PDA

View Full Version : New Anakin Speeder, Bleehhhh

Badbriancool
03-19-2003, 08:29 AM
I just picked up the new anakin speeder, and all I can say is that I am not impressed. That was one of my favorite parts of attack of the clones, and thought it was a scene that had a lot of emotion in it. THey did a good job with the speederbike, but the figure is horrible. I am not one to usually complain about action features, but the action feature really detracts from this figure. It gives him a horrible pose, and his arms wont stay on the speeder properly. Not to mention that he is made out of a cheaper plastic, and has fewer paint apps. Plus his waist is aways turned because of the action feature. Not to mention that they could have threw in his cloth hooded cape, since thats what he was wearing in the movie. I am sure everyone will make fun of his face, it is really bad.
Anyway, the dooku figure is much better, and actually looks good on his bike, even with the action feature.

Jayspawn
03-19-2003, 11:20 AM
I passed on the Anakin w/ Speeder. The Anakin figure looks terrible. Dooku is a lot better looking- worth the buy IMO.

Amy
03-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Now see this really ticks me off. The bike should be enough of a action feature as is!:frus: But they have one on the figure its self, so he cant even look good while riding his bike, which is really the whole point of a figure/vehicle set.

I would like to bash the peoples heads together that thought of this wonderful idea:rolleyes:...

Glitch
03-19-2003, 02:06 PM
I wish these things came with some sort of clear base that would allow them to be displayed. Unless you are holding them, they just sit there in a pile.

tgr3328
03-19-2003, 02:57 PM
By the look on Anakin's face, he must be racing on the swoop because he's in a hurry to get to a bathroom! :crazed:

El Chuxter
03-19-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by tgr3328
By the look on Anakin's face, he must be racing on the swoop because he's in a hurry to get to a bathroom! :crazed:

You beat me to it. :D

The picture of Anakin standing on the back also looks quite obscene. I'm surprised that got out past quality control.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
03-19-2003, 11:59 PM
I picked these up last week, and I have to agree on the Anakin figure. Goofy facial sculpt (If I remember correctly, in the movie he had this evil glare going on, not a stupid grimace!), horrible pose partly due to the stupid action feature, and a big old button sticking out of his back! Then to top it all off, no cloak to make it even remotely movie-accurate. I like both of the bikes, though, and the dooku figure looks really cool on his speeder.

On a related note, a collectable store here in Cincy took photocopies of the Anakin's head and posted them all over the store on signs for various purposes, like prices announcements, upcoming items, etc... I chickled quite a bit when I saw all those grimacing Ani's.:) :) :)

Old Fossil
03-20-2003, 12:10 AM
Man, this figure must be BAD -- even JarJarBinks hasn't stepped forth to defend it yet.:crazed:

jedihunter25
03-20-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Badbriancool
THey did a good job with the speederbike, but the figure is horrible. I am not one to usually complain about action features, but the action feature really detracts from this figure. It gives him a horrible pose, and his arms wont stay on the speeder properly. Plus his waist is aways turned because of the action feature. I am sure everyone will make fun of his face.

You can cure the trouble of the action feature, like I did, by spinning around back and forth his waist and arm until the spring gives loose. After I did that his arm and body still stays on real good:) .
For those of you that wants to see how horrible his face is, checkout my thread in the reviews forums.

Jargo
03-20-2003, 04:19 PM
Mine should both be arriving sometime tomorrow morning. I knew the figures would be bad but i wasn't buying them for the figures, just the speeders. Anakin is going straight in the trash with the packaging, Dooku seems a little better and i may keep him depending on how he looks out of the box. The tatooine speeder will just beconme one more speeder outside my cantina. I'm also going to hack off the seatbelts. Seatbelts on star wars vehicles? insanity!!!!!

JangoFart
03-20-2003, 06:00 PM
Yet another "Stingin' Dump" Anakin. He has that "it BURNS!!" look on his face. AGAIN!

Geez, Hasbro. It amazing that such crap comes from the same company that produces such amazing other figures.

J

aceguide
03-21-2003, 09:38 AM
This is disapointing to hear.

Although I will be tempted to get both speeders for just that - the speeders. But then you don't have anyone to ride them.

So what's the verdict:

Who had more burritos - Deluxe Force Flipping or Speeder Ani???

Submit your votes now!:D

fishyfett
03-22-2003, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by aceguide
This is disapointing to hear.

Although I will be tempted to get both speeders for just that - the speeders. But then you don't have anyone to ride them.

So what's the verdict:

Who had more burritos - Deluxe Force Flipping or Speeder Ani???

Submit your votes now!:D
Good one, ace. See this is what star wars is about. Humor. But I'll place my vote on Speeder Ani. The Flipping one's kinda holding it down pretty good. Where as Speedani looks like he's been crapping just as fast and as hard as the speeder zooms. Yeah, saw them both, Dookie as well, in Target. I might come back for Dookie, but I'm gonna wait until Ani goes to clearance. That expression haunt me in my sleep. Use the Force, Ani. Purge it out!!:crazed:

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 04:45 AM
I have ZERO interest in this piece.

But I have to admit that it is because I simply HATE speederbikes. The characters look TOTALLY dorking on them with the robes all a flying.

I'd have had Anakin take the 'ol Landspeeder instead. (Hey! It was right there in the garage . . . ) Also, this would have made more sense too. How exactly was he going to bring back his wounded mother on that thing? Was she just going to "hang on." Seriously. It totally made no sense to me what-so-ever. :rolleyes:

fishyfett
03-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by mark2d2
Also, this would have made more sense too. How exactly was he going to bring back his wounded mother on that thing? Was she just going to "hang on." Seriously. It totally made no sense to me what-so-ever. :rolleyes:

Well, mark2, she's dead already. So, he probably just stowed her in the trunk. Maybe that's why his facial expression is like that.:crazed:

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 06:14 PM
Fishy Fett --- you miss my point. Anakin had no idea his mother was dead when he set out to get her. It was a rescue mission. Had she been alive, what was he going to do? Drape her over the handle bars?

I suppose he could have stolen a Bantha or something . . .

It just seems to me that a Speeder Bike is a very poor choice of vehicle for rescuing the wounded. :sur: The Landspeeder would've have been a much cooler ---- and logical ---- choice.

fishyfett
03-22-2003, 11:35 PM
Point taken and duly understood, mark2. Me now realized what you sayin'. Constipated Ani rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Tycho
03-24-2003, 10:17 PM
Back to the topic at hand, the Dooku speederbike kicks butt!

Anakin's bike is cool, the figure sucks more than any they've ever done of him!

Dooku is the real surprise:

This is not only a cool toy (whereas I was never that crazy about the design of the bike), but this is one of the best figures of Darth Tyranus I could have thought we'd ever get! I was really not expecting much, but man you have to open this!

The action feature works too, and it is not obtrusive and a lot of fun. Truly a surprise and actually worth the money.

I like the figure so much that I wanted to buy a second bike (which I have no use for, so uh...I think I'll hold off on that) but just to get another Darth Tyranus figure to pose fighting the Jedi, his cloak flying out behind him! Too bad this figure does not have footpeg holes on the bottom of his shoes, or I'd have bought an extra already.

Guys, this is a seriously nice figure! I am still surprised!

jedihunter25
03-26-2003, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Tycho
Too bad this figure does not have footpeg holes on the bottom of his shoes, or I'd have bought an extra already.

It's OK for you to buy an extra- Because this figure DOES have footpeg holes. The speeder even comes with footpegs to help keep Dooku stay on the bike.:)

mista_carrot
03-26-2003, 02:48 AM
I just picked up this set tonight and yes, the Anakin figure is extremely bad. Not quite as bad as deluxe Ani w/Geonosian, but almost as bad, and that's bad.

The swoop bike is what I like however, and I'm glad I got the set despite the aweful figure.
Anyway, I wanted to point out that the swoop bike has a kickstand! It's that triangle-shaped thing at the front of the bike. Just pull it out and swing it down, and presto! I think it's better than having the bike rest on those steering vanes. They should have mentioned this on the package!

Tycho
03-26-2003, 03:44 AM
1) You guys are right: I just checked my Dooku, he does have foot pegs. Guess I was too excited to try him out on the speeder and never thought twice about it after I'd posed him riding. I'd tried putting him in Jedi Duel poses earlier, but never on an action stand, so I didn't realize this.

2) Hasbro forgets to put features on their figures a lot of the time. My Wal*Mart has a New Tusken who's head has fallen off inside the package. I wonder how long that figure will sit? I don't believe Jango (Geonosis) had a label about his feature, nor Vader Dagobah, or Darth Maul Final Duel. People will think they are broken, or Hasbro might think parents won't buy kids "civil war hospital figure kits."

mm74md
03-26-2003, 12:59 PM
"New Anakin Speeder, Bleehhhh" should say "New Anakin figure with Speeder, Bleehhhh" The Speeder itself is well done. Much better job than the flimsy Deluxe Clone w/Speeder.

The figure is a bit lame. Really, just the face. If some of you are really that disappointed with that figure, just pick up an extra Hanger Anakin & swap the head with the "I need to crap" Ani.

jedihunter25
03-26-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
1) My Wal*Mart has a New Tusken who's head has fallen off inside the package.

I found three of them like this at my Wal*Mart yesterday!!:crazed: