PDA

View Full Version : X2 figures (wave 1)- a review...well, kinda!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2003, 12:54 AM
Ok, i was lucky enough to stumble upon the first wave of the X2 figures at a KB on the way home from school tonight....i'm a MIB collector, but i bought an extra nightcrawler, so i'll play off that the rest have the same playability as him.

First off, i think the figures look fairly good. I believe that there was as new laser scanning thing done for them, so they look closer to the actors. most of them have a fair amount of accessories, well, i mean, as much as they can..you don't need a bunch of stuff with the X-men!! Wolverine comes with a a base, where you place him on it and spin it, he does that crazy wailing arms and schnitk thing!! the Logan figure comes with a wolf, which looks good and yet again, he has an switch where you twist it, he rotates and does the schnitk thing.....Cyclops is a good lookin' figure...he has a button his back where surprise surprise, his eye lights up...he also comes with a gun base....it reminds me of the old "batman forever" Two-Face gun launcher..where it had a stand, it rotated and fired missles...decent figure.now, onto the gem...

Nightcrawler....wow, just wow....first off, it looks EXACTLY like the character from theovie....well, as far as i've seen.....he comes with a base thing...it's basically a window from the church that they're in in the films trailer..you have to assemble it and it seems flimsy, but when you get it done, its' great.....he also has a bendable tail, you can wrap around the pillars so, he hangs there......he's rediculously articulated too...perfect figure all around!!

The nightcrawler figure has rediculous amounts of articulation and from the looks of it, the others too...i would definately recommend checking these figures out...Happy hunting!! :D

Prince Xizor
03-22-2003, 03:48 AM
I want nightcrawler bad...

How much were they?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-22-2003, 09:49 AM
At KB, they were 7.99, so look for them to be about 5.99 everywhere else! :D cheers!

Jayspawn
03-22-2003, 11:21 AM
They are soundung like great figures this time around. I really want Nightcrawler, Logan, and Cyclops w/ coat.

kool-aid killer
03-22-2003, 11:47 AM
Im kind of suprised that they will make new toys for X2. Reason i say that is i see a ton of the figures from the first movie at my local KBs and even they are marked down. But then maybe they sold good in your neck of the woods.

jpak001
03-22-2003, 03:51 PM
Kool-aid, there's a million of those at all my local KB's too. Looks like KB probably got all the left-overs from ToyBiz. I like some from the 1st series, but these new ones look way better!

JMG, from the pics I've seen, they look like they're comparable to Marvel Legends (in terms of articulation at least). Could you confirm this? Thanks!!:)

Amy
03-23-2003, 04:30 PM
I really want these as well, but the next few months will have to go to my SW collection.

Adam
03-24-2003, 12:18 AM
Hmm I'll get Nightcrawler. Good figure, good base = good buy.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-25-2003, 04:15 AM
Ok, sorry about my delay in replying, i was in columbus and Cleveland attending some shows. Yes, they are extremely articulated and are a great buy. I've been messingwith my nightcrawler figure for a while!!! saw them all around cols this weekend, so look for them, they'll be around. Cheers!! :D

Prince Xizor
03-25-2003, 10:17 PM
My KB has a whole endcap devoted to X-Men Movie I toys. They are all down to 2.99. Crap.

jpak001
04-22-2003, 10:44 PM
I finally found one of these figs at KB and JMG is right, this figure is great! I have him and Wolverine and they're both awesome! Definitely as good as Marvel Legends in terms of articulation, durability and detail.

...I'm sure I'll end up getting more.

Here's a pic of Nightcrawler with a few buddies (sorry about the crappy pic quality):

Dr Zoltar
04-23-2003, 02:14 PM
I'd have to agree. Nightcrawler is the must have figure of X2 wave 1. I was lucky enough to stumble across a case fresh one Monday night at KayBee. He looks incredible and really resembles Alan Cumming. He even has the swirly tattoos on his face!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2003, 03:58 PM
Talk about bringing this thread up from the realms of purgatory!!! I thought i'd give everybody, well those who care, that wave 2 is FINALLY out. I'm getting the hookup for all the figures except Iceman, who seems to be the hard find of the group. I think in time though, he'll be easier to get. Glad to see these finally came out, even though they're mostly rehashes, but the magneto looks awesome. HH!! :D

http://www.marvel.com/toybiz/xmen/breakdown.htm?asst_no=70715

AT-AT Man
11-10-2003, 06:35 PM
got myself iceman last week. He's incredible. I love him, and can't put him down. Suprisingly he was the only wave 2 fig they had. I was lucky. What i'm really looking for, is that trench coat Cyclops.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-10-2003, 06:38 PM
AT-AT- Nice!! I got an iceman myself today too!! Can't wait!! I can't stress enough how surprised i am that this wave is out. Shame we'll never see a Deathstrike or Jean Grey or something. :frus:

AT-AT Man
11-10-2003, 06:40 PM
Yes, that makes me mad as well. Another fig that was rumored in that wave, was Collossus. Now that would have been an awesome fig.

Beast
11-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Yeah, Wave III was supposed to be: Colossus, Lady Deathstrike, Nightcrawler in X-Men Uniform, and Wolverine (again). Shame that it will never see the light of day. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks