PDA

View Full Version : Toys r' Us xwing

DarthWitko
03-20-2003, 02:42 PM
Hey,

I just ordered this from yestertoys for $30. So does anyone have this toy? Did I make a good purchase? I am just trying to ease my mind. I originally was not going to buy this but then I read some reviews and everything seemed positive for this toy so I decided what the heck and went for it.

Amy
03-20-2003, 03:34 PM
Well its really like the F/X X-WING without all the sounds and what not. I have it, and love it!!!! R2 can finnally be takin out, AND it comes with Luke's lantern, and lunch box(lol).

I think some would like the FX version better, but not I. You made a GREAT purchase IMO.

Rogue II
03-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Wow, $30?

I still see them at my local TRU for $40.

Jargo
03-20-2003, 04:01 PM
Definately a good choice. An excellent toy. Boxed or loose it's cool. Nice bargain.

DarthWitko
03-20-2003, 05:16 PM
Cool. Thanks for easing my mind. I can't wait to get this thing. I am going to display it with my vintage dagobah playset. It should look awsome.

Jerjerrod
03-20-2003, 05:21 PM
I bought mine last week, and I love it. Nicely detailed, cool R2, what more can you ask for. Truly the best looking X-Wing ever IMO. Good purchase.

Turbowars
03-20-2003, 09:06 PM
tumbs up Bro:)

TheDarthVader
03-20-2003, 10:28 PM
I have mine kept in the package. I bought it a while back when TRU had the buy $20 of hasbro stuff and get a silver anniversary R2-D2. I love mine...well worth the $40 I spent!! :)

halcon orlus
03-20-2003, 11:47 PM
I grow curious.... Anyone got a link to some pics of it?

Jerjerrod
03-21-2003, 12:25 AM
Yeah, lots of pics right here in the SSG Collectors Database.

http://www.figures.com/archives/images/43/45643.jpg

Here's one more courtesy of Rebelscum:

http://www.rebelscum.com/swsaga/saga-xwing_front3.jpg

JediTricks
03-21-2003, 05:12 AM
Yeah, the wings are too heavy for the manner in which Hasbro has them attached. This will probably cause sagging over time like it did with the original POTF2 F/X X-wing this is based upon. For that reason, I've got my Saga X-wing displayed on its 4 engines standing straight up.

mista_carrot
03-21-2003, 05:14 AM
I own both the FX X-wing and the Saga X-wing, and I'm definitely glad I bought the Saga one. In my opinion, I think it's a funner ship to play with. Put all your astromechs and pilots to work!

Here's another review with some more pics for ya:
http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/reviews/sagavehicles/xwing/index.html

:D

aceguide
03-21-2003, 09:31 AM
I am definitely pleased with the purchase. Very good detail and with te R2 and accessories it has it all.

DarthWitko
03-21-2003, 11:28 AM
I like the rean landing gear. This definitely looks like the x-wing in the movie. I can't wait for it to arrive.

TheDarthVader
03-21-2003, 03:55 PM
And the new R2D2 slime covered and the lunch box with rations are a special bonus. These "little" things help the vehicle be more that what it would have been. (if that made sense)

Lewis
03-23-2003, 04:53 AM
The X-Wing is my all time favourite ship, and when i heard this beuty was coming out i couldn't wait...BUT, when i saw the pic's in collectors archive the warped looking wings put me off, shame cos it had so much appeal, so i bought the Gunship instead and 4 pilots, me happy now :p

DarthWitko
04-02-2003, 12:44 PM
I finally got my ship. Let me tell you that I am very glad I ordered it. Probably my second favorite ship that I have next to the Imperial Shuttle. The detail on this piece is amazing. It looks like it is right out of the movie. Amazing the difference on just the guns on the wing. Rather then just cheap plastic we get guns that have some serious weight to them and look just like out of the movie. The size of this thing is amazing almost twice the size of the POTF and vintage Xwing. I really hope we get an Tie Fighter to the correct scale to go with this thing. I highly recommend picking one up.

Thanks

Brainiak76
04-02-2003, 02:39 PM
I also think its the best x-wing w/ muddy r2 and rations kit..

I have an exta one for sale or trade if anyone is interested!!

ITS MIMB!! very good cond, minty mint or if you prefer loose i can do that also..LMK THANX