PDA

View Full Version : New Boba Fett coloring

INDIANA
03-22-2003, 01:55 PM
Is it just my or does the paint job on the new Boba Fett seem odd? It looks, well, cartoony. Too bright and colorfull. It stands out against the other Jabba's Palace figures I have it displayed with and just looks odd.

Anyone else think so?

Amy
03-22-2003, 02:00 PM
Nope its not just you. I saw him for the first time today, and passed.

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I agree, but I just keep telling myself, "These are toys for kids." Sometimes it works That's how I justified the action features.

"Toys for kids."

Say it with me now.

"Toys for kids."

Is it working yet?

Nah....not for me either :crazed:

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 02:45 PM
No I think we all noticed it, but I don't care, it's Fett. I can't believe you pasted on Fett Amy and bought Padme.

INDIANA
03-22-2003, 10:25 PM
I just had a scarry thought. Remember how Eeth Koth looked so different when he came out, and we later found out that he was kind of the precurser of things to come in the E2 line?

What if this "cartoony" paint job on Boba Fett is also an example of things to come......from the Clone Wars line?

Amy
03-22-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
No I think we all noticed it, but I don't care, it's Fett. I can't believe you pasted on Fett Amy and bought Padme.

lol, I needed a chase Padme:p! And I really was going to get him till I saw him.:(

INDIANA
03-22-2003, 10:43 PM
Speaking of 400....shouldn't we be there already? I know Hasbro had some creative counting to get to 300, but, what, 57 Saga figs, already another 27 listed this year, 4 preview, and I'm not sure how many figures rounded out the POTJ line after 300 Boba, AND the various head variations (or don't they count).

I know someone with greater knowledge of the force than I (Jar Jar...) will do the math and see where we're at.

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 12:04 AM
Boba could be wearing a dress and I will still buy him. He rules

Amy
03-23-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by JediBrian
The new Boba Fett looks like crap. The flame effect is all wrong. I don't remember seeing that many flames shoot out in Return of the Jedi. I'll stick with 300th Boba. Or wait for the 400th. LOL.

I never did get my hands on the 300th Fett, so I'll snag the new bounty hunter 4-pack.:)

Jerjerrod
03-23-2003, 01:07 AM
I gave my opinion on Fett in an earlier thread, and thought it looked too cartoony also. The pictures of him on the back of the card looks waaaaay better. Also, note the missile on the back pictures is completely different than the production model, which is a friggin blue stick. :rolleyes:

I can't wait to get a REAL Boba Fett ROTJ styles. (400th or 500th, whatever it takes.)

Amy
03-23-2003, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Jerjerrod
. Also, note the missile on the back pictures is completely different than the production model, which is a friggin blue stick. :rolleyes:

Yeah I saw this as well, really bad call by Hasbro.

JEDIpartner
03-23-2003, 01:39 PM
I think the new Han Solo (Hoth) is a bit too cartoony as well. The colours on this figure are even a little brighter than that of the vintage counterpart. Strange.

halcon orlus
03-26-2003, 09:11 AM
Speaking of fett coloration, what color are his forearm armors supposed to be? Green like on the 300th or brown or what? They are rust colored on the kiddie fett, aren't they? Just curious.

TheDarthVader
03-26-2003, 11:36 AM
What makes you think boba fett will be the 400th or 500th figure? When you look on the back of the 300th fett, the lst fig was luke, 100th han carbonite, 200th mara jade, and 300th fett. I believe they will change the character when they reach 400 or 500. The 500th figure should be Darth Vader. 400th...?? Leia maybe or kenobi.

mm74md
03-26-2003, 11:53 AM
So, are you people finding Saga Fett in stores or just commenting on pictures you've seen?

Just curious as us folks in the D.C./Baltimore area havn't seen crap lately. We are finally seeing good old Ephant Mon waves!

PS - The colors look great to me. Very "Vintage Fett". Any Classic Fett is a Good Fett in my opinion!

aceguide
03-26-2003, 12:17 PM
Ditto on what you are basing your comments on. I have not seen him at retal - oh no wait - I haven't seen anything new at retail. But enough about C3PO and Arena Padme...

I think the fig has all the makings of being very cool. I am wary about the coloring - but doubt I will be able to resist Fett's lure...