PDA

View Full Version : A Real LightSaber? Ebay auction of the day!!

icatch9
03-21-2003, 03:48 PM
:rolleyes: This is a so called real light saber. I realize that this thing is cool and probally took hours and hours to make, but who the hell is going to pay over a thousand dollars for this thing when you can get one that looks just like one used in the movie for less that $200 from Master Replicas.

I wounder what people think sometimes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3121910885&category=751

Patient Zero
03-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Well, the only bidder is razorsharp. Funny cuz he sounds like a dullard to me. :dead: :greedy: :dead: A fool and his money....

DarthChuckMc
03-21-2003, 04:07 PM
I checked this guys feedback. He's on the up and up :rolleyes:

He's also recently sold a 3x Sexy Plus Size Lingerie For Valentine's. This guy has it all. :stupid:

Exhaust Port
03-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Real lightsaber? :rolleyes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-21-2003, 05:00 PM
:rolleyes:

Well, nearly all the other posts on this thread that face, so i just tossed one in too!!!

A real saber?!?!? Where do I sign up!??!

Vortex
03-21-2003, 05:23 PM
Wasn't there some knock off little company making these things a while back?

I remember seeing them in a comic or two or in the toy mags...they had plump mid 30 year old in the photo dressed as obi wan...

They had a red blade and a blue blade? You could fight with them, and stuff and I think they only wanted something like 350 or 250 for the things.

I could swear the ebay auction is the same thing. I remember the handles looking cheesy.

Anyone else remember this add or seeing this?

Vortex
03-21-2003, 05:29 PM
oh yea, I found the ones I was thinking of, and I found the site that sells them...for a lot less than what this guy is asking...

check out these sites:

http://www.buystarwarsstuff.com/furysaber.shtml

http://www.futurehorizons.net/saber.htm

http://www.parksabers.com/

So who wants to duel????

jjreason
03-21-2003, 07:19 PM
As long as I could use it to melt through all the closed blast-doors I encounter on a daily basis, I think it would be worth the cash. :D

InsaneJediGirl
03-21-2003, 09:15 PM
:rolleyes:

Wow,real and vintage.Too bad I didnt see this before the auction ended:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :rolleyes:

Beast
03-21-2003, 10:00 PM
This saber looks so real that itís almost like Darth Vader droped his light saber right out of the T.V. and on to your floor.
Funny. I don't remember Darth Vader's lightsaber ever looking like a total piece of knock-off crap. I better go watch the OT again. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
03-22-2003, 12:46 AM
Parksabers rules, but their sabers are around $350 or so, use only non-LFL hilt designs, don't have sound effects, and use much safer EL systems for the lighting effect.

Vortex
03-23-2003, 12:07 AM
So JT, I am safe to assume you dropped a dime or two on a, or many, park sabers?

And if so, please give us your personal 2 bits on them. Fun to play with, friends get a kick outta them, or did that purchase push you over the line to super geek?

Just wondering. They do look cool, but I'm not sure I'm willing to drop all those buckazoids for one...yet...maybe...not sure...

Tonysmo
03-23-2003, 01:19 AM
hmmm... park saber or Anakin FX??

scruffziller
03-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Well at least it is an honest description.
But shoot, I know guys who make those for $50.
And they have a cool finger sensor switch that gives the lightsaber ignighting effect.

hango fett
03-23-2003, 03:10 PM
man! i want one! better start saving now! they are bad @$$!
h

JediTricks
03-23-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by tjovonovich
So JT, I am safe to assume you dropped a dime or two on a, or many, park sabers?

And if so, please give us your personal 2 bits on them. Fun to play with, friends get a kick outta them, or did that purchase push you over the line to super geek?

Just wondering. They do look cool, but I'm not sure I'm willing to drop all those buckazoids for one...yet...maybe...not sure... I bought a non-electronic hilt back in '98 from them and have been very happy with it. It's solid and fun, can hold a dowel if I wanted, and wasn't a bank-breaker (what do you expect? It's not electronic ;)). I've seen their newer EL stuff at shows though and it's nice work, I was pretty impressed with it. There wasn't a lot of room to play, but it felt good and exciting, and the best part for me was that the blade was fully removable (I hear they have a bunch of new colors for the blades now too). Still, I wasn't able to part with the 4 bills to get one though and I'm pretty geeky about lightsabers.

I've had the Hasbro basic lightsabers since '99 (back when there was just the green Qui-Gon one and the electronic and non-electronic Maul sabers) and my family likes playing with them in the park on picnics. However, those are cheap pieces of plastic that they don't feel TOO silly with and aren't afraid to really smash into each other - I don't think these expensive replicas would go over quite as well. ;)

Tonysmo, the FX sabers from MR are definitely cheaper ($150 vs $350) and have motion-sensitive sound effects, but the blade isn't removable and the hilt is said to be a bit too big and plastic-feeling. I think it all depends on what you want of it. Also, MR says the FX shouldn't be whacked at anything, but Parksabers say that while they can't advise such things, the tubes holding the sabers are strong enough to duel with.