PDA

View Full Version : Macfarlane Matrix and T3 images!!

wedgeA
03-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Here is a link to images from Macfarlane's site, which contain the new Matrix and T3 pics:

http://www.spawn.com/toys/categorytype.aspx?categoryid=8

Although T3 does not look good as a movie, it will be great to have a nice "real" Ah-nuld figure.

As for the Matrix line, they are very scene specific, but I must say "wow". This surpasses the previous line by N2.

Beast
03-21-2003, 05:50 PM
Not really new, but there are a couple better pictures.
But they are already being discussed here:

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17820

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
03-22-2003, 05:35 AM
Sorry JJB, forgot to use the search. Thanks for the info!

12inch Lando
03-22-2003, 05:39 AM
Cool pics. Ok, so the T-850 is a newer model T-800. Why did they use a body type that obviously looks 12 years older.;)

Jayspawn
03-22-2003, 10:18 AM
I really like the look of McFarlane's T3 and Matrix figures. Finally, some good lines (that will actually sell).

wedgeA, T3 looks cool! How could you say it doesn't?

wedgeA
03-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Jayspawn,

From the trailer, it does not look too impressive. Cameron's non-involvement does not boost my confidence. I think Mostow is a good director, but I am not sure he can take on this big a film.
The trailer just does not convey the same sense of excitement that T2 did.

I do like is that Furlong is not back as John Connor- I can't stand him.

12inch Lando
03-22-2003, 02:46 PM
I agree with WedgeA. When I saw the trailer the first thing that I thought of was Robocop 3. I will see it though and I do hope Arnold proves me wrong.

187-Maul
03-23-2003, 01:57 PM
as I've already said in the other thread, I'm really looking forward to the Matrix line (although I'm not so sure on the twins anymore due to space restrictions, I barely have anymore room left for all the new McF stuff!)
the T3 line looks cool too although the only fig I want from it is the T-850 with coffin since I already have the MM4 Arnie and don't need 3 (or 4 if you count the deluxe box Arnie too)

Jayspawn
03-23-2003, 11:46 PM
I agree with you wedgeA that James Cameron's non-involvment is a blow to the film.

mrmiller
03-25-2003, 08:07 AM
All these look awesome- my shelf of Movie line figures is going to be packed soon- Move ove Bob and Doug Macenzie, make room for Arnold and the Aliens!

=MATT=

jpak001
05-10-2003, 09:00 PM
The McF website has posted final packaged pictures of the Matrix line. Check it out, they look pretty nice!

http://spawn.com/features/matrix1/neo.html

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-10-2003, 09:39 PM
aw, they look so smushed in their plastic prisons!!! Poor lil' fellas!! :D

I had the original N2 matrix figures and sold them on ebay when I saw these monsters. These figures are just spectacular in my opinion. They nearly beg to be opened, but i'm MOC collector, so it boggles me if i should buy two sets...hehehehhehehe

Now, are the "matrix 2" series going to be based off "Revolutions" or all the films like series 1? Anybody? anyone? Bueller??

thanks for the link!! :D

jpak001
05-11-2003, 01:06 AM
I'll probably get and leave the Chateu set in the box, it looks pretty cool that way to me. Not sure if I'll get the twins & Morpheus, but definitely getting & opening Neo & Trinity from the original Matrix. The old N2's don't even hold a candle to this stuff!

Mcfarlane does make the best packaging on the market these days IMO. They're nice and compact, very sturdy, and always have awesome artwork all over them! :D

I just hope that McFarlane does a Sentinel robot at some point.... That would be sweet!

Jayspawn
05-11-2003, 01:18 AM
I hope McFarlane does a Series 2 with Agent Smith!

bobafrett
05-11-2003, 11:14 AM
Yes, an agent Smith is going to be on my wish list!

mrmiller
05-16-2003, 09:06 AM
I just picked up the Neo and Trinity for the Lobby Scene at EB yesterday. I must say... Awesome!

These are crazy figures, that really look cool when attached to their stands and set up in a Diorama. The only bad thing is that's about the only thing you can do with them, as they don't make particullarly good action figures. But they look cool on my shelf with my Aliens V. Preadator 2 pack and Star Wars Unleashed Figs. I decided to pass on the Twins and Morephous, but the case breakdown looks like the Twins are the rare figures. I believe the breakdown is: 2x Trinity, 2x Neo, 2x Morephous, 1 Twin#1, 1 Twin#2. You actullay have to look pretty good to even notice the difference in the twins, but if yu are going to set up the Twins vs. Morephous diorama, you'll want both different ones.

=MATT=

Jayspawn
05-16-2003, 09:27 AM
I'm going to EB today to look for them!!!!!

Jayspawn
05-16-2003, 12:43 PM
Wohoo!! I picked up Neo, Trinity, Morpheus, and Twin 1 at EB this morning! They're sweet!!! What cool figures. They were $11.99 a piece of course.

*they got 3 whole boxes in and only 3 Twin 1s and NO Twin 2. They called the other stores and nobody got in Twin 2. He'll be around later I'm sure.

mrmiller
05-16-2003, 01:20 PM
Crap, my store had 1 each of the twins. Maybe I need to pick up twin 2 now while I can?

=MATT=

jpak001
05-16-2003, 01:38 PM
They're out already???? I thought they weren't supposed to be released until 05/25! Time for some plastic hunting!!!

Prince Xizor
05-16-2003, 02:06 PM
I went to see the movie yesterday, and they guy at EB just brought out the case of the figures, layed it on the ground by the desk and went to do some paperwork. I went up to him and asked him if I could buy them and he told me they would out later tonight, but I my movie started in an hour and the mall would be closed by the time I got out, so I told him this and he just looked at me and went "They'll be out tonight. Come back tomorrow." So I said "Thank's a ****ing lot" and stormed out.

So I went to another EB at our other local mall and picked up Neo and Trinity there.

jpak001
05-16-2003, 02:34 PM
That stinks, I've had that some thing happen to me too...

I know they need to receive it in their system, but if the put it out on the sales floor they should be ready to do it right there for you.... These guys just don't understand that the "come back tomorrow" thing really doesn't work for us collectors.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-16-2003, 02:47 PM
hehehehehhe bastardly sales people!! I hate EB, overpriced games and they ALWAYS tag their simpsons stuff, which is overpriced and then they mark it down pretty much the next week. I might just online these bad boys. :D

wedgeA
05-16-2003, 03:20 PM
Picked up Neo and Trinity from Software Etc. (is that the same as EB?), and they are awesome. They completely blow the N2 versions away. Although they are not really action figures, they really capture the atmosphere of the film. Overall great stuff. I'd love to see a flying Neo in the next series. Ditto for Agent Smith, but one figure that is absolutely necessary is Persephone. Imagine owning a Monica Bellucci figure!

Could not find the Morpheus, and I passed on the Twins. Although the Twins look great, I feel like I am paying for two of the same figure, especially considering the higher prices for the line. It's not like they even have additional features or even a different sculpt. I might go for them if I find them at a lower price.

Jayspawn
05-17-2003, 12:12 AM
An Agent Smith figure is a must. I'm already getting impatient. *sigh* I would also like Switch, Apoc, and Agent Johnson.

Prince Xizor
05-17-2003, 12:50 PM
I think an Agent Smith is a lock for the next series, they would be supremely stupid not to make him. I also think we will get an Neo and Trinity from Reloaded, and I am hoping for a Cypher from Matrix.

jpak001
05-17-2003, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I imagine at least a Smith & Nirobi will be on que for the next series (maybe w/reloaded Neo & Trinity). Hopefully they'll give us a Deluxe boxed Sentinel.... that would be awesome!

Could you imagine a McFarlane Sentinel ???

bobafrett
06-02-2003, 11:28 PM
I saw tons of the Neo figures at TRU yesterday. Oh, how I wanted to get one, but I am strapped for cash right now. Does anyone know how the cases are packed? I mean, are there 3 or 4 Neos with only one each of the other figures? I was just wondering why I saw so many Neos, and none of the other figures.

187-Maul
06-03-2003, 01:07 PM
well, although very strange, it seems as if the usual case breakdown is somehting like this:
6 Neo's
3 Trinity's
2 Morpheus'
1 Twin 1
and a lot of cases even contain 7 Neo's
a lot of cases didn't have any Twin 2 at all, that's why he's going for so much on ebay at the moment

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-03-2003, 03:08 PM
I picked mine up a few weeks ago when i was home for Memorial day weekend. I was at the local Meijer and they had just unloaded a case...i cleaned them out..hehehehhehehe I got Neo, Morpheus, Trinity and Twin 1. I got an extra neo as well and opened him. Twin 2 is a pain to find, which is why i ordered two off ebgames.com. I advise anybody to get one if they see it. Amazon.com HAD another figure called, "Neo, Reloaded" for sale, but it seems to have vanished. I wonder...... :D

mini-rock
06-03-2003, 04:38 PM
I didn't plan to get these, but after seeing them in the store up close couldn't pass them up. I got all 5, and just got an email from Amazon that my Neo in the Chataeu just shipped. They has a ton of everything except Twin 2, there were only 3 of those. I only bought one and left the other 2 in front of the rest of the figures so other people would have a chance to them. These are actually alot better than I first thought.:)

Jayspawn
06-04-2003, 12:24 AM
I got a complete set of Matrix figures and I'm pleased as hell. I wish Agent Smith was part of Series 1 though.

mini-rock
06-04-2003, 12:29 AM
Yeah. me too. I'm hoping for another box set, but this time with Neo fghting the Smith's on the court. Perhaps the scene where he throws them all off of him after they pile on. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2003, 12:43 AM
(mike thinks of Mini-rocks idea and promptly wets himself)

That is a great idea for a boxset, dude!! seriously!!! a pile on would be delicious, but maybe like the scene where he kicks the one smith and it kicks into slow mo and his leg glides over and takes out the other Smith coming at him.

I'll be getting my Twin 2 in a week or so. After that, i'm gonna get some paychecks in my account before buying the chateau. :D

mini-rock
06-04-2003, 04:42 AM
Thanks JMG. There are so many possiblities of cool scenes to make. I'm hoping we get to see alot of them happen.:)

jpak001
06-04-2003, 04:21 PM
Hey! I just found the Chataeu at TRU today on lunch break. Very nice looking set! Very HUGE box, but very cool looking set. Think I might have to leave this one in the box, it does look pretty cool that way!

btw: it was $24.99 at TRU

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Alright, I had just sold back some of my books and headed uptown to a comic store here in Athens. They had gotten in two cases of Matrix figures. Guess who was sitting there: Twin 2. So, i bought him immediately.

Now comes the "problem." I had ordered two of the Twin 2's off ebgames and now i don't need them. I don't know if they'll be shipping any more of these anytime soon, so if anybody wants one of the Twin 2 figures, drop me a PM w/ any questions. If i don't hear anything from anybody by tomorrow night, i'm going to cancel the order all together. Cheers!! :D

jpak001
06-05-2003, 04:53 PM
Hey JMG, I might be interested in one of those. Could you PM what it would cost me, or if there's anything you need in trade ?

Thanks !! :D

mini-rock
06-12-2003, 12:56 AM
I finally opened my Neo in the CHateau box set today. I didn't realize how big this thing is (16" high). Putting it together was easy for the most part, but putting together the break apart statue was a PITA. he break apart statue comes apart at the head, arms and mid section. Taking it apart you take the little plastic pegs and replace them with clear pegs to make it look like it is broken in mid air. Pretty cool, but like I said it's a PITA. I also like the way Neo is suspended in air. Instead of the white pole shown in the pics, and the back of the box, it comes with a little metal pole that attaches to the wall, and in Neo's back. IMO it makes it more "believable" that the figure is flying. Also the bad guy attaches to the break apart statue with one of the clear pegs too. Anyone keeping this in the box should buy a second one to open. This thing is awesome.:D

Anyone get their's yet?

jpak001
06-12-2003, 01:27 AM
Hmmm... can't afford a second one, but damn I do get more and more tempted to open mine everyday.........

I'm sure I'll open eventually as soon as I have a good spot to put it. It IS a nice set!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-12-2003, 01:35 AM
Fiddlesticks!!! I haven't been hunting in weeks. I can't wait to get out of OU and back into civilization. This is numero uno on my "list o' stuff to buy" :D