PDA

View Full Version : Lay-O-Way is both wonderful AND heartbreaking.

Amy
03-22-2003, 02:08 PM
Well I got me some new toys today:D . I found a SC Anakin,Factory chase Padme, new Tusken,new Dooku,both scene packs,action fleet X-Wing,Falcon,and a Tie...uh, dont know if it was a tie bomber or a Darth Vader tie, I just saw it and grabbed it...

So I made out pretty good! I also saw 1 Boba Fett and Mace, but passed on them.:zzz: But the thing is.. they are all on lay-o-way!:o Its really a blessing I wont have to worry about these now, so l-o-w is WONDERFUL in my book, but at the same time its killing me!

lol, I have new figures and I cant even hold them! Ahhhhhhh!:p Oh well, why am I complaining???:)

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 02:13 PM
I agree. Layaway is both a blessing and a curse. My big problem with Wal*Mart, is the stuff is usually crushed beyond belief by the time I get it out of there. Luckily, the last stuff I put in Lay-o-way was the Anakin and Zam speeders and Slave 1 for the kids, so box condition didn't matter much.

12inch Lando
03-22-2003, 02:16 PM
Lay away is for crack addicts.

Amy
03-22-2003, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by 12inch Lando
Lay away is for crack addicts.

Uh, what?

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 02:34 PM
So Amy, you found the Trash sets and pasted on the Fett. Are you nuts, I'd die for one.:confused:

12inch Lando
03-22-2003, 02:38 PM
I was a retail manager at a computer/video game software store in the past. The only people who inquired about lay away looked like they were on crack. No joke. Well it eventually became a running joke.

Amy
03-22-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
So Amy, you found the Trash sets and pasted on the Fett. Are you nuts, I'd die for one.:confused:

Well I got the scene packs, but yeah Boba just looked strange to me. I was going to get him, till I seen him up close.

12inch Lando- thats funny, It always seems like the WORKERS are on something to me. They get confused just taking your address and phone number half the time.

LTBasker
03-22-2003, 03:45 PM
Yeah lay-away is wonderful, sometimes you get some good people who actually care about your items and they gently place them in the boxes, sometimes you don't but that's fortunately rare here.

Kidhuman
03-22-2003, 04:16 PM
Lay-a-way is awesome. If you are low on cash and see lots o goodies then you can actually get them. You don't have to pass and wonder if they will have it on pay day and then if they don't you have to hunt them down again. I like Lay-a-way. It is a collectors friend.

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm so jealous you found a Tusken Raider. So Jealous --- I am secretly pleased that you cannot yet hold it . . . Heh heh heh. :evil:

Hmmmm, perhaps my new moniker should be Mark Vader.

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 05:41 PM
Mark? Do you need a Tusken?

mark2d2
03-22-2003, 05:45 PM
Yes, I've been on a wild goose chase here in Los Angeles for months now. But I'll probably just order him on line if I don't find one next week when I am up in Minnesota for a funeral.

I blew it by NOT snagging one at Yestertoys when they had them.

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 05:55 PM
Mark.....did you get my PM

QLD
03-22-2003, 06:10 PM
12inch Lando- thats funny, It always seems like the WORKERS are on something to me. They get confused just taking your address and phone number half the time.

Maybe they were confused as to why you were putting $5.00 Star Wars figures on lay away.:crazed:

Amy
03-22-2003, 06:18 PM
Well holy cow Mark, they had more then one so I wish I knew!:o He looked REALLY awesome.

I also forgot(because there not new to me, I already have them), but they also had Eath Koth(2),Imperial Officer(2), and one Teebo.

Here was the breakdown..

2 padme
3 sc anakin
1 boba fett
1 mace windu
3 tusken raider
1 dooku
2 eath koth
2 Imperial Officer
1 teebo

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-22-2003, 06:29 PM
I am going on a trip where there are a few Wal-Marts, hopefully I'll get new stuff, if I don't, then you need to snag some for me, Amy.:D

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 06:31 PM
So someone(s) bought

1 SC Anakin
3 Boba
3 Mace
3 Dooku
4 Obi-Wan
4 R2 Geo. Flight

2 Padme
1 Tusken
1 Teebo
2 SP-4 Jedi droids

Either someone had a lucky day, or a scalper is gonna be grinnin'

Amy
03-22-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
So someone(s) bought

1 SC Anakin
3 Boba
3 Mace
3 Dooku
4 Obi-Wan
4 R2 Geo. Flight

2 Padme
1 Tusken
1 Teebo
2 SP-4 Jedi droids

Either someone had a lucky day, or a scalper is gonna be grinnin'

WOW R2 should have been with them? Dang! And why in the world would anyone want that Mace lol.

Mr. JabbaJohnL-lol. I'll help out anyone here if I can.:)

DarthChuckMc
03-22-2003, 07:36 PM
Don't sweat it over the R2 Amy. He looks like a toy from a gumball machine more than a HASBRO toy.

Turbowars
03-22-2003, 08:02 PM
Hey Amy Can you help me with that Fett? By the way where do you do your hunting?

Amy
03-22-2003, 08:44 PM
DarthChuckMc-Oh yeah? Thats too bad. I remeber on opening night of AOTC the crowd went nuts cheering for R2 in that scene:).

turbowars- When and if I find him again, he is yours. I live in Northeast Oklahoma:).

Kidhuman
03-23-2003, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Amy
I'll help out anyone here if I can.:)

I will be in contact with you soon about that offer if I can't find some stuff.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-26-2003, 07:24 PM
I went to Nebraska, while there, visited 2 Wal-Marts, a Target, and a Shop-Ko. Absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!

However, on the way back to Colorado, we (mom, sisters, me) had to pee, and I pointed out one last Wal-Mart. They had Rebel Fleet Troopers, Ambush Tuskens, and the screen packs!!!!! I got one of each, of course. So, now I have for 2003:
*1. Obi-Wan Kenobi (Acklay Battle)
*2. Mace Windu (Arena Confrontation) I ordered him . . . any day now . . .
*3. Darth Tyranus (Geonosian Escape)
*6. Tusken Raider (Tatooine Camp Ambush)

Let me tell you, the new Tusken is AWESOME. He's really more of an original trilogy figure, cause he has the cloak, but the removable head from AOTC. He looks so cool in the stabbing pose!!!!!!!!!

Turbowars
03-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Man you mean to tell me you didn't pick up another trash set for me? Kicking dirt all POed! :) :crazed:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-27-2003, 10:34 AM
Uh-oh . . . ah well, go to Fort Morgan Wal-Mart, maybe they still have them.;)

Amy
03-27-2003, 11:14 AM
Cool Mr. JabbaJohnL !!! I kinda wish I got more then one Tusken. Is the magnet very strong? I wont be able to pick my figures up till the 15th.(Enless my cats and I wish not to eat for a couple weeks)

Deoxyribonucleic
03-27-2003, 11:42 AM
I'm to compulsive for lay 0 way when it comes to star wars figures! :eek: :)

If it's there and it's something I want, well then, I get it! No "ifs", "ands" or "monkeybutts" about it!!!

:cool:

glad you got your figs though Amy :)

James Boba Fettfield
03-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Never used the layaway. I'll let the credit cards keep that from happening, too.

RooJay
03-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Speaking of layaway - I found a TIE Bomber last month at WalMart, and just paid off my layaway last week! I thought I would never get a shot at owning one of those suckers, and without layaway - I never would have!

Paul-Kenobi
03-30-2003, 05:30 PM
if i found Boba, Mace, Anakin, Tyrannus, Offee, secura, Clone with Speeder Bike in one store I would be forever going to that store and i would be in Toy Heven.