PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite SW game?

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 08:56 PM
I personally like Rebellion. I know the graphics aren't anything special, but it is an AWESOME game. It's replay ability is astounding. And I got RebEd, the Rebellion Editor, and it is so much fun now. I added Ep I characters, with great graphics. New ships, etc. If you haven't played this one yet, you don't know what you're missing!

the master jedi
08-17-2001, 09:25 PM
Jedi knight is, by far, the best game ever made. I can't enough of that game.

Boba Rhett
08-18-2001, 01:35 AM
I agree with master jedi. Jk/Mots are the best Star Wars games to date. And they have the added bonus of being editable and having large editing communities.

QLD
08-18-2001, 05:52 PM
I still say, that the SNES were HANDS DOWN, the best SW games ever.

Boba Rhett
08-18-2001, 06:19 PM
Hmmm.. yes, those were some of the best games ever devised by man kind. I hope that one day Lucasarts will make some fps/rpgs that follow the original trilogy. Just think about it! You'd get to play as Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, etc.... I believe if they did do this it would be one of the best selling games ever. A man can dream, can't he...... :(

bigbarada
08-18-2001, 08:44 PM
I really liked Rogue Squadron for N64. Can't wait for Rogue Leader!:)

the master jedi
08-18-2001, 09:12 PM
I think Shadows of the Empire would've been better if they would have added a lightsaber cheat.

JediTricks
08-19-2001, 07:09 AM
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, no question at all.

Boba Rhett
08-19-2001, 03:34 PM
Shadows of the Empire would have been a much more popular game but, sadly, it was released the same year as Jedi Knight and simply couldn't compete. So now, it's all but forgotten. :o

Are any of you interested in Galactic Battlegrounds? It' looks really good. For the latest news head to www.galacticbattles.com and stop on by the forums too. :)

JediTricks, Do you edit JK at all?

PloKoon2385
08-19-2001, 08:00 PM
I am looking forward to Galactic Battlegrounds, if that's the one that is like Age of Empires. I want to try Jedi Knight, but I bought it from Half Price Books, and they only included the 2nd CD. The person who brought it in is a jerk most likely and just did that so he could get the money and keep the game. Jerk!

JEDIpartner
08-20-2001, 09:35 AM
I loved ROGUE SQUADRON! That was the ultimate for me!

I also love running around in the E1 game... don't anyone diss me for that.

evenflow
08-20-2001, 03:23 PM
You know what, I think the Super Nintendo Star Wars games were the best. SW, ESB, & ROTJ. I like Shadows alot, but I wish that you didn't always have to be Dash Rendar.

JediTricks
08-21-2001, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Shadows of the Empire would have been a much more popular game but, sadly, it was released the same year as Jedi Knight and simply couldn't compete. So now, it's all but forgotten. :o

JediTricks, Do you edit JK at all? I thought SOTE did really well when it came out, everybody talked about it, played it, and finished it. Unfortunately, with a console game, that's pretty much all you can do, no online play, no editing, no add-ons. When I think of the N64 system, I think of Goldeneye, Rogue Squadron, Mario Kart, and SOTE.

I don't edit Jedi Knight at all, I don't even have Mysteries of the Sith yet. My problem is my system BARELY meets the criteria to play and my HD is almost full, so I don't really have enough confidence in my computer to mess around with that stuff. Next month, I'll be upgrading to a much more powerful system so I can play Jedi Knight 2 when it comes out, and I think I'll look into the editing thing. Do you edit, and if so, do you recommend it?

QLD
08-21-2001, 08:12 AM
See, evenflow knows what I am talking about! :)

evenflow
08-21-2001, 08:38 AM
Its true, they were great games. :D

Boba Rhett
08-21-2001, 10:45 AM
Yes, I edit Jedi Knight quite a bit, actually. If you do get into it I'd be glad to help learn the basics. If your wanting to edit JK2 when it comes out, once you get your new pc, you should pick up Quake 3 Team Arena and mess with editing it because JK2 will basically be edited the same way.

btw, know what type of system your getting yet?

JediTricks
08-22-2001, 09:58 AM
Cool, thanks for the offer.

I'm getting a mix-n-match PC, probably a 1.2ghz AMD Athlon (my first non-pentium) with a 266mhz motherboard. I know for sure that I'll be getting a 64megs of video RAM videocard, but I haven't figured out WHICH one yet.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-06-2001, 11:46 AM
I still have my Atari 2600, and it works! The 2 SW games I still have are ESB (AT-AT attack on Hoth) and ROJ (destroy DS 2). The second's my favorite.

ThomasLane
09-09-2001, 09:40 AM
My favorites: Jedi Knight, followed closely by X-Wing.

I can't believe somebody liked Rebellion best. When I bought the game, I played it for about 12 hours, pretending to like it. Wife says: "How's that game you just spent $30 on?" To which I reply: "Umm... It's great... I think I'll take out the trash and mow the lawn now..."

Lobito
09-14-2001, 02:34 PM
Dark forces for PC
Shadows of the Empire - N64
Rougue Squadron - N64

Top 3:D

SunCrusher
09-15-2001, 10:09 PM
JT, get the Hercules Prophet 64 meg GeForce 2 card. It is only around 120 dollars, and it is also the only card besides the geforce 3 cards known to actually run tribes 2 with no flaws. Can't beat that for 120 bucks.

yukface27
10-03-2001, 10:52 PM
I would have to go with the SNES games. They were SO awesome. I own Super ESB and I still play it. SOTE was very cool too, that got some real good play time. I have played a bit of Dark Forces II and that was really cool, but I own a Mac (don't hurt me), so I only got to play it once.

yukface27@hotmail.com

LTBasker
10-27-2001, 06:44 AM
Jedi Knight would have to be my favorite. Making 3dos and stuff for the levels are pretty fun once you get the hang of it. :)

Even though it's an N64 game, I'd have to say my second fave would be Battle for Naboo or Starfighter. ;D

Wolfwood319
11-04-2001, 08:34 AM
Jedi Knight, and Rogue Squadron are my favorites. I also like Power Battles for Dreamcast (Don't hurt me! *crouches into fetal position) I love being able to play as Plo-Koon and Mace Windu.

Also, Star Wars Galaxies could quite possibly be the greatest MMORPG ever, if its done right. There is a lot of debates going on over at their forums though on what should and shouldn't be included. But I do hope it turns out good.

PloKoon2385
11-05-2001, 04:44 PM
1. Rebellion
2. Jedi Power Battles (PS)
3. Force Commander

I don't care how dumb they are to others, i love them. I am also looking forward to Galactic Battlegrounds!