the same thing as yours doesn't mean it actually is the case.

But you're right about one thing, nobody wants to see our bickering in this thread so there ya go. Since I've already had to merge 2 of your posts together AND delete one that was off-topic (and even off-topic from this bickering), we're done with this.

AMEN!! Now it's ended. ;)