PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a FX Anakin lightsaber?

Amy
03-21-2003, 05:43 PM
I am soooooooo tempted to buy one of these, but I'm just not too sure its worth the money. I would love to have one for the opening night of E3:p ... So, here are my questions..

1)Once you power up, with the saber stay on intill you shut it off, or will it turn off after awhile like the hasbros?

2)Can you duel with someone else if your not TOO rough, or will they break easy?

3)How do you like yours, is it cool?:)

Thanks for the help guys.:D

DarthChuckMc
03-21-2003, 07:46 PM
Hey Amy,
I bought into the hype. I got one from KBtoys.com for $99. Beleive it or not, it is well worth it. The instructions recommend that you NOT duel with it, but it is possible. I've never left mine on for more than 2-3 minutes, so I'm not sure about the shut off feature. Give me a few minutes and I'll post a pic.

Amy
03-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Oh really? That would be great! I have only seen that same ol picture over and over. Thanks alot!:)

DarthChuckMc
03-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Here's one

DarthChuckMc
03-21-2003, 08:16 PM
Here's another. I'll get some dim lighting ones later tonite or tomorrow.

Amy
03-21-2003, 09:10 PM
Oh wow thats so cool!!!:D Thanks alot for the pictures, I now know it must be mine:p . Your kids look so cute dueling lol!

JediTricks
03-22-2003, 01:49 AM
DarthChuckMc, cool pics, I especially like that faint motion trail on the MR saber in the 2nd shot. When you take more, might you be able to take one of the Hasbro Obi-Wan saber fully extended next to the MR Anakin saber so we can get a better idea of the sizes of the hilts and blades for the MR in comparison to the Hasbro piece?

derek
03-22-2003, 09:23 AM
you might want to find a local comic shop that has these in stock. i was all set to buy one sight un-seen, but after holding one at a local comic book store, i wasn't very impressed with the quality of the saber, especially the hilt.

the hilt feels like plastic, just like the anakin interactive saber that sells for $25-$30. for $100 i just expected more.:(

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Here's a comparison next to the one of the Basic Lightsabers ($7.99 one)

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Here's another with my son showing the blur motion

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 01:49 PM
This has nothing to do with the sabers. This is just my set of Vintage 12 backs that I am so proud of. :D

The figures are c-9+ vintage. The weapons are real, except for the Vader, Ben and Luke. I bought a set of repro double telescoping sabers. A guy I met online did the cards, color inserts, and bubbles. Total cost for repro cards, figures, and repro sabers:

$250

Beats the heck out of paying almost $5,000 for a REAL set.

Amy
03-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Oh WOW!!!!:eek: Those pics are even better then your last ones lol. The hilt does seem like the same size as Hasbro's, but I'm not too picky about that.

Dang, those vintage cards rule sooooo much arse. You even have a shuttle! Can I come over? lol

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 07:07 PM
As a matter of fact.....I have TWO shuttles...;) j/k

I mean...I do have 2 shuttles....I wasn't implying...I mean I......oh forget it.....:stupid:

Amy
03-22-2003, 10:04 PM
LOL! Dang you and your shuttle having luck!:mad:

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 11:01 PM
You want one? Not for free, I mean. I live 20 miutes from FAO. I would be more than happy to pick one up and mail it to you if you so desired.
Or, you can call the FAO here in Orlando, FL, and they will mail it to you, but I'm not sure what they charge for shipping.
Also, I think CloudCity collectables has them for the same price or less than FAO does.

Tonysmo
03-23-2003, 12:47 AM
Those Pics of the FX saber are cool - and pretty much solidfies my 1st purchase with my next paycheck.. grrr... hate... waiting...

Thanks Amy for asking those though questions.. and thanks Darth for posting those pics..

now... someone start listing sites where we can pick one up for $100 instead of $140...

whooo hoooo!!

JediTricks
03-23-2003, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the pics. I like the blade length (except for the end-cap), but I don't love the hilt length and width. Ah, who am I kidding? I'll end up buying the Vader one. :D

DarthChuckMc
03-23-2003, 07:14 PM
The saber is actually pretty confortable to hold. It's weighted pretty well. The cap on the end isn't as noticable in person. The flash from the camera really makes it show worse than it is. The sound effect is similar to Hasbro's sabers. Just a "little" more authentic I guess.

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to post a VERY small MPEG?
I'd like to give you guys a better "feel" for it.
Any tips? LMK

Amy
03-23-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc

BTW, does anyone know if it's possible to post a VERY small MPEG?
I'd like to give you guys a better "feel" for it.
Any tips? LMK

I've been wondering that myself. I have no idea how to post a clip.

JediTricks
03-25-2003, 11:22 PM
Since the forums' attachment size is fairly small compared to most movie and audio files, Steve has files limited to only images and text. Therefore, any movies would have to be linked to on another site.

2-1B
05-18-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Amy
I am soooooooo tempted to buy one of these, but I'm just not too sure its worth the money.

Oh ? :confused:

Well, you can get them for $80 now at KB.com . . . or just $35 out of your own pocket if you throw in your scam money. :mad:

DarthChuckMc
05-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Oh ? :confused:

Well, you can get them for $80 now at KB.com . . . or just $35 out of your own pocket if you throw in your scam money. :mad:

Classic Caeser.....pure classic.....:D

[DSS]Pedr0
05-18-2003, 03:13 PM
I Actually LOVE the ANAKIN ForCE FX saber...I AM DEFINITELY BUYING THE SITH RED VAder Saber Too!!!!

DarthChuckMc
05-18-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by [DSS]Pedr0
I Actually LOVE the ANAKIN ForCE FX saber...I AM DEFINITELY BUYING THE SITH RED VAder Saber Too!!!!

Has MR given a release date YET?

[DSS]Pedr0
05-18-2003, 03:58 PM
I havent heard a Date, but...i would assume within the next few weeks or shortly after they "retire" the ANakiN one....

AndyW
05-19-2003, 03:32 PM
Mines due to arrive tomorrow, got a phone call from fedex to say I had to pay duty and vat, but hell, I'm excited. Pity I've got to work all day and won't get to play till evening time!

mini-rock
05-20-2003, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by AndyW
Mines due to arrive tomorrow, got a phone call from fedex to say I had to pay duty and vat, but hell, I'm excited. Pity I've got to work all day and won't get to play till evening time!

That's not bad you're getting it tomorrow instead of 4-6 weeks. You just ordered it like a week ago right? I'm sure you'll love it.:D