PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive figures: whats up with that

keithfite
03-21-2003, 04:21 PM
I love collecting star wars figures but exclusives are kind of annoying. but not all of them. The target and wal-mart exclusives, I got em. Exclusive toys r us stuff. I got it. The one I made this post about is different things like Jorg Sacul. What was he exclusive to. celebration 2? is that right. How in the hell do you get one of those now thats not $100 on every collector site. and then I heard they are making holographic nute gunray and someone else together. I hear they were going to be exclusive. Exclusive to what. So the question is how do you find out what figures are going to be exclusive to whatever ahead of time, that way you dont have to pay a whole freakin lot later. and is there a site that sells these exclusives reasonable. I got almost every figure except some of these weird exclusives. can someone tell me how to go about getting them easier, or is there just no way. let me know, thanks

bobafrett
03-21-2003, 04:34 PM
I look at it this way, if I can get it fine, if I can't then, oh well. I'm not going to stress if I don't get this exclusive figure or I don't. I didn't get the Toy Fair exclusive silver Darth Vader, but I'm not going to let it bother me. I'm sure their are other figures that are at regular retail that I didn't get, oh well.

OC47150
03-21-2003, 04:57 PM
Bobafrett's right. If you can find it, great. If you can't, that's OK, too. You could go crazy or broke or both (!) trying to track down every exclusive on the market.

Banthaholic
03-21-2003, 05:11 PM
keithfite I feel your pain.
I have every single figure vintage-present other than Toy Fair Vader. Eventually I'll shell out the ca$h but it's frustrating knowing I'm going to have to pay $150+ for it.

I bought Sacul last summer for $70. Although just think if I were to have attended C2 I would have spent $10 for the figure plus ALOT of gas or plane money, so the $70 doesn't seem to bad.

While I understand your point OC47150, it sucks that there is a demand for these figures, and not enough supply.

And to answer your question on where to find info about future exclusives, I'd recommend these here forums. When the Silver R2 exclusive was out, I found them to be very helpful.

OC47150
03-21-2003, 05:17 PM
I try not to get worked up about it any more. If it's meant to be, it is. Hey, it took me four months to track down Ephant Mon at retail!

keithfite
03-22-2003, 12:37 PM
thanks for replying everyone, you made some good points. but banthaholic really said it. If I would pay for gas or air fare to get where the exclusive stuff is an exclusive to , I'd be payin more than $90 from ordering it off the net

Kidhuman
03-22-2003, 01:08 PM
Exclusives are rough. I don't have a TRU within 90 minutes of me and I hate that. I don't have Jorg Sacul or Silver Vader or R2. I want them and will eventually get them but hey, what can ya do?

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 02:08 PM
This is going to sound bad, but I have had better luck finding the exclusive stuff than the basic retail figures. I do live close to many of the retails stores, such as TRU and KB, but they never seem to get anything in. The Silver R2 was very easy to find and I have a few for trade if anyone is interested. Silver Vader was easy, bt I was lucky and ordered it from the fan club. As for the Lucas figure, no luck there. But if you check around here on the forums like stated above you will always know what is coming and when. I'd be totally lost without SSG and RS.