PDA

View Full Version : Darth Vader, parrallel with Dracula??

scruffziller
03-20-2003, 02:11 PM
Think about it. Anikin was turned to evil by death of loved ones.
And reedemed in the end for the return or continuation of those loves(family). In a matter of speaking. The details are skewed but the premise is the same.

keith koth
03-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah! An they both wore capes too. :crazed:

DarthChuckMc
03-26-2003, 06:19 PM
tee hee :p

Lord Malakite
03-27-2003, 09:00 AM
Both were also paste white due to there lack of exposure to the sun. :rolleyes:

Beast
03-27-2003, 09:05 AM
*holds straws out an arm length away from Scruffy.* :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
03-27-2003, 09:09 AM
C'mon guys I'm being serious.......:cry: ...........:D

No but seriously, just wondering what you think about that if GL borrowed that story and stirred it into his melting pot.

Beast
03-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Depends on what story your talking about. Dracula's been thru so many incarnations since the book was written it bearly resembles exactly what it used to be. Vampire lore in general actual has mutated over the years, due to cultural changes. At one point in early english history, any strangers that were even just friendly were considered possible vampires. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

keith koth
03-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Sure, they both have common elements, but I'm sure that GL did not borrow from Dracula. I'm sure that these elements were not even original to Dracula, but were borrowed from even earlier works. These are the type of elements that probably originated in ancient mythology. They could even be applied to certain real life situations.

Beast
03-27-2003, 01:53 PM
It all boils down to the fact, that there is really no such thing as an original idea anymore. Everythings pretty much been done before, and of course there are going to be some similarities between things. Just like when people say that Lucas borrowed from "The Fifth Element" for Coruscant. When technically that sort of city dates back to the movie "Metropolis". Even earlier, if you want to start reading science fiction from before that period. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
03-31-2003, 10:18 AM
I did notice they commented on how they borrowed alot from Flash Gordon.

And to answer your question JJB, Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Unkle Mike
04-21-2003, 10:54 PM
While similarities exist between Vader and Drac, I think it's a bit of a reach to say Vader is based on the Count. Sure, both dressed in black, had mystical powers and pasty skin, and were a big hit with the ladies, but I think it's all coincedence.

Fulit
04-22-2003, 01:22 PM
Dracula was never redeemed by his son with a bad haircut.

James Boba Fettfield
04-22-2003, 01:46 PM
If you want to throw Castlevania mythos in, we can say otherwise. Except Alucard just killed his dad.